• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Discussion of the Serebii.net Black & White Discovery Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

pkfan

loving the 3DS...
IDK if you knew this alredy.. but the functions to "fix" and make effects on the cries of pokemon on the pokedex dessapeared... not very inportant.. but it was fun to modify the cries XD

Chris-kun

i still believe
The climax should be the hardest part of the game. Not the easiest. In our day as younguns we played games that were far more difficult than Pokemon could ever hope to be, and everyone got by just fine.

They've never required the capture of a Pokemon to progress the story before. Of course they're gonna make it easier than a normal legendary.

R_N

About Reshiram/Zekrom's catch rate, I understand, but I find it silly to increase it to 45. Palkia/Dialga were really easy to catch, even with Heal Balls and such.

She's shown some legs before, in Platinum. But besides that, she's always "floating" for some reason. I find it to be quite dumb, as her B/W sprite clearly should show her "feet".

Maybe it was an anime-only thing?
Features like that are generally part of the Pokemon's design. Darkrai's feet are presumably part of its design, it just never shows up in the game for some reason. It's also presumably what leaves his footprint in the Pokedex.

It's like how Musharna will probably always be sleeping, but they designed its HELL SPAWN form regardless.
gobacktobedmusharna.png

pkfan

loving the 3DS...
IDK if you knew this alredy.. but the functions to "fix" and make effects on the cries of pokemon on the pokedex dessapeared... not very inportant.. but it was fun to modify the cries XD

Features like that are generally part of the Pokemon's design. Darkrai's feet are presumably part of its design, it just never shows up in the game for some reason. It's also presumably what leaves his footprint in the Pokedex.

It's like how Musharna will probably always be sleeping, but they designed its HELL SPAWN form regardless.
gobacktobedmusharna.png

Makes sense.

But did you really have to remind me of Musharna? I mean, the bugger has Telepathy as its ability. It's almost as its eyes were piercing my mind, aaaaaaaaah

pkfan

loving the 3DS...
& 100% official :D

AND WILL PROBABLY BE IN THE ANIME LIKE THAT :D :D

may be as a possesed pokemon or something like that? my... how diabollic can musharna be..

CyndaquilRules

gobacktobedmusharna.png

Darkrai looks horrible with legs. Curse you Anime.

TrainerGreen

Gym Leader
hey, what teh heck is up with the pink train? is it just me, or do these engineers have some attitude to em?

and aside from leveling poke to 50 for evolution/dex, and finding the roamer, ive got nothing to do until i learn japanses or someone figures out where to get the rest of the TMs. there wasnt enough to explore in this game.

BCVM22

ive got nothing to do until i learn japanses. there wasnt enough to explore in this game.

That you wasted your money ordering a game you can't understand and are now lacking for material to explore because of that barrier does not at all equate to the game "not having enough to explore".

TrainerGreen

Gym Leader
There only some aspects of it I can't understand, all pertaining to collecting the monsters and the TMs.

I was merely trying to explain that the game lacks content as I patiently wait to figure out how to complete stated statement. D/P/Pl at least had the underground cave where I could find useful items and fossils.

but i guess if you want to be a buttmunch you can.

Last edited:

BCVM22

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
gobacktobedmusharna.png

*Looks at Musharna, screeches loudly, vomits, then faints*

It's an ugly mother-trucker for sure but at least they went ahead and gave it an awake-form for other media like the anime and manga adaptations of Pokemon Black and White. I applaud whoever it was who thought ahead enough to suggest giving Musharna this look and not just it's generic sleep-form. Speaking of Musharna; it's possibly the worst Pokemon I've discovered ingame. It seems to take me 5-7 attacks to get it to faint, and that's usually with Dark-type moves :s

Sabonea_Masukippa

The little bugger has a cloud of smoke coming out of it in most art; I do hope you understand, socially and culturally, why they didn't give it half-open eyes.

Especially with fan-art already depicting Jiheddo as a stoner anyway. And Zuruzukin as a street punk.

R_N

Especially with fan-art already depicting Jiheddo as a stoner anyway. And Zuruzukin as a street punk.

There's no way Zuruzukin isn't literally based on a street punk.

He has baggy pants, a mohawk, and when it evolves some of his shed skin becomes a hoodie.

Sabonea_Masukippa

There's no way Zuruzukin isn't literally based on a street punk.

He has baggy pants, a mohawk, and when it evolves some of his shed skin becomes a hoodie.

Well I'm not going to argue that it's not based off a punk/shedding lizard, but so much fan art of him has him next to a boom box with a cig in mouth that my brain shuts that part down and I just see a lizard.

Clay Psyduck

Dynamax Luigi
Honestly do we even need the masterballs? Legendaries aren't that hard to catch people. Yeah some are annoying I get it. Catching Latias in Heartgold was a b*tch for me but I still did it. What's the fun in getting them so easily. I haven't used a masterball since like 3rd gen.

Same here. I haven't used a Master Ball since Sapphire, but I like collecting them.

And roaming Pokemon just kept increasing after Sapphire, too. x_x

I like to keep all of my Master Balls from the games, just as a souvenir. And sort of like an "I didn't have to resort to this" kind of thing. It's annoying to the collector part of me. Just like Spiky Eared Pichu and Flying/Surfing Pikachu. They aren't very useful, but it's part of my collection.

There only some aspects of it I can't understand, all pertaining to collecting the monsters and the TMs.

I was merely trying to explain that the game lacks content as I patiently wait to figure out how to complete stated statement. D/P/Pl at least had the underground cave where I could find useful items and fossils.

but i guess if you want to be a buttmunch you can.

I don't know why you'd need to understand things 'pertaining to collecting the monsters' when there are guides and Pokedexes online everywhere.

As for 'lacking content'. Have you done the Musicals? The Battle Subway? Beaten the bonus trainers? Caught all of the new Pokemon? There's plenty to do, none of which require you to learn Japanese.

Status
Not open for further replies.