• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Discussion of Serebii's Pokémon Super Mystery Dungeon Discoveries

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rakurai

So...are the level 5 dungeons exclusive to the Meowth Theater now or something?

It's been the norm to restrict some legendaries to those in past games, but I haven't seen any mention of that. The fact that the Arceus mission isn't max difficulty implies that there are still bigger challenges to be had, though.

R_N

Considering there's dungeons you unlock through passwords I guess that would have 10 star dungeons eventually

cassius335

Aura Trainer
If Arceus is only 8 star, 10 star would be terrifying...

Serebii/Joe, if you ever get to Arceus, could you make a screenshot of the battle with Arceus? I don't know, I really want to see that for some reason.

Rakurai

It doesn't seem like there's any proper DLC in the game, so I imagine it's just a matter of time before hackers crack into the game's coding and find the passwords for all of the dungeons.

Karxrida

Lost in the Waves
Alternatively, crack the passwords so we can get whatever we want with them using a generator. It's like cheating without having to use an Action Replay!

Rakurai

Passwords don't work that way in this game. They're pre-coded into the game like the Rumble World passwords. The lack of randomly generated missions also means no more generating passwords for easy missions with disproportionate item rewards.

Doesn't rule out the possibility of bad and/or lazy players using a generator for rescue mails again, though they specifically added the ability to rescue yourself so you didn't need to rely on other players.

On a side note, people who have to cheat at PMD are lame and should be properly ridiculed.

Last edited:

Navarch

I've been keeping up with the updates, and I haven't seen anything about Team Charm besides them being mentioned (I think? I'm not 100% sure). I hope one of the password dungeons has them as the bosses...they have the perfect opportunity to Mega Evolve all three of them.

Starly62518

I haven't seen this discussed anywhere on the main site, but when a Charizard or Mewtwo is Awakened, is it random which Mega Evolution you get, or can you choose your preference?

Rakurai

I've been keeping up with the updates, and I haven't seen anything about Team Charm besides them being mentioned (I think? I'm not 100% sure). I hope one of the password dungeons has them as the bosses...they have the perfect opportunity to Mega Evolve all three of them.

For the most part, every species of Pokemon on the Connection Orb that was a notable character in a past PMD game is that same individual.

Serebii/Joe, if you ever get to Arceus, could you make a screenshot of the battle with Arceus? I don't know, I really want to see that for some reason.

DSC_1823.jpg

For some reason this forum won't let me link to the source (which has more pictures) and only upload 1 image.
You don't battle him, he joins you automatically.
Apparently he's op.

Starly62518

For the most part, every species of Pokemon on the Connection Orb that was a notable character in a past PMD game is that same individual.

Do you happen to know anything about multiple Gardevoir (whether Gengar's partner is mentioned as well as Team Charm's Gardevoir) or Medicham (Team Meanies and Team Charm) or if they're considered the same Pokemon?

Rakurai

Are the team skills from GtI back?

I haven't been reading the discovery topic at all due to like 99% of the plot not being spoiler tagged, so I wouldn't know about this if it was mentioned.

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
Are the team skills from GtI back?

I haven't been reading the discovery topic at all due to like 99% of the plot not being spoiler tagged, so I wouldn't know about this if it was mentioned.

Not from what I have seen

Anybody recruit Kecleon?

All Pokémon are recruitable

I haven't seen this discussed anywhere on the main site, but when a Charizard or Mewtwo is Awakened, is it random which Mega Evolution you get, or can you choose your preference?

It is random

So...are the level 5 dungeons exclusive to the Meowth Theater now or something?

It's been the norm to restrict some legendaries to those in past games, but I haven't seen any mention of that. The fact that the Arceus mission isn't max difficulty implies that there are still bigger challenges to be had, though.

No, there are a few that exist in the game outside of that.

MandL27

PMD for new meta
Judging by how some of the Emeras have identical effects to GTI's Team Skills, I'd assume the latter is gone now. At least it makes preparing for dungeons more of a challenge now.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
It is random

That makes me sad. I don't want to get stuck as stupid Mega Charizard Y when X is so much cooler. Oh well...

On a less biased note, it makes it hard to decided whether you want to have a physical or special based moveset when playing as Charizard or Mewtwo. I guess you'll just have to use two of each or something like that.

Rakurai

Pokemon stats in PMD are seldom very accurate to the main games, so I'd assume their mega evolutions are the same.

Besides, it's like not like you'll be getting to use mega evolution that much considering that you're at the mercy of the RNG to be provided with an Awakening Imera.

Status
Not open for further replies.