• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Discussion of the Serebii.net Black & White Discovery Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

raz1337

Miju Miju!
I noticed people don't talk about the Regis in B/W, or pokemon like them. In order to obtain them, many websites have assumed you have the movie Regigigas. That's hardly feasible considering its rarity due to being an event. The more feasible way of obtaining them is through Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald. They are only available in RSE or through the Regigigas event. This make them incredibly rare in B/W given the lack of a Pal Park.

It seems people are only going to be getting them by either A) Playing R/S/E on their DS, then Pal Parking to DPPt then Pokeshifting to B/W b) Trading from someone who has them in DPPt or B/W or c) Using the Regigigas event in Platinum and pokeshifting.

I mean, this could allude to an RSE remake, but...yeah.

Hmm. Maybe I should read further. The Pokedex says they're in the dream world.

More likley than not it's your internet, becuase I've gone through that isshu before, where to some it's way to fast, others it's way to slow, and for others still it's just right. I think it hassmthing to do with the Browser your using, along with other techno thingies.

Yeah, I opened the page on Firefox and some were even faster, while others got a bit slower and Chillarmy... well, was still the same. Weird.

Clamps

Warning: Jokes!
I noticed people don't talk about the Regis in B/W, or pokemon like them. In order to obtain them, many websites have assumed you have the movie Regigigas. That's hardly feasible considering its rarity due to being an event. The more feasible way of obtaining them is through Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald. They are only available in RSE or through the Regigigas event. This make them incredibly rare in B/W given the lack of a Pal Park.

It seems people are only going to be getting them by either A) Playing R/S/E on their DS, then Pal Parking to DPPt then Pokeshifting to B/W b) Trading from someone who has them in DPPt or B/W or c) Using the Regigigas event in Platinum and pokeshifting.

Everything is in dream world. EVERYTHING. It's not called dream world for nothing, you know.

R_N

Everything is in dream world. EVERYTHING. It's not called dream world for nothing, you know.

I still hope that Arceus wins that What Pokemon You Want To See poll

Poor guy probably won't see his Azure Flute be released, so it'd be nice to get a non-level 100 one.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Did Arceus get a dream world ability? (Not that it matters)

No it didn't unfortunately, it still has same old Multitype. I guess they thought Arceus should have that ability and not any others so it's type could change to counter any battle it fought in the games or something. Some of the major Legendaries from older games didn't get a Dream World ability either.

Last edited:

R_N

so we have a bunch of Pressure Pokemon still?

ungh The legendary Birds would've rocked with Ice Body, Motor Drive, and Flash Fire.

Articuno got Snow Cloak, Zapdos got Lightning Rod, Moltres got Flame Body.
Mewtwo got Tension

Raikou got Volt Absorb, Entei Flash Fire, Suicune Water Absorb
Ho-Oh gets Regeneration, Lugia gets Multi-Scale

Regirock gets Sturdy, Regice gets Ice Body, Registeel gets Light Metal

Dialga, Palkia, & Giratina get Telepathy. Heatran gets Flame Body

The first two wind Raijinns get Competitive Spirit, Landros gets Encourage

so....

Giovanni

Long lost trainer

imo the regis are the rarest trio to obtain without the use of action replay. your point of view is correct, they only can be captured in a game boy advanced game or to activate the event regigigas in platinum. Imagine you sold your DS for a DSI, you cant play game boy advance games anymore lol. But since D/P has come, they can be founded in the gts, and I wanna know how they will be found in dream world.

R_N

imo the regis are the rarest trio to obtain without the use of action replay. your point of view is correct, they only can be captured in a game boy advanced game or to activate the event regigigas in platinum. Imagine you sold your DS for a DSI, you cant play game boy advance games anymore lol. But since D/P has come, they can be founded in the gts, and I wanna know how they will be found in dream world.

If the other ways of sending out rare pokemon are any indication, you will be given a password, then go through a maze in Dream World, and then you get your Pokemon.

Clamps

I still hope that Arceus wins that What Pokemon You Want To See poll

Poor guy probably won't see his Azure Flute be released, so it'd be nice to get a non-level 100 one.

Personally, I'm hoping for Torchic, just so we can get a legit Speed Boost Blaziken that much quicker. :3

Clamps

I thought it was legendaries and starters?

R_N

What kinds of Pokemon can you catch in the dream world?

AS has been said several times before and could be seen just from observing how people have been reacting since Serebii updated with the dream ability list at the very least.

All of them. You can get all of them. All the Pokemon. All of them.

So Summer just came up for me in my game of Pokemon White. I've explored half of the routes and didn't discover anything specifically different about them. Kind of underwhelmed. I'm guessing Winter is when the environments REALLY start to change. I was also hoping to encounter different pre-Gen V Pokemon too due to the season change but nothing really seems to have changed. Serebii, PLEASE prove me wrong.

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
No, it is Hatooboo. In fact, there are a few mistakes in Serebii's dex (he did them himself I believe and he's human)

For example (correct names on the right):

Jaroda --> Jarooda/Jarorda
Boappu --> Baoppu
Shinpora --> Shimboraa (Possibly romanized as Symbolar)
Kapurumo --> Kaburumo
Shanderaa --> Shandera

Also, even if it was Hatoopoo the pronounciation would be closer to poe than a reference to fecal matter.

There are more as well.

Haderia --> Haaderia
Hahakurimo --> Hahakomori

And until very recently, Monmon --> Monmen, which is odd because Serebii got it right the first time.

In addition, Bulbapedia calls Doredia as Doreida.

No it didn't unfortunately, it still has same old Multitype. I guess they thought Arceus should have that ability and not any others so it's type could change to counter any battle it fought in the games or something. Some of the major Legendaries from older games didn't get a Dream World ability either.

Castform didn't get a new ability either. Then again. Castform's ability is the forefront of why it even exists.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
So Summer just came up for me in my game of Pokemon White. I've explored half of the routes and didn't discover anything specifically different about them. Kind of underwhelmed. I'm guessing Winter is when the environments REALLY start to change. I was also hoping to encounter different pre-Gen V Pokemon too due to the season change but nothing really seems to have changed. Serebii, PLEASE prove me wrong.

Yeah, Winter is really when new areas of Isshu start to open up. I've already played in Winter and apart from the snow in certain cities, you get to access some new areas like the area above Sekka Gym and parts of Sekka City that are otherwise unaccessible. I was disappointed to see that the only change in Route 1 was some withered plants. I was hoping for snow there too since that route got petals and flowers in the Spring :[

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod

Well Arceus' gimmick is that it can change to any type. Giving it a new ability kind of ruins that.

LimeStar

Jaroda --> Jarooda/Jarorda (ジャローダ)
Boappu --> Baoppu (バオップ)
Shinpora --> Shimboraa (シンボラー) *Shinboraa could also be correct*
Kapurumo --> Kaburumo (カブルモ)
Haderia --> Haaderia (ハーデリア)
Hahakurimo --> Hahakomori (ハハコモリ)
*Shinboraa could also be correct

And to add to this:

Yanakki --> Yanakii (ヤナッキー)
Baokki --> Baokii (バオッキー)
Hiyakki --> Hiyakii (ヒヤッキー)