• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Discussion of the Serebii.net Black & White Discovery Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

CyndaquilRules

I'm just getting both Black and White. :D

Yeah it's weird Genosect doesn't have an overworld sprite while the other two event legendaries do.

What I wonder is how exactly you get them. Shocked no one has been able to hack the actual event items even though the games have been out for more than a week now.

lindsy95

FC: 4428-2451-8791
You bring Genesect in your party to the specified location, the event - which involves a Plasma scientist detailing the project to you - goes on, you battle the Plasma scientist for the items that change Techno Buster's type, ballgame over. Easily doable without ever needing to see Genesect as an overworld sprite.

Er... by Event I thought people meant like arceus, you capture with a special ticket, I wasn't talking about Genosect activating an event on it's own.

Granted, I have no Idea what the text dump said. I'm in the dark now.
>.<

BCVM22

Er... by Event I thought people meant like arceus, you capture with a special ticket, I wasn't talking about Genosect activating an event on it's own.

Granted, I have no Idea what the text dump said. I'm in the dark now.
>.<

People have dissected the game fairly extensively by this point. Victini appears to be the only one with an event activation item, i.e. there don't appear to be event activation items for Merry Melody (the singer/dancer, I haven't memorized the romanization yet), Kerudia and Genesect, which would lead me to believe they're all direct download in-store or by Wi-Fi.

The text dump as it pertains to the event Pokémon can be found in the Discovery thread; I believe it's post #233.

Grei

not the color
People have dissected the game fairly extensively by this point. Victini appears to be the only one with an event activation item, i.e. there don't appear to be event activation items for Merry Melody (the singer/dancer, I haven't memorized the romanization yet), Kerudia and Genesect, which would lead me to believe they're all direct download in-store or by Wi-Fi.

The text dump as it pertains to the event Pokémon can be found in the Discovery thread; I believe it's post #233.

Kerudia doesn't have an item to activate the event, but you need the three musketeers in your party in order to get Kerudia, apparently. It's some sort of download you get, and that makes Kerudia available (with the help of the three musketeers).

I believe Melodia and Genosect are just direct downloads, though.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Kerudia doesn't have an item to activate the event, but you need the three musketeers in your party in order to get Kerudia, apparently. It's some sort of download you get, and that makes Kerudia available (with the help of the three musketeers).

I believe Melodia and Genosect are just direct downloads, though.

OMG what? So then Kerudia is similar to Ho-Oh from Pokemon Crystal, in the sense that in order to obtain it, you have to have registered the three members of the trio it rules over in the PokeDex. That's ridiculous. I liked that event Pokemon were obtainable without too many prerequisites in Generation 4 but things look to be different in Generation 5 now. At least Meloia and Genesect are "normal".

BCVM22

but you need the three musketeers in your party in order to get Kerudia, apparently.

=The Discovery thread here says that you bring Kerudio plus the musketeer quadrupeds to a designated spot and the event begins, and says nothing that would seem to indicate you aren't simply handed Kerudio in a download.

Does your information say differently?

Last edited:

Aquanova

Im kinda sad that the Liberty Ticket is the only event item, Catching Victini was hard, but i like to work for my Pokemon, i hope this doesent mean they are phasing out event items

Kokoromori

Isshu's got issues
Kinda sucks that Genesect doesn't have an overworld sprite. It seems like it would had gotten some more back story if it was an item activated event.
Or whatever.
It doesn't really matter, really. It's a game.

As for the which version to get conversation:
If there is so much confusion of what to get, then get both. I'm getting Black in Japanese and White in English.
That is...if I can find time after a-school to get it.

Last edited:

BCVM22

It seems like it would had gotten some more back story if it was an item activated event.

Between its Pokédex entries and what we learn about it from its event, which is a fair bit, it gets plenty of backstory.

Last edited:

Grei

not the color
=The Discovery thread here says that you bring Kerudio plus the musketeer quadrupeds to a designated spot and the event begins, and says nothing that would seem to indicate you aren't simply handed Kerudio in a download.

Does your information say differently?

Oh, I guess I misread that. My bad.

But that's strange... you get an Event Pokemon and then enter an event? What could the Event be for? Just backstory on the Three Musketeers, or...?

BCVM22

http://www.serebiiforums.com/showpost.php?p=11642133&postcount=233

Coronis said:
Thanks to Kein and Veekun who extracted the text dump of BW, there are a few interesting things found (partly covered by Kein already).

1) Meloetta's usual forme is called the Voice Forme while the red one is called the Step Forme. From the text, it seems that when you bring Meloetta (presumbly distributed in future movies) to the Cafe in Hiun City, it will trigger an event from the guitarist. He will offer to teach your Meloetta the move 'Ancient Song'. With this move, Meloetta will be able to switch between its 2 formes. Whether this works like a field-move or in-battle way, I have no idea.

Some 'background' on Meloetta according to the guitarist's speech, I'm quoting him directly.

"Beautiful melodies will bring people happiness while sad ones will bring people down. That is the power of a melody. The scent of luck that breezes around you has made me remember this melody from the depths of my memory. This is a song that my mother loves... an ancient nostalgia... please listen to it. From what my mother told me, a Pokemon who played the melody danced its light steps to fill people's hearts. However, when the world was drowned in sorrow, this Pokemon lost its melody, and the 'Red Shoes' were also gone... When you walked through that door, I remembered this melody. The Pokemon started dancing its steps to its lost melody again. You brought in this, you are an amazing kid."

2) Keludio was raised by the 'musketeer' trio when it became an orphan due to an forest fire in the past. The in-game event a Keludio triggers apparently involves you bringing all three members of the trio with you, and together they will teach Keludio the move 'Secret Sword', normally not learnable in-game.

3) Genosect was supposed to be revived from a fossil and powered up by Team Plasma to create the most powerful Pokemon ever. However, N despised of the project because he felt that any Pokemon tampered with science has lost its pureness, which was why the project was abandoned. But the scientist kept working on it, and he's still upset that N denied of his talent. Anyway, beating the Scientist will let you get the Cassettes to change its move's type.

Clamps

Warning: Jokes!
By the way, Is there anything in these games hinting an R/S/E Remake?

Since there's probably just as much "evidence" hinting for a Pt remake than an RS remake, what with Cynthia, Caitlin and Looker being in BW, it would probably be a nice, safe call to say anything mentioning Hoenn or the events of Gen III is just a reference.

Status
Not open for further replies.