• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Discussion of the Serebii.net Black & White Discovery Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

R_N

So why weren’t the Striaton City gym leaders at N’s castle when the rest of the gym leaders came to your aid?

They were there, they are the shadow triad.

Bianca says after the credits that she went to get them, but they arrived too late to show up during the big event.

Hejiru

Rev up those fryers
So why weren’t the Striaton City gym leaders at N’s castle when the rest of the gym leaders came to your aid?

They were there, they are the shadow triad.

Wait, really? O_O
Is this true, or just a fan theory?

Seem

Hollen i ven.
Fan Theory, but it kinda makes sense.

Too bad the Shadow Triad are really derpy and don't do anything.

You: *walks and sees a Ghetis sprite at the edge of the screen*

Shadow Triad: *pops up* "Follow us!" *automatically walks you the last 5 steps to Ghetis*.

Really stupid.

I even feel a little sorry for them.

DarumakkaImposter

Fan Theory, but it kinda makes sense.

Too bad the Shadow Triad are really derpy and don't do anything.

You: *walks and sees a Ghetis sprite at the edge of the screen*

Shadow Triad: *pops up* "Follow us!" *automatically walks you the last 5 steps to Ghetis*.

Really stupid.

couldnt hthey have gotten us at the middle of the bridge and at least transport us to Ghetsis?

Aegon

What kind of pokemon would the have used in battle?

Zoroark, definitely. Maybe Liepard, Beheeyem, Chandelure and Bisharp. They could have used the Simis, considering there's three. Although they're way overused. Why does nearly every Ranger have to have one?

macaro1

Pokemon Collector
i did a step count of the skyarrow bridge and the unconfirmed amount of steps that goes one is 390 steps and a complete lap is 780 steps. just to let you guys know

Grey Wind

Zoroark, definitely. Maybe Liepard, Beheeyem, Chandelure and Bisharp. They could have used the Simis, considering there's three. Although they're way overused. Why does nearly every Ranger have to have one?
I know I hate the Simis...there EVERYWHERE. If Plasma succeeded there'ed be a lot of homeless monkeys...

Falconx03

Legendary
Critical Capture does not guarantee a capture. I have had ten(10) critical captures and four(4) out of the ten(10) times, the Pokemon still jumped out of the ball. It was even a Quick Ball too on the very first turn.

R_N

The way Criticals work, as I understand it, is that it only "rolls" once (maybe twice?). Normal captures need to "roll" the right numbers(Below a certain number I think) 4 times.
So a Critical Capture has a greatly increased chance of capture but can still fail on anything.

Falconx03

Legendary
which pokemon?

I don't remember but they weren't rare or anything. I was just catching Pokemon to fill up my Pokedex.

The way Criticals work, as I understand it, is that it only "rolls" once (maybe twice?). Normal captures need to "roll" the right numbers(Below a certain number I think) 4 times.
So a Critical Capture has a greatly increased chance of capture but can still fail on anything.

I knew they could fail but I didn't think it would fail as often as it did, especially on not so rare Pokemon. A regular capture pulls Pokemon in and then rolls three times and captures(if it captures). A critical capture will pull the Pokemon in and then shake before falling to the ground and then shake once and either catch or fail.

Csully44

Ok at marvelous bridge his girl appeared and just dissapeared the guy next to her started freaking out so is this like the old chateau ghosts

Csully44

Can someone explain what it does

Rakurai

Absolutely nothing. She's just there for flavor, just like the Old Chateau ghosts.

The old lady in the bridge's eastern gate has a little something to say regarding the mysterious girl if you talk to her immediately after a sighting.

ZeoViolet

Serebii team--

I hope I am posting in the right area. I rarely post here, although I visit the website nearly every day.

I cannot find mention of it anywhere so I was hoping you'd check out something I noticed; so subtle it's no small wonder I can't find it. I hope it is not my ears tricking me.

Sometimes when throwing a pokeball, I hear a rather different sound effect. The pokeball only rocks once and the pokemon is captured, no matter the ball. It took a while for me to notice it, but when I did, it seemed that when I heard this sound effect, then capture of the pokemon was a sure thing. It's never varied, so I wondered if it was some subtle "lucky shot" effect. Does anyone know anything about this?

Status
Not open for further replies.