• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Disgaea Shipping Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skiyomi

Only Mostly Dead
...IT'S ABOUT DAMN TIME. I wanted to put off making this thread until I finished beating the main storyline of Disgaea 4 which was... *checks watch* about 15 minutes ago. So here we are! A shipping thread for my very most favorite video game series Eat your heart out, Pokemon!

Note: Make sure to keep anything from Disgaea 4 in spoilers. Not everyone's finished the game. If you haven't finished the other games, well... tread carefully!

So, first things first:

What couples from the Disgaea games do you support?

From Disgaea: My goodness, it's been awhile since I played this. Let's see what I remember...

Laharl x Flonne: I wasn't sure about this one for awhile and kinda didn't support any Laharl ships, but if I'm honest... I've always had a bit of a soft spot for this one. Flonne's probably the character that was most able to draw emotion out of Laharl and help him develop as a person. Plus, how could I not ship the original love-freak? That would be WRONG. Also, I can add this to my list of "Demons x Blondes" ships that I support. How did this get so out of control?

Gordon x Jennifer: They made an awesome team and I thought they were on of the highlights of the Disgaea anime series as well. They're just fun, cute characters and I honest-to-God wish I remembered their part in the game better.

From Disgaea 2:

Adell x Rozalin: ...I really do love this ship. Disgaea 2 was actually the first Disgaea game that I played so this was my first foray into the Netherworld. I knew I was going to like this couple pretty much from the start... it should be more than obvious by now that I'm a sucker for bickering couples. And I felt that they resolved their storyline very well too. I should go back and play that again... no wait! I've got to much work to do in the post-story of Disgaea 4!

From Disgaea 3:

Mao x Almaz: ...Yes, this goes before Almaz x Sapphire (which I also like, for the record. I'll get to it in a second). It just got a little... obvious after a point. Mao fanboying in a self-repressed, creepy way over Almaz as a hero and wanting to 'experiment' on his 'body'. Weeeellll... yeah. Then there's Almaz's declaration that he was going to open Mao's heart and... Almaz's death ended up being the thing that effected Mao so much that he ended up opening his heart. I just honestly can't see another Mao pair Sorry Mao/Raspberyl fans!

Almaz x Sapphire: Now these two are also adorable and considering that they actually got married and all.. yeah, it's pretty undeniable. Almaz's devotion to her is what drives him through the storyline and Sapphire (who is too cool for words, by the way) obviously returns his feelings and has good reason to. And well... Mao's right. We all want that sandwich.

Disgaea 4:

Valvatorez x Artina/Vulcanus: *deep breath* I LOVE THIS PAIR. It's probably just the shine of coming right off the game, but I really enjoyed these two. They're a different kind of pair than I think we've seen in Disgaea games in the past. I should probably feel worse about enjoying a pairing involving a vampire so much since I've never been a fan of all that Twilight stuff, but THIS IS DIFFERENT.

It was easy to figure that these two were going to end up together from the intro and from their past encounters and the fact that Fuka obsessively shipped them. But it really became obvious as the story went on that Valvatorez genuinely cared for her (after all, the promise he made to her pretty much changed his whole life and his philosophies) and that she felt the same. I've only earned the Artina epilogue, but I'm glad I did. That sewed it up really nicely--she couldn't have made it more clear that she loves him with the 'I was afraid I was going to lose you' talk. And... well, he credited her with his introduction to sardines. From Valvatorez there can be no higher praise!

Wonder what'll happen when he actually drinks her blood... I don't know if there's any post-game stuff that addresses that since I haven't done anything since beating it.

Valvatorez x Fenrich: ...I don't so much support this one as need to put it on the list because it's SO FREAKING OBVIOUS. I guess you could say I ship it onesided only from Fenrich's perspective. But really, his utter, fanatical obsession with Valvatorez and his territorialness whenever any female moves in to close for comfort to his master well... Fuka knows it. But Valzy's clearly in love with Artina... poooooooor Fenfen.

MissBluRose

Rookie Trainer
*Is envious that you're finished with D4* Well, I only have two Disgaea pairings that I like: Adell x Rozalin and Almaz x Sapphire.

I have no idea why I like AdellxRozalin. They're like the typical anime couple that I usually hate, but I thought their interaction in D2 was cute, especially the line where Etna calls them "One of THOSE couples". Also, when they're DLC in Disgaea 3, when you get both on your side, you learn they wanted to get a job so they could afford a gift for each other. That just made me go "awww!" inside.

On the other hand, I loved AlmazxSapphire from the moment Sapphire said how he defended her from those who called her cold-hearted and unable to cry. Plus, there's something about a guy falling for a girl that's brutal to all but him that makes me laugh and smile at the same time. :)

I haven't finished Disgaea 4 on account of PS3 problems...but I kinda like Valvatorez x Fenrich because of a comic I saw on DeviantArt. I thought the Twilight jokes would fly, but then I go along to spoil myself on their relationship and realize that they really do go well together.

Skiyomi

Only Mostly Dead
I never saw that Adell x Rozalin thing from Disgaea 3, but I did hear about it and it sounds adorable. Considering how much they usually fight, it's nice to see such a sweet moment between the two ^^

I think one of the reasons Adell x Rozalin works even if you're not usually a fan of the bickering couple is that their relationship actually has a bearing on the plot (in that it's how the plot is resolved) and not just a distracting extra that they threw in for the sake of having some kind of romantic interest in the story. I think that goes a long way to make their interacting interesting instead of annoying. ...But that might be just me. I was sold from the dancy intro XP

Sapphire's extreme awesomeness really sold the Almaz x Sapphire pairing to me, even after I was pretty sure I was going to be in camp Mao x Almaz for this one. Aw heck, though... they're both fun pairings XD

...I've actually seen a fair amount of Valvatorez x Fuka fanart when I was browsing around. ...Probably because Valvatorez is the main character and Fuka appears to be D4's fandom darling.

Remmie

I think that in one of the Disgaea game, Sapphire tried to pair up Mao and Raspberyl together. I think that it Obvious that Beryl has feelings for Mao and use her rival statut to cover them. But Mao seems to find her more bothersome than something else. I more into the SapphirexMao shipping, they are both battle lovers and easily make victims. A pair in Disgaea 4: Fuka and Desco. Obvious on Desco side, later Fuka when she confrots Mao to prevent him to use Desco for his experiments. My favorite shipping: Laharl and Flonne. If you guys are interested I put a thread in the Other Video Games discussion section about the Disgaea series. Go check it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.