• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Disguise Da Limit! (338)

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Sheer Cold said:
I'm glad Mrs. Grim converted, but don't you think a long time reunion with Poochyena would've fit the end more than May dancing happily?

That Poochyena was taken away from her when she was like 5 years old, so you honestly expected that the SAME Poocyhena from what could be 20-30 years ago would magically reappear and be reunited with the mother? By what logic is that?

PDL

disenchanted
Cybercubed said:
That Poochyena was taken away from her when she was like 5 years old, so you honestly expected that the SAME Poocyhena from what could be 20-30 years ago would magically reappear and be reunited with the mother? By what logic is that?

time machine of course :D

but I kid, there's no way that Poochyena would even be alive let alone be reunited with Mrs. Grim

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Well, it could be still alive, it may live a little longer than a dog in real life. :p

I'm confused as to why some people are surprised Skitty beat a Dusclops. This is the same Skitty that took down a fully evolved Ampharmos remember?

V Faction

www.faction.com
Cybercubed said:
I'm confused as to why some people are surprised Skitty beat a Dusclops. This is the same Skitty that took down a fully evolved Ampharmos remember?
Probably because Watt's Ampharos didn't seem to be all that powerful or well skilled. It had Iron Tail and Thundershock, not all too impressive. The Phantom's Dusclops however had all kinds of powerful diverse attacks. Not to mention the Phantom had a reputation for being strong (he beat Roselia after all). Skitty survived its incredible assault almost magically, so I can why people complain.

The Big Al

I just keeping Octo
Skitty maybe a super but don't even think Pikachu would still be standing after that kind of punishment. Not mention Pikachu has been around for years and uis very well trained. Skitty's been around for a half dozen episodes and takes a Focus Punch, deflects another, and then take two Hyper Beams. Like I said, even Pikachu would be a shadow on a wall after that.

I like the redone Kanto gym-leader music they played during Jessie's and Timmy's battle. It was probably the best piece of music the entire episode.

Other than that, I remember Johto and this comes pretty darn close.

Heracross

Custom User Title
Poochyena could still be alive, pokémon aren't like normal animals after all. The pikachu Vitcor had was at least 20 years old. It would still be pretty unlikely that they would be reunited, but it's not necessarily dead. Anyway, this episode was pretty good, Timmy's dad was really cool for letting him go to the contest like that. It was also cool seing his mother give in and let him have pokémon after she remembered how much she missed Poochyena. It seemed a lot more emotional in the original version though, the music they played was really sad. The contest battles were really good too, Jessie seems to do better each time, but she just never catches a break.:p I was dissappointed but not surprised that the only music 4Kids kept in the entire episode was during Jessie's battle with Timmy. Even though I really like that music it's just not enough to make up for the rest of the episode. I also really liked how they used Ready Go! for the battle between May and Timmy, but of course they didn't keep it in the dub because it had Japanese words in it.

Last edited:

Korobooshi Kojiro

Funnnngaaaaa
This episodes was okay, but I like the first part of the Contest Arca better then the actual contest, but trust me, the latest contest is really cool! (Don't wanna spoil it)

Chris

Old Coot
The Big Al said:
Skitty maybe a super but don't even think Pikachu would still be standing after that kind of punishment. Not mention Pikachu has been around for years and uis very well trained. Skitty's been around for a half dozen episodes and takes a Focus Punch, deflects another, and then take two Hyper Beams. Like I said, even Pikachu would be a shadow on a wall after that.

I like the redone Kanto gym-leader music they played during Jessie's and Timmy's battle. It was probably the best piece of music the entire episode.

Other than that, I remember Johto and this comes pretty darn close.
Would you quit your *****ing? :\ She didn't have it easy. She got lucky that Assist worked in her favor most of the time and the two were close to beating eachother. The way the battle worked was nicely done. Gust blowing away Hyper Beam, then String Shot wrapping around the projectile Focus Punch and destroying it (makes sense too, considering if the opponent attacks during Focus Punch then it fails), then Ember destroying all the Will-o-Wisp flames, and then Silver Wind blowing being destroyed by Psychic. They didn't give it to her on that. It came down to the luck of the draw between Blizzard and Hyper Beam.

Since I missed the episode, anyone wanna confirm to me if the karaoke of Ready Go! was playing during the battle?

P

psisam

I thought it was ok but I don't know how a skitty could beat a dusclops.

V Faction

www.faction.com
Edward Elric said:
She didn't have it easy. She got lucky that Assist worked in her favor most of the time and the two were close to beating eachother.
If you ask me, using luck isn't an accurate display of determining the ease of a battle. Random luck is just that, random luck, not an example of proving your skills whilst in a pickle nor an example of blowing the whole match. If you're talking in general about the battle, that it wasn't easy to face-off against Dusclops, then I agree, because almost every battle works like that.

The way the battle worked was nicely done. Gust blowing away Hyper Beam, then String Shot wrapping around the projectile Focus Punch and destroying it (makes sense too, considering if the opponent attacks during Focus Punch then it fails), then Ember destroying all the Will-o-Wisp flames, and then Silver Wind blowing being destroyed by Psychic.
Only if the user takes damage does Focus Punch fail. String Shot would not have be useful in stopping Dusclops from using Focus Punch, but it was helpful in the way it was used to cease the attack itself. Still, it leaves a bad taste in your mouth when the likes of Gust, String Shot, and Ember can stop powerful attacks like Hyper Beam, Focus Punch, and Will-O-Wisp. However, Silver Wind and Blizzard were a lot more appropriate.

I can put that all aside though. The one true thing that disturbed me was how Skitty could survive attacks that calculate in the 100+ range. Focus Punch alone would've set its points back a pretty penny. The only reason for all of that I can come up with is because of Dusclops's low attack power, but still...

Since I missed the episode, anyone wanna confirm to me if the karaoke of Ready Go! was playing during the battle?
Reports say that it wasn't included.

Chris

Old Coot
Simple. It didn't use Normal attacks, nor is this the game where the battle would be in Dusclops' favor due to its defenses. o_O

The thing is that Skitty destroyed Focus Punch with style and did it quite fast. Most people would try having their Pokémon dodge attacks of the sort, thus resulting in loss of points when it has some sort of effect on the defensive Pokémon.

And really can you guys really complain about it? We were treated to great looking battles during these Contests.

Last edited:

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
I firmly believe if Beautifly was used in this contest instead of Skitty, it either would have lost, or performed a strategic battle with whirlwind and string shot.

May's Skitty is just a "Super Skitty", seemingly blessed with stats that make it stronger than most evolved forms.

Granted I did enjoy the battle, and I don't see how people thought it was as bad as a Johto filler, but the battle was a little cheap, because of well..."Super Skitty" resisting two direct Hyper Beams, Focus Punches, and then having lucky Assist and Blizzard working just at the right time to win.

It's just a Super Skitty, you can't really debate it.

Chris

Old Coot
Remember that the attacks didn't hit Skitty. And don't worry about Assist and Blizzard. There's going to be times where they don't work exactly as planned.

The Big Al

I just keeping Octo
I'm sorry but I'm not buying the super Skitty bit. It's more powerful than Pikachu and yet it's been around for 1/50 the time. Even a well trained Skitty can't take one physical hit of that magnitude, let alone 3 and half.

I don't see why you two defend the undefendable.

Chris

Old Coot
I was referring to the part where the battle started to pick up in her favor, although Skitty was hit by one Focus Punch and one Hyper Beams During the first portion, Skitty did take abit of a defensive stance for the first Focus Punch. One of Dusclops' Hyper Beams did hit but then the next one was blown away. Then the body picks up.

Chris

Old Coot
The Big Al said:
I'm sorry but I'm not buying the super Skitty bit. It's more powerful than Pikachu and yet it's been around for 1/50 the time. Even a well trained Skitty can't take one physical hit of that magnitude, let alone 3 and half.

I don't see why you two defend the undefendable.
And it's because you constantly ***** about the un*****able. Regular battles are not the same as Contests. Contests don't exactly rely on attacks to have full power. And we could see Dusclops' Hyper Beams were no where near as strong as say a Gyarados' considering those normally cause explosions.

D

Ditzy_Blonde

And lets not forget that the power of attacks are scalled down for contests. Remember in the Dustox/Beautifly contests episode, when the trainer told his dustox to lower the power of his psybeam? Well, same thing can apply.

I'm with you Al, no Skitty can survive that sort of thing. My Skitty, at Lv. 15, was critically injured by a Lv. 5 Pidgey. Skitty's Defenses are so low that there's no way it can survive even one of those attacks. Normally, Skitty are cute, but this one is just too godly in this contest. And, while regular battles may not have the power of regular ones, that doesn't mean that they have it easier. Hyper Beam is still powerful enough to 2HKO. And Skitty shouldn't have been able to take a Focus Punch from a Tyrogue, let alone a Dusclops(although the Attack power difference is not that high, really:p).

SC~ out