• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Discussion on the current Pokemon Dub

Status
Not open for further replies.

Artherax123

Member Of SOVA
Rachael only got a 3 part cameo role as Maylene and Shinx- I obviously meant as her main characters
and she hasn't been back since Season 11. Coincidence? I think not.

YourLieinEevee

What if TPCI just recorded in California or did what Origins did? Viz or maybe Aniplex would be interesting dubbing Pokemon, and Rachael and Veronica are out there.

Artherax123

Member Of SOVA
I agree it would probably be better but thing is,both Rachael Lillis and Stuart Zagnit returned to voice side characters but were not allowed to voice their own parts again.
For some reason,Lisa Ortiz who is also an original series regular,is allowed to voice direct the show but Veronica and the others are still not allowed back? As I sad before "It's unfair".

YourLieinEevee

That's likely just TPCI's doing. They probably felt that Veronica and Eric created bad PR or made them look bad. If TPCI ever loses it's license, let a California company get it.

All I want is dual-language DVDs and the freedom to watch the Japanese version legally. Aniplex would charge my whole wallet but I just want my Japanese Pokemon.

Artherax123

Member Of SOVA
That's likely just TPCI's doing. They probably felt that Veronica and Eric created bad PR or made them look bad. If TPCI ever loses it's license, let a California company get it.

All I want is dual-language DVDs and the freedom to watch the Japanese version legally. Aniplex would charge my whole wallet but I just want my Japanese Pokemon.

by that logic rachael and maddie as well as james cathcart plus bill rogers also created bad PR, yet Rachael and Maddie were allowed in bit cameo parts so yeah"

YourLieinEevee

Just repeating what I've heard. Obviously TPCI doesn't give a proper **** about the dub these days. All they want is the money. I wish they would release better quality DVDs. Did you buy the new movies 1-3 set? So much money for just three films with no extras. Luckily I still own my originals.

Artherax123

Member Of SOVA
Just repeating what I've heard. Obviously TPCI doesn't give a proper **** about the dub these days. All they want is the money. I wish they would release better quality DVDs. Did you buy the new movies 1-3 set? So much money for just three films with no extras. Luckily I still own my originals.

Agreed. I can't believe anyone is okay with this, honestly.

OfCorsola

Brock and Misty!
Theresa was just as awful as tom if not worse to me and I doubt Lisa can save anything if 3 different voice directors before her couldn't- the problem is the crew, I'm sorry.
Also WHY should Lisa be allowed to come back and not Veronica, Rachael, Eric, and others? That's UNFAIR.

While Rachel did not come back to reprise Jesse, she did come back to be a gym leader. So, I think that's what might be the game plan. The thing is Sarah, James, and Michelle have been voicing the characters for a very long time now. It would't make sense for them to give up their roles and give it back to the originals at this stage of the game.

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
The TPCi really doesn't care about the anime, seeing that (in the West at least) people see the anime as childish, overly repetitive, and possessing characters with less depth than a kiddy pool. It's no wonder their dub of the BW2 Trailer was much better. The effort is there, but not in the anime. But hey, this is my theory.

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
Oh yea, the great 4kidz dub where they censored a rice ball to a donut and the sandwich of course.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
The TPCi really doesn't care about the anime, seeing that (in the West at least) people see the anime as childish, overly repetitive, and possessing characters with less depth than a kiddy pool. It's no wonder their dub of the BW2 Trailer was much better. The effort is there, but not in the anime. But hey, this is my theory.

And they have no reason to care.

The only point to the anime is to promote the games, which in itself isn't really necessary (in the west) as the games sell themselves off name alone.

The overall quality doesn't matter much because their target audience is too young to have any sort of standards to even care about the blatant issues with the dub.

Could the dub do better? Absolutely! Is it as bad as some people have made it out to be? Not even close. It's terrible quality is really only super noticeable in filler and the movies.

OfCorsola

Brock and Misty!
And they have no reason to care.

The only point to the anime is to promote the games, which in itself isn't really necessary (in the west) as the games sell themselves off name alone.

The overall quality doesn't matter much because their target audience is too young to have any sort of standards to even care about the blatant issues with the dub.

Could the dub do better? Absolutely! Is it as bad as some people have made it out to be? Not even close. It's terrible quality is really only super noticeable in filler and the movies.

Well, obviously. I just think that if Funimation were to dub Pokemon (of course, they would use the same VA's, $5 that Papenbrook would voice Ash) but their over all quality will raise up. I could see the decrease of quality in the TPCi dub.

Also, the children would care, I know I did when I was a kid.

YourLieinEevee

While Rachel did not come back to reprise Jesse, she did come back to be a gym leader. So, I think that's what might be the game plan. The thing is Sarah, James, and Michelle have been voicing the characters for a very long time now. It would't make sense for them to give up their roles and give it back to the originals at this stage of the game.
Agreed. The original cast could always do cameos and new characters. I would give Misty back to Rachael though.

Artherax123

Member Of SOVA
Well, obviously. I just think that if Funimation were to dub Pokemon (of course, they would use the same VA's, $5 that Papenbrook would voice Ash) but their over all quality will raise up. I could see the decrease of quality in the TPCi dub.

Also, the children would care, I know I did when I was a kid.

There is no game plan. They forced Rachael out after Maylene (which I already mentioned), and as it was, it wasn't fair 8 years in to force Veronica, Eric, and Rachael along with others out. That was a very long time, too, but they did it despite that. So, what's the problem now? Nothing. It didn't make sense to force them out. It does make sense to want a change this time."

Agreed. The original cast could always do cameos and new characters. I would give Misty back to Rachael though.

That's a double standard given you'd let Rachael be Misty again, but no one else get their roles back?"

Times have changed, believe me when I say that.
They have every reason to care. As it's begun to show now they don't care to many about the quality of the dub, TPCi will begin to lose fans, thus revenue, thus money, thus a reason to seek more profit like any company would

Oh yea, the great 4kidz dub where they censored a rice ball to a donut and the sandwich of course.

And the great TPCi dub where they call apples 'berries' and peas as well as carrots 'veggies,' right? Not to mention 4Kids kept the riceballs in several times, too."

Last edited by a moderator:

OfCorsola

Brock and Misty!
I would give Misty back to Rachel too, considering the fact that Knotz only voiced her for one episode. I would also give Drew and Brock back to their respective actors too. But if it's the main characters that are still there today, then no.

Artherax123

Member Of SOVA
I would give Misty back to Rachel too, considering the fact that Knotz only voiced her for one episode. I would also give Drew and Brock back to their respective actors too. But if it's the main characters that are still there today, then no.

And why not? They deserve them back just as much as the others do. Time passing =/= not choosing the best actor/actress for the role getting said job back. And are you even aware of what Natochenny, Knotz, and Cathcart have said to various fans?"

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
They have every reason to care. As it's begun to show now they don't care to many about the quality of the dub, TPCi will begin to lose fans, thus revenue, thus money, thus a reason to seek more profit like any company would

This isn't Japan where they rely on the anime to do all their advertising. Everywhere else, they rely on Nintendo to do it because their marketing department knows how unpopular the anime is in the West.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free

Not at all true. The only fans they'll lose are the people who are way past the demographic, which happens to be the minority of the viewer base (in the dubs case).

So you have a mediocre dub and lose practically nothing from it.

YourLieinEevee

Misty has only returned once since the dub change ten years ago for that one special that was god awful. If Rachael can get any character back, at least let her have Misty is what I was saying. It's a bit more complicated with the other characters. Who would play Meowth?

(OfCorsola beat me to this but I agree with them)

Status
Not open for further replies.