• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Discussion of the Serebii.net Black & White Discovery Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tommyb2405

Where can I get more information on this.. sounds interesting enough.

the room where you get your C Gear... there is a second female in the room... ask her and she should tell you about it... i think anyway.

Skydra

In the discovery thread, Serebii says that an NPC on Route 9 confirms that EVs have an official name- Base Points. I cannot find said NPC. Is it possible that his/her dialogue was edited in the English version to not include the official name? Or am I missing something?
They could be in the mall on that route. I'd check, but I'm in the middle of Victory Road right now.

greyinferno

Acetrainer Grey
I recently discovered that the EXP gain has been altered in the 5th gen. I read that lower levelled pokemon will now gain more EXP for defeating an opponent than a higher levelled pokemon would gain for defeating the same opponent. (source: http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20100930153040AAUaeja )
I did my own research into this and after defeating Harlequin Jack's (first trainer in Castellia gym) lv 20 Sewaddle, my lv 22 Ferroseed gained 507 exp. After resetting and fighting the exact same pokemon again, this time using my lv 17 Pignite, only 435 exp was gained. This has lead me to believe that what I initially read was wrong as, although different amounts of experience was gained, it was assigned to the opposite pokemon to what I was expecting (more to the higher levelled, less to the lower). What I am requesting is that serebii.net admins look into this and produce a page detailing the new experience gain rules and possibly a mathematical equation explaining how the numbers are decided upon. My apologies if such a page already exists but after extensive searching on this and other websites, I have only managed to find minimal information regarding the subject. I also apologise if this has been posted in the wrong thread. I am somewhat of a first-timer posting in a non-trade related thread.

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
I recently discovered that the EXP gain has been altered in the 5th gen. I read that lower levelled pokemon will now gain more EXP for defeating an opponent than a higher levelled pokemon would gain for defeating the same opponent. (source: http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20100930153040AAUaeja )
I did my own research into this and after defeating Harlequin Jack's (first trainer in Castellia gym) lv 20 Sewaddle, my lv 22 Ferroseed gained 507 exp. After resetting and fighting the exact same pokemon again, this time using my lv 17 Pignite, only 435 exp was gained. This has lead me to believe that what I initially read was wrong as, although different amounts of experience was gained, it was assigned to the opposite pokemon to what I was expecting (more to the higher levelled, less to the lower). What I am requesting is that serebii.net admins look into this and produce a page detailing the new experience gain rules and possibly a mathematical equation explaining how the numbers are decided upon. My apologies if such a page already exists but after extensive searching on this and other websites, I have only managed to find minimal information regarding the subject. I also apologise if this has been posted in the wrong thread. I am somewhat of a first-timer posting in a non-trade related thread.

It is absolutely true.

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Experience#Gain_formula

.:Alex:.

In the discovery thread, Serebii says that an NPC on Route 9 confirms that EVs have an official name- Base Points. I cannot find said NPC. Is it possible that his/her dialogue was edited in the English version to not include the official name? Or am I missing something?

I talked to everyone, but no one mentions it.

Aegon

Is there some way to tell if a traded poke is legit or not?

There's no definite way, although you can check to see if the location, Pokéball caught in, OT and ID no., and attacks seem to be legit. A well-hacked Pokémon has no distinguishing features, so just have to put trust into the trader.

Icing Sugar

There's no definite way, although you can check to see if the location, Pokéball caught in, OT and ID no., and attacks seem to be legit. A well-hacked Pokémon has no distinguishing features, so just have to put trust into the trader.
Thanks man, just realized this wasn't the right thread to ask that xD

DoubleJG3288

ポケモンはすごい!!
Random weather effects in certain cities and routes make the game feel even more realistic than it already was with the moving vehicles and hustling, bustling towns.

pampam88

Pokenerd/Animenerd=D
I just LOVE the pokemon musical. I like it almost as much as pokemon contests, and more than pokethlon.

Falconx03

Legendary
Random weather effects in certain cities and routes make the game feel even more realistic than it already was with the moving vehicles and hustling, bustling towns.

I noticed that as well. My first time visiting Mistralton City(Airport/Flying Type Gym) it was sunny but now when I visit that city it is raining. This particular weather change may be possible due to the Thunderus trigger in the route north of Mistralton.

In the Challengers Cave, their are items that can be found using the Dowsing Machine while the Pokearth page does not list any Dowsing Machine items. The items I took note of and that I remembered:

B2F: Full Restore, Max Ether, Rare Candy, Heart Scale and there was one more item but I forget which one it was

B1F: I found two items but don't remember what they were

1F: No items at all

Aegon

I noticed that as well. My first time visiting Mistralton City(Airport/Flying Type Gym) it was sunny but now when I visit that city it is raining. This particular weather change may be possible due to the Thunderus trigger in the route north of Mistralton.

In the Challengers Cave, their are items that can be found using the Dowsing Machine while the Pokearth page does not list any Dowsing Machine items. The items I took note of and that I remembered:

B2F: Full Restore, Max Ether, Rare Candy, Heart Scale and there was one more item but I forget which one it was

B1F: I found two items but don't remember what they were

1F: No items at all

It's raining for me in Mistralton City, and I haven't activated the event. It just happens sometimes.

There are definitely items on the first floor of Chargestone Cave; I remember picking up an Elixir and a Max Potion. I think there was a Parlyz Heal and a Revive on B1F.

Ultimate Glalie

I discovered that no dw pokemon in the 5th gen are released,anyone encountered them by surprise?
The overworld sprites for the 5th Gen Pokemon are not programmed into Black/White. Therefore, it will never be possible to send 5th Gen Pokemon from the Dream World to Black/White, hence why none have been released.

Colonel

Beginning Trainer
I walked over the Marvelous Bridge, the 3 Shadow Triade members stop you and say that Ghetsis left them. And that they are loyal to Ghetsis because he saved their life or something.
The 3 then give you the Adamant, Lustrous and Griseous orbs.
They say Ghetsis wanted to use them for something but then wants you to have it. Hinting that he might be using/manipulating you to use the orbs somehow.

So, is Dialga/Palkia/Girantina hidden in this game???
Or is this a hint to a possible scenario in a 3rd version???

Status
Not open for further replies.