• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Discussion of the Serebii.net Black & White Discovery Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
I think it is a glitch, it should unlock the ones for Rotom and Munchlax, not Froslass and Garchomp. It's not a coincidence that they're both 1 number below the Pokemon you receive in trade

R_N

You had better not be finishing that thought process with "specifically 5th gen Pokemon"

nekoakuma

Event Hunter
I think it is a glitch, it should unlock the ones for Rotom and Munchlax, not Froslass and Garchomp. It's not a coincidence that they're both 1 number below the Pokemon you receive in trade

Didn't notice they were 1 down from the trades... hm..

Well then, we just have to wait for the English version to see if it unlocks Garchomp or Munchlax.

---

Nope, seems like a bug.

NPCとポケモン交換すると韓国語版のガブリアスとユキメノコが図鑑に載るバグ

これは製作側のミスっぽいですね

and some other site (forgot the link) put it down to a programming error, something along the lines of a counting error, starting at 0 instead of one or something. (never studied programming but you get the idea.)

0 -> 445 = Garchomp
1 -> 446 = Munchlax

Last edited:

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Well then, we just have to wait for the English version to see if it unlocks Garchomp or Munchlax.

I don't think we need to wait until next year. I'm pretty sure that if it is a glitch in the games, Game Freak will notice soon enough and fix their mistake so that it doesn't affect the international versions of Black and White. That's one good thing about Japan getting the games before the rest of the world; most of the glitches encountered in them get fixed before the games make it overseas. It was the case with one of the PMD games and with D/P, so it would probably happen with B/W :]

Rakurai

I'm still puzzled by how Black City and White Forest work.

Last week, my forest shrank, but I was able to get it back to normal by finding someone to talk to in my brother's Black City. His city also shrank, but he fixed it just as I did.

However, it happened again today, but this time, there were no people to be found anywhere. I had been fulfilling the old man's daily Pokemon request consistently, as well, so that evidently doesn't have any bearing on whether or not the forest shrinks.

Last edited:

CJ0114

The Electric Trainer
So I noticed that the Seal Case doesn't appear in the key items list for BW. I take it, seals aren't in this game?

I was wondering, how do trainer rematches work in BW?

myriada

So I noticed that the Seal Case doesn't appear in the key items list for BW. I take it, seals aren't in this game?

I was wondering, how do trainer rematches work in BW?
No Seals as far as I can tell.
Trainer rematches... in some places, there are trainers you can battle once each day. And there's the Elite 4. And that's it.

Luxrayess

Sound(?) asleep...
Hey, Serebii Joe!

You forgot some details on the sexual dimorphism gender differences for Shinx and Luxio. You caught the mane "hair" length, but look at the back feet: Female Shinx have little blue "slippers" on their back feet, while the males' back feet are solid. Also, female Luxio have longer blue "boots" on their back feet compared to the males.

Serebii

Staff member
Admin
Hey, Serebii Joe!

You forgot some details on the sexual dimorphism gender differences for Shinx and Luxio. You caught the mane "hair" length, but look at the back feet: Female Shinx have little blue "slippers" on their back feet, while the males' back feet are solid. Also, female Luxio have longer blue "boots" on their back feet compared to the males.
Ah. Thanks :)

Serebii

Staff member
Admin
Hey, Serebii Joe!

Ah. Thanks :)

Luxrayess

Sound(?) asleep...
Nitpicking again, but the Male Blaziken's comb (those pointy "horns" at the top) is also slightly taller than the female's.

nekoakuma

Event Hunter
Didn't see it on the Subway Page. Just the BP rewards info.

http://www23.atwiki.jp/pkmnbw/pages/81.html

Also, it seems a bit misleading on the page. Should make it more clear that the Subway masters appear once on each line. (It looks like it appears on 21/48 streak on one train, when its 21 on normal, then 48 on super.

Also has the items you earn after certain rounds by talking to the people on the platform.

Eg:

Super Single
21連勝後の駅にいる画家から「ポイントアップ」がもらえる。 | PP Up from the Painter after 21 streak.
28連勝後の駅にいるエリートトレーナー♀から「ふしぎなあめ」がもらえる。| Rare Candy from Elite Trainer F after 28 streak.
48連勝後サブウェイマスターと戦闘、勝利すると30BP | Subway Master, win for 30BP
105連勝後の駅にいるサラリーマンから「サンのみ」がもらえる | San-Berry from Salary Man after 105 streak. (Too lazy to check english name atm.)
203連勝後の駅にいるエリートトレーナー♀から「スターのみ」がもらえる | Star-berry from Elite Trainer F at 203 streak. (Staf/Stafy berry or something I think it was.)

Status
Not open for further replies.