• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Discussion on the current Pokemon Dub

Status
Not open for further replies.

Artherax123

Member Of SOVA
So I recently heard from an anonymous source that members of Bulbapedia/Serebii have close ties with staff of TPCi and have been lying and spreading false information on the anime dub of Pokemon,in return for the latest spoilers,information and news on the anime,movies,TCG etc. This is supposedly the reason behind no hate or opinion towards the TPCi dub.

Such members were the cause of the well known "Voice Over Switch" that caused PUSA to take over Pokemon's dubbing rights. A list of members associated with this task was recorded for future clarification as some fans of Pokemon have decided to question TPCi on this matter,which may mean trouble for Serebii and Bulbapedia in the future. Such members also treated "Maddie Blaustein" with disrespect which she did not deserve prior to the voice change years ago. And allowed other voice actors such as "James Carter Cathcart" and "Bill Rogers" onto the site to lie to longtime Pokemon fans and support their claims of a better dub.

Many concerns have been approached,the fact that Serebii and Bulbapedia both shut down threads concerning the dub (and anything against it) is leaning toward this news being true. It's also true that many who mention anything bad on the dub,either had their threads closed or were removed from the site. This would mean there is a conspiracy between these sites and they may be unsafe for future discussions. If the news is in fact "The truth", it could lead to further investigation and possibly the closure/shutting down of the sites.

While this is just a rumor so far, as long as Serebii and Bulbapedia allow threads on discussion against the dub or other opinions(since it is a discussion site and should not close threads that discuss the dub) than this matter will probably be forgotten about and referred to as just a rumor.

Is this true? Can someone verify this for me?
I've had my thread closed for no reason and that was about the dub so...Just wanna make sure it's not the case.

Hilda

I think that we should be able to discuss this without a problem too. The dub currently became extraordinarily bad. It's not even tolerable anymore.

There is a saying in my country that goes "he who tells the truth gets exiled from 9 villages".

Don't be surprised if this thread gets closed too dude.

Artherax123

Member Of SOVA
I think that we should be able to discuss this without a problem too. The dub currently became extraordinarily bad. It's not even tolerable anymore.

There is a saying in my country that goes "he who tells the truth gets exiled from 9 villages".

Don't be surprised if this thread gets closed too dude.

Thanks for the honest opinion Hilda.
And if this thread does get closed,that will just prove the rumor is indeed true.

Artherax123

Member Of SOVA

Lord Trollbias

Y'all Salty Bishes
*Generic Dub is Bad Thread #567 That Adds Nothing of Worth to Discussion*
Watch the sub FFS its what most people do. Dub threads got old and pointless a long time ago Dwail.

Artherax123

Member Of SOVA
Watch the sub FFS its what most people do. Dub threads got old and pointless a long time ago Dwail.

This is an important dub thread,i learned some facts and will be in discussion with Nintendo america abotu my findings.

I'm cataloguing your name down too since you show up a lot in these threads ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

Hilda

You don't have to join the conversation or even look at it if you don't like it. Is this offensive for you to give such a defensive reply?
There wouldn't be a Generic #exageration thread if they weren't shut down so fast. I'm asking you.

If there is a topic that is so important that it pushes people to create "567" (according to you) threads, then why isn't there a main one about it?

Artherax123

Member Of SOVA
You don't have to join the conversation or even look at it if you don't like it. Is this offensive for you to give such a defensive reply?
There wouldn't be a Generic #exageration thread if they weren't shut down so fast. I'm asking you.

If there is a topic that is so important that it pushes people to create "567" (according to you) threads, then why isn't there a main one about it?
I agree with Hilda. We as fans deserve the right to discuss our negativity of the new dub and it's problems.

phanpycross

God-king
ERROR ERROR LOGIC DETECTED. MUST RETURN TO TPCi HEADQUARTERS FOR FURTHER ANALYSIS.

DUB SUFFICIENT. CHANGE UNWARRENTED.

Artherax123

Member Of SOVA

OfCorsola

Brock and Misty!
My signature says it all.

Honestly, it's at the point where it's over. I mean, yes, I miss 4kids, they were much better and I do prefer it, but it's been YEARS now. This switch happened when I was a child and I'm an adult now, so the best thing is to get over it.

TPCi isn't my cup of tea, but after years of watching them...I've just gotten used to it, and I watch the newer episodes which is in japanese anyways.

Artherax123

Member Of SOVA
I don't want my kids watching a show by people who basically hate them and don't care about their feelings.

My signature says it all.

Honestly, it's at the point where it's over. I mean, yes, I miss 4kids, they were much better and I do prefer it, but it's been YEARS now. This switch happened when I was a child and I'm an adult now, so the best thing is to get over it.

TPCi isn't my cup of tea, but after years of watching them...I've just gotten used to it, and I watch the newer episodes which is in japanese anyways.

The Origins dub by SDI Media was FAR better than DuArt Film and Video's Anime dub, and that wasn't by 4Kids, so the quality CAN improve if the current TAJ/DuArt cast are removed from its production. We HAVE been watching the Japanese Version with English subs, and we're TIRED of seeing the dub suffer under TPCi's reign.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
If you hate the way the current dub is produced and directed then just don't support it, watch the original version and move on.

This doesn't warrant it's own thread.

People seem to forget that this dub is not made on a high budget..

Last edited:

Artherax123

Member Of SOVA
If you hate the way the current dub is produced and directed then just don't support it, watch the original version and move on.

This doesn't warrant it's own thread.

People seem to forget that this dub is not made on a high budget..

You admitted this is a fact, but with the millions TPCi makes in revenue, it SHOULD be better and produced on a higher budget

OfCorsola

Brock and Misty!
You admitted this is a fact, but with the millions TPCi makes in revenue, it SHOULD be better and produced on a higher budget

I do agree on that, Pokemon makes a lot of money and the dub quality does not match the production quality. I wonder why though :7

Artherax123

Member Of SOVA
I do agree on that, Pokemon makes a lot of money and the dub quality does not match the production quality. I wonder why though :7

good question.

Artherax123

Member Of SOVA
I'm waiting to see what Lisa does with the dub. Tom was horrible. Theresa was a step up.

Theresa was just as awful as tom if not worse to me and I doubt Lisa can save anything if 3 different voice directors before her couldn't- the problem is the crew, I'm sorry.
Also WHY should Lisa be allowed to come back and not Veronica, Rachael, Eric, and others? That's UNFAIR.

Status
Not open for further replies.