• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Discussion of the Serebii.net Black & White Discovery Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
oh no, I know ninty will find a way like the one from B/W to stablish communications with B/W and the 3DS games...
(unless the want to loose millions of fans, like me)

I highly doubt you would stop purchasing Pokemon games for such a trivial reason. If you would then you're no fan at all.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Meraruba egg on Route 18 eh. I guess it means that both members of it's species are obtained via a special way since this one is obtained via egg and it's evolved form is found as a level 70 stationary Pokemon. I guess it's a good thing that it's evolved form is found in the wild since it means we don't have to evolve the hatched Meraruba from scratch. I'll have to remember to pick the egg up sometime when I'm done with the main game.

KickAsh

halted development
His music sounds rather tribal or country-ish. IMO, it's not exactly anything elegantly powerful or champion-esque? IDK, I just find it kind of weird.
Oh, it's not elegant or powerful at all (sort of like Adeku himself, bleh). And I know I just said I want suave champions. But this music is just too good.
It is very tribal. It's like Indian...maybe Arabic...?

abgar

Fufufufu
Oh, it's not elegant or powerful at all (sort of like Adeku himself, bleh). And I know I just said I want suave champions. But this music is just too good.

i think it has a celtic-ish feeling actually, but thats just me.

Cobalt_Latios

On the topic of transferring to Black and White, anyone think that someone is randomly going to find another working cloning glitch similar to the one found in Emerald in say... Platinum?

I'm only asking because that sort of convenience was quite the blessing, and to be honest I'm not sure if I'd be willing to transfer some of the legendaries from my D/Pt games.

C_L

KickAsh

halted development
i think it has a celtic-ish feeling actually, but thats just me.
I see where you get that. I don't think it is derivative of any one culture, it seems to blend elements of several different culture's music. And tosses in a little circus theme.

BCVM22

Man I hate gamefreak for making me wait 6 months before these games reach the U.S.

Disregarding the fact that Game Freak has no hand in any of the localization worldwide, six months is more than reasonable. We did discuss everything they have to accomplish in that period, didn't we?

Would you prefer they go back to the full year it took them to localize Gold and Silver?

Stormthefox

Eevee Trainer
lol yeah curse em. Anyways its going to be more of a challege to raise pokemon in the games might make it more fun too. Cause some of them evolve at higher levels.

Isis-sama

It's not a big deal to me since I usually wait several months after a game comes out to buy it. In any case, it's not like there'll be much new in regards to actual gameplay, and everything else can be found online.

Jinn

I like his before battle theme too, but I feel like the actual champion battle theme is lacking. It's... really too cheerful? But yeah it doesn't sound threatening at all.

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
On the topic of transferring to Black and White, anyone think that someone is randomly going to find another working cloning glitch similar to the one found in Emerald in say... Platinum?

I'm only asking because that sort of convenience was quite the blessing, and to be honest I'm not sure if I'd be willing to transfer some of the legendaries from my D/Pt games.

C_L

GTS cloning glitch...?

abgar

Fufufufu
see it this way, youll have 6 months to spoil yourself about the game!

KickAsh

halted development
I like his before battle theme too, but I feel like the actual champion battle theme is lacking. It's... really too cheerful? But yeah it doesn't sound threatening at all.
It's not at all like "Get ready to battle the most powerful trainer in the region". It's more like "Get up and dance!"

Korobooshi Kojiro

Funnnngaaaaa
Okay, good.

There so short as it is (wish they could go back to the ones in RS, they were pretty decent length), it'd suck if they only did one this go around.

Status
Not open for further replies.