• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Discussion of the Serebii.net Black & White Discovery Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pikasaur

Lazy Summer
no auto on the shoes? does that mean its gonna be like the bike and be equipped to the Y button or something?

Im confused what no auto means.

Oshakpop

Eeveelution Master
I loved the auto-feature of the running shoes! Oh well... Lets hope we get pictures soon!

KingMinun

Dawn/Sinnoh Fan!
Yay, I loved watching this back when HGSS was released. And DR Who references makes it even better. (Makes me proud to see my country's prized program referenced to on the internet, no not england or Great Britain. I mean Wales!)

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
No Auto on the Running Shoes is a bit disappointing. And apparently we cannot trade until we've obtained that C-Gear function? Well hopefully it'll be obtained pretty early on so that we can trade quickly. These games look pretty hard already.

pkfan

loving the 3DS...
no people, in heartgold and soulsilver you could just press the touch screen button and you would "run" automatically without the use of the b button, now you cannot automatically run, and that sucks.. but oh well..

cranberries

The running shoes have to be set up like the bikes?

No, he means that you have to hold "B" to run, like s/r/e.

Zabi

Not really here.
And apparently we cannot trade until we've obtained that C-Gear function? Well hopefully it'll be obtained pretty early on so that we can trade quickly. These games look pretty hard already.

Coronis said we get it after the first gym. You usually can't trade till after the first gym anyways, yeah?

cranberries

Coronis said we get it after the first gym. You usually can't trade till after the first gym anyways, yeah?

No, I remember trading after I got the pokedex in my pt, It was at least before the first gym. So this is a little later, But I won't complain about it.

Zabi

Not really here.
No, I remember trading after I got the pokedex in my pt, It was at least before the first gym. So this is a little later, But I won't complain about it.

Well, we couldn't use Wifi for trading till after the first gym in D/P/Pt.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.

No. In HG/SS you can trade right after you get the PokeDex which is before you even get to a Gym. This new Black and White rule is a tad bit disappointing but hopefully I can get over it.

Gaiash

Champion Scientist
How long before info like changes in the EV system ( i heard it connected to happiness now) or what serebii thinks of the dream world system?
Yes! Someone else is interested in the Dream World. I've been trying to talk about the Dream World for ages and everyone just ignores me. The Dream World starters are the thing that I'm most curious about at the moment.

cranberries

Could be right, I have 2 ds's, so I traded from D to Pt directly, so you're probally right.

KingMinun

Dawn/Sinnoh Fan!

Yeah but that's not the same as trading between 2 ds' in the same room. That saddens me actually. I love doing that at the start of the game. Now I have to beat the 1st gym before I can do it.

Grassmen

Novice Breeder
Great that Serebii has the game. Can't wait for all this in-depth coverage :D

Shame about the running shoes though, it was one of the most convenient features of HGSS for me - my thumb would often hurt if I held 'B' too long.

I also "have the game", and I can attest the battles are delightfully quicker now.

No he isn't, he has the actual game.

He "got the game" the very same moment the you-know-what became available for download. He did the same with HGSS, he even had problem with the anti-piracy thingies.

Not that I have any problem with it. He does need to start his coverage as soon as possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.