• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Discussion of the Serebii.net Black & White Discovery Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ultimate Glalie

I walked over the Marvelous Bridge, the 3 Shadow Triade members stop you and say that Ghetsis left them. And that they are loyal to Ghetsis because he saved their life or something.
The 3 then give you the Adamant, Lustrous and Griseous orbs.
They say Ghetsis wanted to use them for something but then wants you to have it. Hinting that he might be using/manipulating you to use the orbs somehow.

So, is Dialga/Palkia/Girantina hidden in this game???
Or is this a hint to a possible scenario in a 3rd version???
They're just given to you because there's no other way to obtain them in the 5th Generation. Dialga/Palkia/Giratina are not hidden in the game, but if you were to transfer, let's say, a Giratina from DPPtHGSS to B/W you would want to be able to change it into its Origin Forme.

Falconx03

Legendary
There are definitely items on the first floor of Chargestone Cave; I remember picking up an Elixir and a Max Potion. I think there was a Parlyz Heal and a Revive on B1F.

No, I said Challengers Cave. That page doesn't list any Dowsing Machine findable items even though I found some in there. Just pointing out that there are some and listed what I remember finding in there.

joey10584

Pokerus?

This pokerus has me confused. Someone told me that you still get the double EV points even after its gone. Is this true? I also heard that it last 24 hours. Now is that game hours or real hours? Please someone help me.

Ultimate Glalie

This pokerus has me confused. Someone told me that you still get the double EV points even after its gone. Is this true? I also heard that it last 24 hours. Now is that game hours or real hours? Please someone help me.
It is true that you still get double the normal amount of Effort Points after Pokerus has disappeared. And the Pokerus will always disappear at 12 AM.

Last edited:

Rakurai

It is true that you still get double the normal amount of Effort Points after Pokerus has disappeared. And the Pokerus lasts for 24 real hours, which is the same as 24 game hours (or 24 hours on the DS's clock if you prefer).

The Pokerus actually disappears whenever it hits 12 AM.

Ultimate Glalie

Who else has noticed that you can catch Reshiram/Zekrom in a regular pokeball?
You can catch any Pokemon in a regular Poke Ball. Reshiram/Zekrom just have very high capture rates so it is easier to capture them in regular Poke Balls than it is to catch any other legendary with regular Poke Balls.

Lone_Nightingale

Pokemon Breeder
That is interesting though. Most people would naturally throw their better stash at them. I'm totally going to try to get my Reshiram in a premier ball.

Missingno. Master

Poison-type Trainer
OK, there was talk on Bulbagarden the other day. It seems that an English-language Cofagrigus can't be traded over the GTS without a nickname due to the censor system. I just tried this out today, and interestingly, got the same response as when I previously tried to trade a perfectly normal Skuntank and Marshtomp;

"That Pokémon may not be offered for trade (13267)!"

This solves that mystery, the censor system is stopping me from trading my Skuntank over the GTS. Same with Marshtomp. And neither of them are nicknamed, either.

Lucario11

Aura Guardian
That's because since you're forced to capture it in order to progress the game, it doesn't make sense to make R@m difficult to catch.

At what point did I say it didn't make sense?

Blazios

OK, there was talk on Bulbagarden the other day. It seems that an English-language Cofagrigus can't be traded over the GTS without a nickname due to the censor system. I just tried this out today, and interestingly, got the same response as when I previously tried to trade a perfectly normal Skuntank and Marshtomp;

"That Pokémon may not be offered for trade (13267)!"

This solves that mystery, the censor system is stopping me from trading my Skuntank over the GTS. Same with Marshtomp. And neither of them are nicknamed, either.

Well, I can see potential swears in the names Skuntank and Marshtomp...

Oh, and it was discussed here first, BTW.

Besides, somebody emailed TCPi and they confirmed it.

Porygandrew

At what point did I say it didn't make sense?

lol, you misread me. I didn't say you don't make sense. I mean that - for the storyline to progress - making the catch rate of something like the r@ms super low and difficult to catch, doesn't make a whole lot of sense. I think they started changing this with Diamond/Pearl since I think Kyogre/Groudon still have really low catch rates.

Hejiru

Rev up those fryers
Well, I can see potential swears in the names Skuntank and Marshtomp...

Oh, and it was discussed here first, BTW.

Besides, somebody emailed TCPi and they confirmed it.

OK, I see the one in Skuntank, but what's wrong with Marshtomp?

This is really stupid....

Charoshi

Charmander is best
OK, I see the one in Skuntank, but what's wrong with Marshtomp?

This is really stupid....

I think it might be the sht right in the middle, but that's the only think I've noticed. I really hope Nintendo does something about this stupid filter thing over GTS, I'm fine with it in game, but to keep perfectly normal, non nicknamed pokemon that they in fact named is ridiculous.

Status
Not open for further replies.