• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

[Discussion] What is a counter?

Raikou77

Yeah, this is 4. in "[READ] How to be Successful in DP CRMT"

If people don't even read that, I doubt they will read this. But anyway, nice job.

Hunter_RuLe

< Guess who's back?
Lol, talking about the basics of CRMT. The Gardevoir example made me laugh because it was too obvious about who you were talking. Nice try, but it seems that noobs don't read this kind of stuff, so sadly this won't work.

Exiled_Sicilian

STalking is a hobby.
I wasn't targeting anyone out, it's just what is mainly an issue with people.

I know it is in there, but I thought if it had its own Discussion, people would hopefully look through it for when they feel they know what a counter is, but aren't too sure.

Ya, I hope people will check it out, I just want people to do their best, seriously, people get too confused, and some just give out useless advice that ends up screwing people's Teams up. I'm tired of seeing that.

Thanks though you guys.

Exiled_Sicilian

STalking is a hobby.
I still feel this needs to be stickied, just so people see it right when they enter in to Competitive Online CRMT. People are lazy, they won't even skim through the Rules.

I'd like to see people prove me wrong, because based on what I see evryday on here, no one even knows it exists.

ihcati

say nope to dope
Actually your Gardevoir Gyarados example wasnt the best choice since Gardy has Trace and would lower Gyarados' attack upon switching in. But still nice work anyway.

Raikou77

Let's all PM a Mod (SapphireL) asking to sticky this, it might work.

crudent

is this kindergarten.

People who know competitive battling will automatically know what counters are. And Jump (IIRC) posted a reminder on Smogon about what counters were.

and post #2 should have dealt with the entire thread anyway.

I got a PM last night to sticky this, but:
1) I couldn't find the thread
2) I couldn't find the thread because the forums were lagging... >__>

*sticks*

Exiled_Sicilian

STalking is a hobby.
is this kindergarten.

People who know competitive battling will automatically know what counters are. And Jump (IIRC) posted a reminder on Smogon about what counters were.

and post #2 should have dealt with the entire thread anyway.

1. Apparently not, since it's a big issue.
2. This isn't Smogon. It's Serebii.net. Some people do not go there and therefore will not see that.
3. nooblet, you're right, I apologize for the false information, I'll change it asap, forgot that there could be a slight chance of Reminescent Heabutt, Psycho Cutter, etc. being used, but haven't seen it too much, at least on anything really competitive.

ihcati, what happens when Gardy switches in to Gyara? So my point on that remains.

Last edited:

spareux

maldición
For all the people saying how basic this is;
it's evidently needed judging from the geenral quality of threads in this forum.

And this is probably a lot of help to a lot of people.

"L"

Just because it's up here doesnt mean that anybody will actually read it....

...Then again after the team format thread was stickied, there was a drop in unreadable threads aswell.

Good job

Exiled_Sicilian

STalking is a hobby.
Thank you guys, I appreciate the compliments/comments. That's my goal is for people to read it, and if at least one person does and learns from it, it has done its goal. I just want to see less confusion about what a counter is.

aipomkong

prophecy fulfilled
ihcati, what happens when Gardy switches in to Gyara? So my point on that remains.

Trace traces Intimidate, and in D/P that means Gyarados' Attack will lower.

Yeah, Gardevoir has one of the most impressive and mystical abilities in the Pokemon games.