• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Discussion of Serebii's Pokémon Super Mystery Dungeon Discoveries

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silversea

Serebii I hate to ask this but could you post a picture of said badge. I am curious to see what it looks like.

I expect it is like the badges in red and blue, which display on your save file.

theswweet

swweet is awesomme!
Not sure if this is the right thread to say this, but from what I've played - the 3 character limit for teams isn't an issue. Heck, in a story related dungeon mission you end up having a full team of 3 + 2 guests, so it's not like there is going to be an outright lack of Pokemon in the dungeons...

Uh, if you scroll on over to the PSMD Discovery thread on the first page, Serebii mentions how the game picked out his starters as Froakie and Squirtle. He didn't keep them but that proves mono teams is an option.

I don't think you can though. Look, this is how the character selection works.

You first do the quiz, and then you get to pick/get the main hero Pokemon. After you done that you pick/get your partner Pokemon. Both the main hero and partner are being chosen by quiz this time around which you can say no to and pick an other Pokemon.

What I assume is that Serebii got Squirtle as the main hero character because of how he answered the quiz. HOWEVER he said no to Squirtle and picked Charmander instead. What happens is that a place for a Water Pokemon opened after Serebii picked Charmander instead of Squirtle allowing the game to recommend Froakie. If Serebii went with Squirtle or any other Water Type starter, the game couldn't recommend Froakie because there is already a Water Pokemon in the team (that being Squrtile), and the game would have recommended an other Pokemon that's not a Water Type.

I hope you understand what I mean.

Last edited:

*IZ*

Not sure if this is the right thread to say this, but from what I've played - the 3 character limit for teams isn't an issue. Heck, in a story related dungeon mission you end up having a full team of 3 + 2 guests, so it's not like there is going to be an outright lack of Pokemon in the dungeons...
Yea that's never been an issue with me. In the other dungeon games I rarely used all 4 slots anyway.

LoveMcQueen5683

I don't think you can though. Look, this is how the character selection works.

You first do the quiz, and then you get to pick/get the main hero Pokemon. After you done that you pick/get your partner Pokemon. Both the main hero and partner are being chosen by quiz this time around which you can say no to and pick an other Pokemon.

What I assume is that Serebii got Squirtle as the main hero character because of how he answered the quiz. HOWEVER he said no to Squirtle and picked Charmander instead. What happens is that a place for a Water Pokemon opened after Serebii picked Charmander instead of Squirtle allowing the game to recommend Froakie. If Serebii went with Squirtle or any other Water Type starter, the game couldn't recommend Froakie because there is already a Water Pokemon in the team (that being Squrtile), and the game would have recommended an other Pokemon that's not a Water Type.

I hope you understand what I mean.

I do now.

I wish Serebii would have clarified better.

I guess Fennekin and Chikorita it is.

masterbreeder42

Beast Ball-catching Legend Wiz
Do Team Skills make a return in this game, or are we back to IQ Skills? If Team Skills make a return, do you get them from Kleflki opening treasure boxes?

MagicEspeon

P. F. Magician
Will Serebii be adding the stuff about the questionnaire any time soon or do they find it unnecessary because you can just pick your starter? ( I at least want to know the natures associated with each starter if those are still a thing)

MandL27

PMD for new meta
Will Serebii be adding the stuff about the questionnaire any time soon or do they find it unnecessary because you can just pick your starter? ( I at least want to know the natures associated with each starter if those are still a thing)

I think covering that was mentioned earlier, though I'd assume it'll wait until the English release so that we can get exactly what players will see.

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin

It's not a key aspect, but we are working on it. It and the item list will likely go up shortly after English launch.

blob

Will you add the Natures and Egg Moves for Starters first? They seem more needed that the questions you get given.

Navarch

I was looking at the starter moves, and it seems Piplup really got the short end of the stick. Mud-Slap? Really? They should have given him Icy Wind, it would have suited him more.

Creyk

Cyndaquil got the best moves. Ember AND double kick? That's some great coverage right there. Smokescreen is useful like always

Status
Not open for further replies.