• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Discussion of the Serebii.net Black & White Discovery Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Charoshi

Charmander is best
Indeed it is. Nintendo screws up, it screws some of us over, and the rest of us can just laugh. Until it happens to us, that is... -.-

Hejiru

Rev up those fryers
So just because Marshtomp has "sht" in it, it can't be traded? That's the stupidest thing I've ever heard. It's not even Marshitomp...

This is really over-anal obsessive of Nintendo. For god's sake, Shelmet is "shet" if we eliminate the middle 3 letters. Let's ban him too. -_-

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
So just because Marshtomp has "sht" in it, it can't be traded? That's the stupidest thing I've ever heard. It's not even Marshitomp...

This is really over-anal obsessive of Nintendo. For god's sake, Shelmet is "shet" if we eliminate the middle 3 letters. Let's ban him too. -_-

They're just covering their asses so that no parents come after them, things like that.

Following the website:
http://www.serebii.net/abilitydex/shadowtag.shtml
In-Depth Effect of Shadow Tag:
The opponent cannot run nor switch. If this pokemon switches, the opponent will remain trapped. The opponent may still switch by using baton pass.
Is there anything wrong here??

Last edited:
Following the website:
http://www.serebii.net/abilitydex/shadowtag.shtml
In-Depth Effect of Shadow Tag:
The opponent cannot run nor switch. If this pokemon switches, the opponent will remain trapped. The opponent may still switch by using baton pass.
Is there anything wrong here??

Not in the red bold part; if you face a Wobbuffet, you cannot run if it's wild, nor switch if it's a trainer battle.

R_N

It's...probably not a personal decision as it is the word filter being overly strong

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
If this is really happening it's incredibly dumb of Nintendo. I mean, all they need to do is check whether the nickname is an actual Pokemon name first, then if not run their profanity filter. But with actual profanity, not SHT.

Well, you know kids. Always trying to come up with 'creative' ways to curse. There's nothing wrong with filtering 'sht' just, as you said, don't do it if it's in a Pokemon's name.

Giovanni

Long lost trainer
guys is my pokemon black glitche, for some reason swagger can hit ghost types, is it a glitch or its normal?? cuz i dont recall swagger hitting ghost types,someone explain

Rakurai

guys is my pokemon black glitche, for some reason swagger can hit ghost types, is it a glitch or its normal?? cuz i dont recall swagger hitting ghost types,someone explain

Type immunities generally don't apply to moves that cause confusion, or alter stats.

Seem

Hollen i ven.

Swagger is not a physical or special attack, it's a status, which can hit ghosts. I'm pretty sure it's always been the case.

Sawsbuck

Eeveelution trainer
Well I wanna know why people hate Snivy I mean seriously, he is awsome I love him <3. I also wanna know why Sawbuck and Deerling have so many weaknesses they are awsome pokemon Really. I am gonna start as a girl I dunno why.

iPukeeCrystals

So why weren’t the Striaton City gym leaders at N’s castle when the rest of the gym leaders came to your aid?

They were there, they are the shadow triad.

Status
Not open for further replies.