• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Discussion Topic: Layouts

Sol

Bathing Ape
chaos on the internet said:
Anything that isn't 3 column with links on the left side and affiliates/topsites/other stuff nobody clicks on the right.

Lmfao. I whole-heartedly agree.

AgentChronon

I <3 Buoysel
Jetx said:
I like to go for a bright green type. Well a green that's light on the eyes. But i can't really to much about this as I am still struggling with HTML.

I agree. I like Serebii.net's layout, the Voice of the Forest layout on Dragon/Butterfree's site, the layout on MY site... and the standard Breloom Woods layout on Jetx's site.

The funny thing is I only like green in site layouts, no where else.

Faltzer

[Hold ALT+F4 ]
I like layouts that aren't 3 column. Although the one in my site appears to be the common way people use layouts in a 3 column manner,it's not 3 column exactly.

AgentChronon

I <3 Buoysel
I like 3 column the best.

Faltzer

[Hold ALT+F4 ]
3 column suck,and don't prove to be usefull in any way. Affiliates,topsites,saybox & links to other sites in the right menu,and in the left menu containing all the links in your site with all the exact same ideas Serebii has gotten.

AgentChronon

I <3 Buoysel
What the heck? You can use that logic for anything. Like:

Links at the top suck, in the first couple drop down menus containing all the links in your site with all the exact same ideas Serebii has gotten and in the last couple drop down menus affiliates,topsites, & links to other sites in the right menu.

So I like three column.

Faltzer

[Hold ALT+F4 ]
Wrong,links in the top is better then having a shitty layout. Having to scroll down to the bottom and find 50 million links leading to freakin 404's is even more shitty then having a drop down. And when you look in the bright side,at least you don't have to scroll down. And if you're just here to say drop downs suck,then go tell that to every site that has them and not me.

AgentChronon

I <3 Buoysel
I don't think drop downs suck. I like three column more because you can see everything that you can click on and you don't have to hover over stuff. But I see your point. And not every site with a three column layout has broken links...

AgentChronon

I <3 Buoysel
Yeah but you shouldn't associate broken links with three column layouts becuase drop downs can have them too. I have no broken links on my site I think.

Faltzer

[Hold ALT+F4 ]
Drop down menus rarely have broken links,drop down menus have an easier system of adding links then 3-column,making 3 column bad because of the <br> tags after every link.

AgentChronon

I <3 Buoysel
Well I mean a drop down layout could just as easily have broken links as a three column layout, it's just that most people that use a drop down have no broken links because they don't like that stuff.

Faltzer

[Hold ALT+F4 ]
I hate broken links,they annoy me. And this only happens with 3 column layouts from what I see,drop downs rarely have broken links.

So I say broken links are automatic with 3-column. Just my opinion.

AgentChronon

I <3 Buoysel
Well that's weird.

Anyway, you can dissagree, but I have three reasons why I like three column better:

1: You can see everything you might want to look at, you don't have to hover over.

2: Having drop down makes your site seem much smaller, like a blog, while having three column makes it seem huge.

3: You can use ctrl+F to find stuff.

So yeah.

Faltzer

[Hold ALT+F4 ]
If you really think 3-Column makes a website look big,visit Pokerealm and you'll see that the site has a drop down menu and it has more then 300 pages. And just having 3-column doesn't make your site bigger,because it's guaranteed that the site might not have enough content to begin with.

Umm, just because a site uses a three-column layout doesn't mean it's going to have loads of broken links. Just take a look at TCoD or Eonlight Valley. Three column layouts, no broken links. I use a three column layout, and I don't have any broken links, either. Drop-down lists are neat too, but I prefer three columns.

AgentChronon

I <3 Buoysel
THANK YOU!!!

That's what I was getting at. And note I said it makes your site LOOK bigger, not makes it bigger. Yeah, pokerealm has 300 pages but so does TCoD and TCoD sure LOOKS a whole lot bigger which makes people explore more which makes people fans which gets your site more popular.

Faltzer

[Hold ALT+F4 ]
Pokerealm recieves 1000 unique hits per day and even with that Java Script menu they know the site is big already. And just because TCoD HAS a 3-column layout it doesn't make there site seem big because just having 50 million links in the site make you scroll down for at least 10 seconds to just reach the footer.

AgentChronon

I <3 Buoysel
I tried it just now and it took 1 1/2 seconds XD.

Okay I think we need to stop arguing now. I mean you can like drop down and I can like three column. Well I like both but still. Anyway bye for now.

Faltzer

[Hold ALT+F4 ]
"Discussion Topic:Layouts"

That's what the topic is for,we're not arguing,even if this is an arguement,this arguement is a non-insultive arguement against the person.