• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Discussion of the Serebii.net Black & White Discovery Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chimchar15

Serebii I know that you're busy but I must know, what happens with the champion? I know if you face the league right now they couldn't have power-up yet as they don't power up until Adeku becomes champion again. So either we face the elite four again and then face Belle or we just get to go straight to her since we did defeat the elite four. Then afterwards is when they got stronger.

Edit: Just saw that you're taking a well deserved break. You've earned it man.

Last edited:

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
I didn't understand who's the actual champion - Adeku or Belle?

However, I wonder if now new sprites will come with the old pokemon getting to appear. Maybe they'll still be using Sinnoh's.

Tabby Catty

Courtney loves Ruby
Wow... just wow... those screenshots are simply epic...

Still, some questions:

Who are the Dark Trinity? What do they look like?

What is the purpose of those two girls? Why do they want to heal you if they are so bad? I mean, I guess N healed you because he wanted to be chivalrous, but I still don't understand those girls.

Ryuu-Anima

Sera Kureseria
Hm... I was wondering who in Arceus's name the Dark Trinity were, too... I was just over at PLDH.net, and... they have the opening up... it's epic.

Serebii, thanks for posting all this info! (pity about the whole 'being up for 40 someodd hours' thing, though...)

The plot whispers we get from Serebii ARE a little confusing, but that's to be expected. Huzzah for plot!

Tabby Catty

Courtney loves Ruby
Yeah, once the English translation comes, everything will fall into place, that's what happened with Diamond and Pearl and it'll happen with Black and White!

D*N

Musical Star
I read the pokebeach news, and things become clear.( not full, but more)
The dark trinity are people with black outfits and white hair.
I gues team plasma members..
The Saga's are commanders but don't battle you, only doing the missions and then disappear.
Somebody asked their only 6 saga's on the picture, that's because Geeshu is also a saga.
so that makes 7.
I think Belle is the champion when you come their, but goes home and Adeku comes back as champion.

Swizzy

so let me get this clear, if i have lets say pkmn black N is going to have Reshiram and zekrom will appear from the orb and i have to catch it? o_O im not quite understanding this. but the point im trying to get at is if we can catch both reshiram and zekrom in one game? :D

StrongBad456

Beginning Trainer
so let me get this clear, if i have lets say pkmn black N is going to have Reshiram and zekrom will appear from the orb and i have to catch it? o_O im not quite understanding this. but the point im trying to get at is if we can catch both reshiram and zekrom in one game? :D

No, you can only get 1 of them. In Black you get Reshiram and in White you get Zekrom.

D*N

Musical Star

Black has Reshiram on it's cover-> that's the legend your gonna catch.
So N is getting Zekrom.

In White you het Zekrom and N get's Reshiram.

Keeper of the Aura

Darkrai = Best PKMN
Stuck on Aloe, since I don't know Japanese and you have to answer questions. Does anybody know what answers you're supposed to pick, cause I'm good as done 'till Spring if I can't answer these questions. ):

Satoshi 91

Hmm a lot of these Ruby Sapphire references in the game sure are similar to the references we found in Diamond and Pearl for Gold and Silver. Another topic for another time but would any potential remakes be on the DS? Even a third version for the DS seems unlikely, surely the DS' lifespan is over soon, especially with the 3DS on the way. Will have to see how this unfolds. I still think Black and WHite should have been held off for a year and released on the 3DS, but this is going off topic.

On topic: The changes that have been made in the Pokemon formula are really great and I'm pleased to see a surprise twist to the end of the game. I can see why they scored so highly with critics such as Famitsu. I just hope there are even more surprises along the way, and am holidng out hope for a classic Red/Blue tribute seeing as the Kanto Champion music has been leaked.

Chimchar15

Stuck on Aloe, since I don't know Japanese and you have to answer questions. Does anybody know what answers you're supposed to pick, cause I'm good as done 'till Spring if I can't answer these questions. ):

Here's some help from pokejungle:

Aloe’s Gym puzzle is kinda tough if you don’t read Japanese. Go the first shelf on the left, select the first option, then click the screens. Next shelf to go to is the second on the left (directly behind the first) and select the first option. After that’s done go up to the girl at the last shelf on the left and she will battle you. After she will step aside and you can read the book (first option) then go to the first shelf on the right, select first option. After that go to the girl on the right and she’ll battle you… beat her and she’ll step aside and the shelf will slide open to reveal a staircase to Aloe!

Flygon5

フライゴン

If nobody else knows yet, I'm in the 2nd gym city, I was training but I can go and fight the gym leaders and find out the answers and post them here.

Edit: Well there you go, I don't want to look at that yet though, because I want to see if I can do it before looking, haha.

Aurath8

I think it's better that the elite 4 is level wise a follow up after the gyms.
In most games you have to train for a long time after the 8th gym before facing the league.
But now it fits perfectly.

Five levels in Platinum isn't going to take you ages. I like that we get a free lucky egg as well. Should we ever need to train it will be a piece of cake.

Keeper of the Aura

Darkrai = Best PKMN
Thanks, both of you guys. Yay now I'm not stuck! Hooray!

I now have three out of six sprites! Just Baokki, Daikenki and Denchura left!

I just want these games now.

The Elite four is a realy nice twist, looks like I'll need Flying, Fighting, Bug and Dark Pokemon mainly! That Will mean Kokoromori, Roopushin, Denchura and Warubiaru will be my most-used pokes. I think Warubiaru will be my most used Poke full stop, especially seeing as he can learn Outrage AND Earthquake. That's a powerful moveset already. Mix in a good Physical Dark move like Crunch and Sandstorm perhaps and he will be a BEAST. Calling him Alistair (Ali- Alligator).
My second strongest I predict will be Roopushin, who I'll call Rudolf or Pillar (Rudolf is the Red Nosed Reindeer, pillar cos that's what's in his hands). Give him Stone Edge, Superpower, Focus punch and Hammer Arm/Rock Slide and he will also be really powerful.
After that, probably Daikenki, my starter. Give him Hydro Pump/Surf, Shell Blade, Sword Dance and Megahorn. Simple, pure gold moveset. Calling this dude Otto.
Kokoromori next. Calling mine Chiro (Chiroptera, the scientific name for bats). Psychic, Air Slash, Fly and Endeavour. That's a good Moveset too. There is likely to be plenty of TMS he can learn too, and I'm hoping on another Good Psychic move and another Good Flying move to replace Endeavour and Fly.
Next, onto Denchura. Calling mine Sparky or Arachne. Thunder (There's GOT to be Thunder as a TM, no?), Discharge, Bug Buzz and Signal Beam.
Finally, my Baokki. I still have yet to decide If I'm going for a different Pokemon here, because I don't like the moves it has available. I know we are likely to receive new moves, but of the known moves it has, only one can be Fire. I don't like that, but what can you do? Anyway, I hope he can learn Flamethrower at least. in this case, He will have Fire Blast, Flamethrower, and I'm working on the rest. It's a shame, I really like his design, but his moveset is shockingly bad.

Anyway, really early I know, but what I would like to see:
A GOOD Collosseum/PBR follow up, with an actual story. Something of a mix between to two. I think that although good, the Collosseum storyline WAS a LITTLE dark, and PBR was rubbish. So a light-hearted, good graphics game with a good storyline would make me really happy.
A new Mystery Dungeon game. This is and always have been since the first one of these games' release, my favourite type of Pokemon game. I've re-started my game in EOt 4 times, and it still hasn't lost its charm for me. I'd love to see all the new fantastic Pokemon in this format, we need them desperatley.
Ruby/Sapphire remakes. Needed in my opinion. I would love to see following Pokemon again, and seeing as they are re-introducing Dive, it makes sense. These were my favourite Gen in the past, and probably still are, as they were the first games I played properly from the series. I desperately want new sprites for all my Hoeen Pokemon. Oh, and Gamefreak? Make them look good please.
Pokemon Gray should also have following Pokemon, but of course, an option to turn them on/off. That is all I will say on THAT matter, other than "I'm going to LOVE using the Dragon/Ice...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.