• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Disguise Da Limit! (338)

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
Disguise Da Limit!

It's time for the Pokémon Contest in Verdanturf Town. May wants to win her second contest but soon finds out she has to face the masked co-ordinator she recently met. Using her Skitty she must battle his Dusclops. Will she win?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss...

T

Tate+Liza

I hope she does. Mommy is really annoying. She keep on poking me. I wonder why do she like the name "Tate".

Gravy

Contaminated KFC
Meh, I was just watching a clip for this episode on the KidsWB site, and the battle between Dusclops and Skitty had some...really boring music playing in the background the whole time.
I mean, Haruka is unable to do any damage to Dusclops, and they've decided to use random mixxed-together tunes that don't give any sort of feeling of desperation at all x.x;
Bah, music does make a big difference in many cases I'm afraid~

Yellow

Banned
What the Hell kinda dub title was this? Disquise Da' Limit? Sounds like something Meowth would say. Anyway, I think this will be an interesting contest episode.

Tamer Zack

SPP forgotten member
Gravy said:
Meh, I was just watching a clip for this episode on the KidsWB site, and the battle between Dusclops and Skitty had some...really boring music playing in the background the whole time.
I mean, Haruka is unable to do any damage to Dusclops, and they've decided to use random mixxed-together tunes that don't give any sort of feeling of desperation at all x.x;
Bah, music does make a big difference in many cases I'm afraid~

There trying to fit the music in with the battle. This is probaly the 1st time we'll see the episode go by the game play.

E

Ethereal

Wait, I thought this episode was called "Disaster of Disguise"...

The Big Al

I just keeping Octo
Skitty vs. Dusclops battle = cheap and proof life's too easy on May. Skitty should have been toast after Focus Punch and certainly after the first Hyper Beam. -_- The battle against Grace was great but this was sickening and unreasonable. Poor Timmy, he got screwed by the writers.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Ah, another good episode. Not quite as exciting as the contest Vs. Medicham, but still a good one.

Anyone else IMPRESSED by Jessie in this episode? In the first contest she entered using the Rainbow machine, cheating to win. In this episode Jessie actually DID win the first round fair and square. Maybe being a coordinator is something for Jessie as well?

Ha, May's battle against that Wartortle was short. The Dusclops Vs. Skitty battle seemed to be mostly a strategy of attack/deflect/repeat throughout the match. A nice bit of continuity was using Assist and Blizzard, which are both attacks Skitty learned recently. One thing I love about Hoenn is even the fillers contribute to the overall story (Skitty learning Assist in the Numel filler, and then Blizzard in the Delcatty one). Also liked the backstory on Timmy's mother.

May has her second ribbon. It seems May always goes against some of the toughest evolved forms in her contests (Medicham, Dusclops, and in the future, etc.)

That's for sure. Skitty should have been a pile of ash after the second Hyper Beam. We all know Skitty's a bit more powerful than a normal one, but this was really pushing it. I'm glad Mrs. Grim converted, but don't you think a long time reunion with Poochyena would've fit the end more than May dancing happily? This was really not one of the better episdoes.

Overall rating:
4.9 out of 10.
Really bad for a nonfiller, worse than I could say for Johto, but this episode was boring and unreasonable. The prequel was so awesome, and then we get this.......

SC~ out

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Skitty is the equivilant of Ash's Pikachu, both seem to take and dish out far more than they should. May's Skitty seems to be very strong, it may have been a high level before she caught it, since it evolved by Moon stone and not level.

Maybe if you people stopped reading spoilers and looking at episode pictures you'd be surprised at the ep, instead of knowing everything that's going to happen before the episode even airs.

V Faction

www.faction.com
I have to agree with Al, I thought the Grace battle was leaps ahead of this one. Skitty has to be either one of the luckiest Pokemon or the Sharkiest.

And a nice change of pace with Jessie's name. 'Jesslana'. Hoo boy, that came out of no where. And you have to admit, if it wasn't for that TR stubbornness, Jessie could become a very skilled Coordinator. Luck simply wasn't on her side this time.

I wish Drew would stop flicking his hair, even though I know he won't quit any time in the future.

The TC was really random. I thought perhaps it was going to be Delcatty because of its performance with Solarbeam in just the previous episodes. I'd say, due to Wooper's neutrality against Spheal's attacks and how sucky Delcatty's stats are, either one would've been fine.

Kijuna

Yeah. This episode was... really bad. johto filler bad. WTF kind of battle was this?! Did the writers of the last contest retire or something? Shipping hints in this and the last episode were many, though.

-Drew says hi to May without being a dick.
-May seems sad when Drew can't enter.
-Drew actually cheers May on, if I'm not mistaken.
-Ash cheers for Timmy. Contestshippers 1, Advanceshippers 0. Pwned.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Ash also cheered for May in other parts of the episode, none of the characters were really one sided. Some of you must be forgetting what Johto fillers were really like, to put an episode like this on the same level.

The animation didn't seem to be as good in this ep, May looked a little off in some scenes.

And yeah, May does have a Super Skitty. I guess it makes up for Torchic's weakness at this time. Perhaps it's a new breed of Skitty with phenomenal advances in both attack and defense. Ah, a Super Pikachu and a Super Skitty, what will be next?

Last edited:
D

Ditzy_Blonde

Enjoyable, but not as good as the second contest battle. :( The End Battle was just to simple and lacked the complexity of May's first and second contests. I think it has something to do with Skitty's limited moveset. Why is it that she pretty much uses Double Slap/Assist over and over again? I would orgasm if she used Charm, or maybe Attract (which skitty learns naturaly in the game, and Cute Charm is it's natural ability). Hopefully she'll learn these moves, as well as Heal Bell and Double Edge later.

And don't get so bent out of shape about Skitty's strength. Afterwall, we've put up with Super Pickachu for the past 7 seasons...​

£añkaÑ

~Thîrûttû R⚢âl~
It was a good EPISODE...it sad now...that we have to see MAY lose 1 or 2 battles now...in her upcoming CONTEST...

R

Robert

May got a rather high score... A failed blizzard and juggling three balls was able to pass by? What the heck? The scenes where the Pokemon would perform blew by quickly, and the battle was pathetic. Skitty was way too powerful. This was one of my least favorite episodes in recent history...

Last edited by a moderator:

Space Skitty

Hoenn Champion
I think it could've been better. The music I think really sorta ruined it a bit. (When Ash's Pikachu fought Timmy's Dusclops, they had some really good music. But this one was just... Repeatitive. I think May's battle was more important than Ash's so it should've had some more better music. The music sounded filler-ish, like the kind used in filler-battles.)

But Skitty was a tough little thing. Maybe another Super like Pika? I'm a little surprised it was able to take all those hits. Focus Punch isn't a little attack...

I felt a little sorry for Timmy. He did well.

PDL

disenchanted
wow... judging by the actual battles, this episode was pretty bland

but I think the main focus of the episode is the whole backstory behind Mrs. Grim and her dislike for pokemon

I liked the Fallarbor contest alot better, and I hope future contests aren't as half-butted as this one was :\