• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Disgaea (but why post about it in the Nintendo section?)

SBaby

Dungeon Master
Ok. Most of the Disgaea fans here probably know this already (all five or six of us), but for those of you that don't, Disgaea is being released for the Nintendo DS.

As if this game even needs an introduction, but I'll give a summary anyway, for those that have never heard of the game. You play as the young demon Prince Laharl whose goal is to become the Overlord of the Netherworld. You do this by hacking, slashing, stabbing, bashing, shooting, and lobbing fireballs, daggers, grenades, nukes, and exploding penguins around on grid-based combat maps (like FF Tactics).

Unlike most games of this genre, Disgaea allows your characters, monsters, and recruits to reach obscene levels of power (up to Lv. 9999) and do insane damage to the enemies (as in millions of points of damage). In addition, you've got the Dark Assembly, the ever-changing Item World, and a whole bunch of sidequests to keep you playing for hours on end.

The DS version is said to include both the PS2 Hour of Darkness, and the PSP Afternoon of Darkness storylines, as well as multiplayer options via Wi-Fi, so you can take your army and battle other people for ultimate supremacy. A new feature of the DS version is the use of a minimap, enabling you to plot out the overall strategy to use in each stage, thus adding to the tactics in the game.

A US release has been confirmed (courtesy of NIS of America), but the date of such a release hasn't been slated yet. Looks like NIS is trying to get Disgaea into the mainstream market. And why not? It's an awesome series.

Last edited:

Tabs The Omnipotent Hamster

And yet, it moves!
exploding penguins? sounds fun.

[aka]

Wow, I never really knew much about Disgaea, but now that it's coming to the DS, I shall love it with a passion...>.>

Not to mention that I already have a Prinney (penguin) hat :p