• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Discussion of Serebii's Pokémon Super Mystery Dungeon Discoveries

Status
Not open for further replies.

MandL27

PMD for new meta
Not entirely relevant to the Zero Isle return, but I noticed that Regigigas' dungeon looks like it will once again involve some hour-long Regi puzzle, judging by its Japanese name of "triangular temple" or "three-point temple." So what's that puzzle like?

Karxrida

Lost in the Waves
Do the Emera items randomly spawn in dungeons or can you buy them?

Also, does Mega Evolution require a specific Emera?

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Well he already said that he got Cobalion, Terrakion, Jirachi, Mew, Victini....there are missions to get Genesect, Mewtwo and Mesprit so that's good. But yeah, what about cover legends? How do you get Arceus, Palkia, Groudon, Lugia, Ho-Oh? Curious about this.
(They made a big deal out of Zekrom, Darkrai and Deoxys in the trailers but I didn't see them mentioned anywhere yet either)

Yeah, the cover Legendaries are really the ones I care about. I'm talking about the massive Legendary Pokemon that take up multiple spaces. Conceivably, all the ones you mentioned could fit in one space.

You're wrong. Experience is shared across all. Many of mine have levelled up without me using them

That's a shame. Yet another element that made Gates to Infinity too easy.

So if Serebii was able to connect with 2 (or 3 if you count player character) Raichu, that de-confirms that you can't have multiples of a species, correct? Because Raichu's gender doesn't change it's form or moves, like Meowstic or Mothim, for example. :D

Maybe Serebii got a Raichu and a Pikachu, and evolved the Pikachu?

FireChick

If you befriend legendaries, are you able to nickname them?

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin

shadowjourney15

Pokemon Breeder
If you befriend legendaries, are you able to nickname them?

Unless I missed it, you can't nickname any Pokémon

What? No way! Someone on Tumblr had screenshots they took with their phone that showed them naming/nicknaming their Pokemon. I believe it's an option among where the save and other options are, outside the dungeons. :) I don't believe they'd take that feature out.

MandL27

PMD for new meta
Just got Shaymin randomly in the overworld. Some legendaries are just weird like this. Legendary page? Yay or nay? Let me know in the discussion thread.

I think you should add a page on Legendaries. It'd make them a bit easier to track down for people who want to dexrun this game (such as me!).

Rakurai

Do you really need unevolved Pokemon if you have their evolved form? That's the least of my worries.

Some unevolved Pokemon are better then their evolved forms in certain situations because of their abilities and the fact that the stat differences between the two are minor enough to be made up for with items.

There's also the issue that if you get a Pokemon's unevolved forms before their fully evolved ones, you wouldn't be able to evolve them unless you want your roster to perpetually be lacking some species.

Last edited:

R_N

Some unevolved Pokemon are better then their evolved forms in certain situations because of their abilities and the fact that the stat differences between the two are minor enough to be made up for with items.

There's also the issue that if you get a Pokemon's unevolved forms before their fully evolved ones, you wouldn't be able to evolve them unless you want your roster to perpetually be lacking some species.

I can sort of see the first one as an issue (if minor since most pokemon keep their abilties across evolutions) but the last one seems like a total nonissue beyond the (probably small) subset of people who want 1 of every pokemon

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Just got Shaymin randomly in the overworld. Some legendaries are just weird like this. Legendary page? Yay or nay? Let me know in the discussion thread.

Yes please.

MandL27

PMD for new meta
I'm a bit late to the party, but if
Mew is found in Mystery Jungle in this game,
would that be a reference to PMD2? Same continent as well.

Mardeon

Kalos King
Can the starter/partner mega evolve?

Rapiido

Reading through the discovery thread....
This story sounds amazing
And the cutscnes oh maan i can't wait to see those.

jolteonjak

*swoons for Noland*
I'm sure you're working on it, and it might be difficult if you don't know Japanese; but I'm interested in knowing what the different shops in the towns are. To your knowledge, are the MTs the same as OR/AS?

Stormthefox

Eevee Trainer
Legendary and normal Pokemon location page please or where you get the orbs. Is Deerling only in Spring form?

Status
Not open for further replies.