• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Discussion of the Serebii.net Black & White Discovery Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grei

not the color
Well, I imagine Black City AND White Forest will be in the third version. Separate locations or one location (a city overrun by large trees? A huge forest that has structures and buildings built amongst the trees?), either way.

I could almost see that last one--a sort of city-forest hybrid--in the 3rd installment. A mash-up of the two, as it's own location: Forest City or some more clever name.

I could see Adeku not being the Champion and having Shaga/Iris proceed to Champion state, like in Emerald with Wallace and Steven. If Adeku stayed Champion, perhaps the last Gym would become a double battle Gym, or Shaga will go off to train somewhere and leave Iris to run the Gym.

And I imagine N will take control of Reshiram and Zekrom, which will trigger a response in Kyurem and makes it change forme into it's "former glory" (assuming that exists). Then, you'll be forced to fight both Zekrom and Reshiram, whom N owns. Or maybe something different, since that's incredibly similar to Platinum.

Lord_Kain

Just call me Kain
you guys really dont get it do you? never mind. just go back to talking about timelines.

CyndaquilRules

In all three cases, the similarities are incidental.

Similarly, Mamanbou has a different gender ratio to Luvdisc (50/50 for Mamanbou, 25/75 for Luvdisc), and in this case Luvdisc is only in egg group Water 2, whereas Mamanbou is in both Water 1 and Water 2.

Marill says hi when it comes to the gender thing.

And I'm sure plenty of pokemon gain additional egg groups once they evolve.

Sabonea_Masukippa

you guys really dont get it do you? never mind. just go back to talking about timelines.

No, I get it now. Gamefreak is lazy and are re-using ideas. And instead of giving us crap like Baffaron they should be giving us the uber maxtreme dolphin/peacock/toucan/hammerhead-shark/wallaby hybrid design they obviously have hidden in a vault and refuse to release to the public. It's just totally unfair. I mean how dare they give us another bovine (that's not even related to the one we already have) when we don't get a dolphin. Not cool.

/sarcasm.

As for your post, how delightfully patronizing.

If you're unwilling/incapable of articulating your points for us to "get" then that's fine, whatever. Same games if you're unwilling/incapable of responding to others.
Don't pretend that your ideas are beyond the comprehension ability of the other posters, please.

Lord_Kain

Just call me Kain
they should be making everything new and different. these people are extremely creative, theres so much more they couldve though of. they could at least make them look different. koromori and zubat are both bats sure, but they look nothing like each other. but look at those 4, theres no doubt they recycled tauros and luvdisc. theres no argument against it, theyre the same friggin thing.

if you want to do that fine, thats what evolution is for, but dont try to pass them off as completely new pokemon seperate from others.

we do need a dolphin and an entire shark, yes.

"so much hate...

Is there any story with the 'Aliens'?"

hate? no. its a forum, its just pretend hate.

you mean these guys?

605.png
606.png

theyre both called brain pokemon, so i dunno if theyre really aliens. could be really smart aliens.

Last edited:

Ememew

Emerald Mew
I was actually thinking there might be a new location altogether in place of Black City/White forest for the 3rd game, but a hybrid area seems likely.

As for the 8th Gym, I think the "double battle" option would be best. But who knows? They could even decide to base it on trainer ID (if even number, fight Shaga, if odd fight Iris)! That last idea is mostly a joke, though.

As for the last battle with N, I'm not sure if they would pit you (and Kyurem) against both Reshiram and Zekrom in the same battle. Remember, this is the first game in which you fight a trainer with a Legendary Pokemon (not counting the lesser legendaries like Regice that pop up in the Battle Frontiers), so they may want to take it slow instead of having a trainer fight you with TWO legendary dragons at once.

RedMage23

The Red Mage
I mean how dare they give us another bovine (that's not even related to the one we already have) when we don't get a dolphin. Not cool.

We're never getting a Dolphin Pokemon. Why? Don't you know? The Japanese hate dolphins.

south-park-feat.jpg

Dolphins are responsible for A-Bombing

Lord_Kain

Just call me Kain
what sources? does it say stuff about others as well?

it could be a zombie dolphin, with a cleaver in its face. besides, didnt the kids clear that up? everybody knows it was actually cow and chicken.

Last edited:
from what sources say, their based on Alien Grey or Rosswell, (iirc both American Alien scandalls)

I don't get where you're getting "scandal" from. There was nothing scandalous about the incident. And "Alien Grey" isn't a thing. Greys are just a term used to describe the big-headed aliens that became ever so popular in the public mindset after Roswell.

The alien's Pokedex entry says something like "It happened 50 years ago in the dessert. No one has seen this pokemon since."

Which is referring to the Roswell incident in New Mexico in the 50's. Some people claimed that they saw a flying saucer crash into the dessert, and some even claimed they saw alien bodies.

The military was brought in to clean up the mess and question people. They eventually proclaimed that it was merely a weather balloon, but others were convinced that it was an alien craft and the bodies and parts were taken to Area 51 for examination.

The pokemon are a nice nod to some American history and pop culture. :)

Last edited:

Cobalt_Latios

It's a discus fish and most probably the species used as a basis for Luvdisc's design.
Explains why I didn't recognize it.

And I imagine N will take control of Reshiram and Zekrom, which will trigger a response in Kyurem and makes it change forme into it's "former glory" (assuming that exists). Then, you'll be forced to fight both Zekrom and Reshiram, whom N owns. Or maybe something different, since that's incredibly similar to Platinum.
Better, and it expands something else:

After gaining control of Reshiram and Zekrom, Geechis pushes N aside and basically takes over from there claiming he now has the power to rule Isshu, Kyurem appears in the proposed "new" forme, you catch it, and then you and N proceed to double battle against Geechis.

What do you think?

C_L

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
I agree with everything you said. Just with the fighting trio, I agree that it's possible they'll be changed (trios have been changed twice before) but if they want to get around any potential confusion between them and the Eevee evolutions just call them Cobalon, Terrakon, and Virizon and the problems solved. :)

Those sound like good names. I keep reading the last as "Verizon," however.

Of course, the original point is that it's not easy to see what the transliterated katakana is supposed to approximate if you're not used to it. Tornaeros's name transliterated is "Torunerosu," for instance, and for someone who only knows Germanic languages (like English) and/or Romantic languages (like French), they might see it as "toe-ROO-neh-ROW-soo."

There was so much flaming going on here at Serebii a few years back with DEE-a-ROO-gah and pah-ROO-kee-uh, for instance.

Well, it is what it is unfortunately. Hopefully they'll be able to lift the limitations eventually, but that's a long way off, if it ever comes. Game Freak is new at running this sort of feature and it's going to take time to get right.

Well, if Nintendo's servers didn't crash from Super Smash Bros. Brawl and Mario Kart Wii, then Game Freak will eventually find a way. Nintendo is going to help Game Freak as much as it can, I'd bet.

well then why can't they start making the games so that you can just select a language.....
and can't you romanize the japanese characters?
and even if not they could just do jap etc.......
they can code it to select diferent languages based on which you choose......

Romanize the Japanese characters? How in the world would that help you at all in knowing what people are saying? (On top of that, transliteration is also not an easy task, since Japanese characters can have entirely different pronunciations based on context.)

But now that I know this, I am interested to find out what happens to N. What region does he go to? What does he do there?
I hope he goes to Kanto and revives Team Rocket, although that seems unlikely because Team Rocket exploits Pokemon and N likes to think he protects them.

Chances are N will go and get himself involved in some other Pokémon game. Some people here are saying that it could be the later games in the generation. I'd say he'll show up in the 6th generation games.

Considering the amount of parents perfectly okay with buying their kids games rated M or 18+ I can't imagine one little death would make a difference.

It will. All it takes is one highly militant parent. Nintendo has an image to keep of being the family-friendly company and the brain behind the Wii. While death may be a concept fine in its darker series like Metroid or Legend of Zelda, Pokémon is one of their most lighthearted properties.

Companies like Rockstar and Bungie are able to get away with it because their marketing clearly shows that they don't make games for kids. Nintendo has to tread carefully because this is a franchise that shares its profits with a kids' show.

you mean these guys?

605.png
606.png

theyre both called brain pokemon, so i dunno if theyre really aliens. could be really smart aliens.

Bulbapedia dissected Ohbem's name to "oh" meaning "big" and "bem" meaning "bug-eyed monster," used to describe a lot of B-movie alien invaders.

Rigray's and Ohbem's moves strongly suggest aliens of the 1950s Martian sort anyway. With Egg Moves like Disable, Teleport, Astonish, and Skill Swap; level-up moves like Simple Beam, Miracle Eye, Wonder Room, and Psybeam; and the possible abilities Synchronize, Telepathy, and Analyze, what else could they be?

Not to mention they're right next to Shinpora, another Pokémon with an otherworldly appearance.

Ohbem is my 2nd-favorite Psychic-type this generation, by the way. Would've made this team if Rankles wasn't already in it.

Chimecho3000

And I'm sure plenty of pokemon gain additional egg groups once they evolve.

Not true.

Nidoran F goes from Ground egg group to no egg group when it evolves, but that's it. No Pokes gain an egg group though.

Clay Psyduck

Dynamax Luigi
Those sound like good names. I keep reading the last as "Verizon," however.

It will. All it takes is one highly militant parent. Nintendo has an image to keep of being the family-friendly company and the brain behind the Wii. While death may be a concept fine in its darker series like Metroid or Legend of Zelda, Pokémon is one of their most lighthearted properties.

1. I think that whenever people write the name as Verizion, but I initially saw it as Viridion or whatever, which makes far more sense with Cobalon.

2. Considering Disney has no problem killing people. I mean, I remember Mufasa dying in Lion King as a kid. I don't know why this should be an issue now. D:

You're complaining about different species looking similar. Pokemon are based (mostly) on animals, and get this, a lot of animals look the same.

Do I think it's lame that Luvdisc and NotLuvdisc look the same? Yes. That's my only real problem. Really, if they made it a different color (which I think you suggested), this would've been less of an issue.

But I found Gen.3's copypasta of some old Pokemon (like Spheal) to be far more annoying than any of the instances in Gen.5.

Insidious_Dreamer

Dreams = Reality
@ Sabonea_Masukippa: Sorry my simple question escalated so rapidly. You have quite clearly put it on the map that they aren't and probably won't be ever related to each other. Cheers.

Aielyn

Not true.

Nidoran F goes from Ground egg group to no egg group when it evolves, but that's it. No Pokes gain an egg group though.

Well, technically the baby pokemon all have no egg group, and when they evolve they gain egg groups.

But of course, in both cases, it's purely a technicality, because they're in the egg group, but are unable to breed.

Personally, I'd love to see a few inter-group pokemon. I'd also love to see a modification to the game so that, if Smeargle knows Transform, it can breed with anything that is breedable (and if you breed with a genderless or male-only species, there could even be legitimate egg moves for those species) - same would apply for Mew, if it knows Transform.

Here's a fun thought to go with that idea - sketch as an egg move on Luvdisc. That way, Luvdisc would be able to learn exactly one move of the player's choice that isn't in its normal moveset. Since it wouldn't be a tutor or level move, it would actually be limited to that one move.

Anyway, back to the topic - that the gender ratios don't match wasn't meant to be proof, just evidence supporting the idea. In combination with the other factor (egg group or experience growth rate), it's fairly strong evidence.

So, Meloetta has to use a damn special attack to transform into a... physical-oriented pokémon?

Yeah guys, I sure don't know what's wrong with this.

GladiariaAlata

Fortree Aerial Acer
inorant is the nicer phrase.

What were Cheren and Belle's goals anyways?
Cheren wanted to be strong and become the Champion, as he believed being the Champion would become the proof of his being.

Belle wanted to explore what she can and what she wants to do, because she has been (unwillingly) sheltered by her father all her life.

Additionally, the reason why these two + the protagonist were able to go on a journey is because their mothers wanted their kids to see the world, so they visit Prof. Araragi and asked her to entrust her pokedex/starters to the kids, giving them a reason to travel.

>>Ophie: Let's ignore the kid whining for a quick translated version. Obviously he just can't understand the hard work/procedure needed for translating a game. It doesn't worth the effort explaining to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.