• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Discussion of the Serebii.net Black & White Discovery Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedMage23

The Red Mage
Fuuro sure is sexy. Yakon looks like an oil tycoon.

Aurath8

Yakon looks like he has an Iphone. And he is very fat too. Too fat...

I still don't understand Fuuro's clothes. She takes the time to wear gloves but wears no belly. As well as her 'hair barrette', she's a frickin' plane.

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
Well, I wondered what happened during the 3rd and 4th generations, when people eagerly anticipated direct digital images rather than scans. Did they get released somewhere official as soon as their guides came out? I never paid attention to the methodology people used to get the official Sugimori art for previous games.

And as regards to Fuuro, there's really only one word for it: "fanservice." I presume she's supposed to look like a pilot, but she looks more like a stripper to me.

nekoakuma

Event Hunter
(quick copy and paste from my posts at another forum)

Sorry if this is old news, haven't been to the DW recently.

It's from 9th Nov.

-You need a sleeping Pokemon to access the DW.
--If you try to access the DW without a sleeping Pokemon it will give you a large message and won't let you in.

The message reads as follows:

It seems the Pokemon isn't dreaming yet.
If you don't have a Pokemon sleeping, please put one to sleep via the game sync.

If you already have a Pokemon sleeping, it may take some time before they dream. Please wait a while and try access the DW again later.

If you have already woken up your Pokemon and finished your DW session, please wake it up via Game Sync.

I'm guessing this is due to people who visited the DW without a Pokemon sleeping and were unable to fully enjoy the full extent of the DW.

The 1-hour limit still applies however.

Also, not too sure with the taking time to dream, as I just put my mewtwo to sleep and I can go straight in. It wouldn't let me in til I put somehting to sleep though.

--

Crap, must've missed something when I read the messages.

Looks like its ONCE A DAY now.

ie; Before you could go in to the DW, logout, and keep using it until the hour was up.
NOW it ends once you log out of the DW, just showing you that you have 23 hours left before you can access it again.

Just wasted my day in there today. =='

Dizzee

For those who doesn't know yet.
It is now possible to fully EV train a lv 100 pokémon through battling.
The additional stat boosts from EV's are now immediately added after the battle ends not when you level up.

Last edited:

Ultimate Glalie

The additional stat boosts from EV's are now immediately added after the battle ends not when you level up.
I noticed this while battling with my Lv. 100 Sazandora. I'm glad it was implemented. I have quite a few Lv. 100's that I want to re-EV train.

Arande

You can still go into the DW after you log out, you just have to put another one to sleep. The putting 1 poke to sleep a day limit is just that. Waking a poke up that's already been asleep does not affect that limit.

...Least I was still able to do that yesterday.

The issue about EVing 100s was that a poke only gains EVs when it gains XP. Not that it had to level to get the stats. (you could put a poke in the box that gained EV's, but didn't gain a level to get the stats.

Still the feathers though. Tedious to collect 252 of em :p

edit: was about to test this with the DW arceus anyways. So they changed the EV gain to at all, not just XP? yays. Shame there's no -EV berries yet XD

Last edited:

Dizzee

You can still go into the DW after you log out, you just have to put another one to sleep. The putting 1 poke to sleep a day limit is just that. Waking a poke up that's already been asleep does not affect that limit.

...Least I was still able to do that yesterday.

The issue about EVing 100s was that a poke only gains EVs when it gains XP. Not that it had to level to get the stats. (you could put a poke in the box that gained EV's, but didn't gain a level to get the stats.

Still the feathers though. Tedious to collect 252 of em :p

edit: was about to test this with the DW arceus anyways. So they changed the EV gain to at all, not just XP? yays. Shame there's no -EV berries yet XD

Yep, you can gain EV's without gaining the experience. Yay indeed. :)

Last edited:

Arande

Yep, you can gain EV's without gaining the experience. Yay indeed. :)

Well, they did change it. Caught the DW arceus that started at 247 sp att. Gave it a power lens, fought 3 battles, it's sp att was 250 from the +12 sp att EV's. So yes, you can EV lv 100s now.

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
Uh-oh. That's going to be trouble online...I know as a fact that legendary Pokémon are all over the place without rules. Heck, I saw an abundance of Arcei over PBR. Now we're going to see abundances of EV-trained Arcei.

If you can EV-train Level 100s though, that would be awesome. I could take my Level 100s from the 3rd-generation games currently hanging around in my Diamond version and fix them up to be usable.

R_N

Uh-oh. That's going to be trouble online...I know as a fact that legendary Pokémon are all over the place without rules. Heck, I saw an abundance of Arcei over PBR. Now we're going to see abundances of EV-trained Arcei.

If you can EV-train Level 100s though, that would be awesome. I could take my Level 100s from the 3rd-generation games currently hanging around in my Diamond version and fix them up to be usable.

If you stick to random, it shouldn't be a problem. Upper teir legends and event legends are banned.

PBR2 will be....interesting, though.

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
I see; that's why I never see the likes of Reshiram and Zekrom around.

Anyway, on the main site, it said something about heightened critical hit ratios. Where in the article does it say so?

Arande

He just updated that page with the new moves that have +crit stages on them, like drill liner

R_N

I see; that's why I never see the likes of Reshiram and Zekrom around.

Yeah, if I remember the exact list it's...
Mewtwo, Mew, Lugia, Ho-oh, Celebi, Kyogre, Groudon, Rayquaza, Jirachi, Deoxys, Dialga, Palkia, Giratina, Darkrai, Manaphy, Shaymin, Arceus, Phione probably, Reshiram, Zekrom, Victini, Keludia, Genesect, Meloetta.

Maybe Kyurem? I'm not sure. Potentially Soul Dew but I'm even less sure.

Also: Event berries. But those are probably because they're "unreleased"

Status
Not open for further replies.