• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Disguise Da Limit! (338)

K

KreKitten

wow you guys sure know how to argue...well in my opion skitty shouldnt have been in the 2nd round anyways let alone win it....that juggling thing bored me, the battle bored me, i miss beautifly ::sigh::

but i was ok with that cause my jess did soooooooo good! omg i was so amazed, and without cheating, i knew she had it in her! yup my mama would make a good coridenator(sorry sorry) would she? :D why must they always go back to their old fearful selfs :(

Phantom_Bugsy

So hot he's on fire.
I really DO think she should have lost, because that would have let "Timmy" win. *his name is KIMIMARO. Why the butchering I ask? WHY?!* It would have been better to see him win and even better show his mom he can do something. ^_^

On a side note, his dad IS hot. Seriously. XD

Last edited:
P

Princess May

The Big Al said:
Wow, you just noticed that? Here I've been trying to make opinions crystal clear for everyone.

EDIT: Back on topic, did that first Blizzard on Dusclops actually fail or was it the fact that Dusclops has such thick skin that it didn't care.

I knew that u were a May hater but must u be so rude!

anyway...i also was really impressed by how good of a coordinator Jessie was. But what i found kinda strange was that in almost every contest pikachu blasts team rocket through the roof. i mean cant security or something remove them without damaging the building. o_O

Chris

Old Coot
Actually if you look at the way the first Blizzard was used, it pretty much failed the moment it was about to touch Dusclops. Proof enough that Skitty has yet to master Blizzard. Infact, the first Blizzard was rather weak looking compared to the second one.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
May should have lost this one but won the other one in the future. Although I haven't seen the other one to really say they should be switched.

Okay, 2 things, I am starting to not hate Contests anymore (just people who dare say it is just as complex or important as battling. And, THIS EPISODE WAS TERRIBLE.
I am not sure it was this one (I think it was) that said the Dance like a Butterfree, Sting like a Beedrill one, but it is "FLOAT like a butterfly sting like a bee. WTF, get it right, damn you.
Go shoot yourself if you think Skitty should have made it to the finals over the Charizard, or for that matter anyone, it messed up on a Blizzard, and then juggled THREE balls slowly, WOW.
Jessie got screwed, She should have fought May, here is how the seeding works idiots in Japan who created this episode
1 vs 4
2 vs 3
Not 1 vs 3 and 2 vs 4, WHF is wrong with you idiots, you have soccer tournys over there, someone at TV Tokyo must have known how seeding works.
Timmy got majorly screwed, I am watching the entire battle thinking, well, I know from the people on Serebii that everytime May enters a contest with a Pokemon for the first time she loses (I would like to say thank you to the person who told me that, thanks to your ignorance, I was surprised at the end of this episode) than she ends up winning. If a LV 75 Dusclops hits a LV 100 Skitty with 2 Hyperbeams, Skitty is gone. This was sickening, worst was how the FP was taken out, SS would not do crap to stop FP. May does have things way too easy.
Anyway, for following a somewhat good episode, and being the penacle of suckage (almost, the Torkoal capture episode was worse) in Hoenn, I give this piece of crap dubbed and in Japanese a 2/10

T

Togemon

Bleh... the only things I liked about this episode was Jessie doing really good and the backstory about Timmy/family. I thought it would have been good for his mother to see him win. Plus, I thought the battle was cheap, and I dislike Drew and Skitty very much. 4/10.

The Big Al

I just keeping Octo
Yeah, I don't get that at all. Every single tournament pits the best against the worst.

I'm just amazed that Dusclops didn't even use his big guns and clobbered Dustox and Roselia with relative ease. Then he used his most powerful attacks on Skitty and it's still in the fight. That's wrong.

Yeah, even though I'm a huge May fan, I agree that the battle was kinda stupid.

But hey, the first two contests and the upcoming contests (3 uptil now in japan) are MUCH better.

Yellow

Banned
I liked this contest episode more then the last one in Fallarbor Town. I thought May was going to lose when she kept on telling Skitty to learn Blizzard.

Chris

Old Coot
Cloud Strife said:
Okay, 2 things, I am starting to not hate Contests anymore (just people who dare say it is just as complex or important as battling. And, THIS EPISODE WAS TERRIBLE.
I am not sure it was this one (I think it was) that said the Dance like a Butterfree, Sting like a Beedrill one, but it is "FLOAT like a butterfly sting like a bee. WTF, get it right, damn you.
Go shoot yourself if you think Skitty should have made it to the finals over the Charizard, or for that matter anyone, it messed up on a Blizzard, and then juggled THREE balls slowly, WOW.
Jessie got screwed, She should have fought May, here is how the seeding works idiots in Japan who created this episode
1 vs 4
2 vs 3
Not 1 vs 3 and 2 vs 4, WHF is wrong with you idiots, you have soccer tournys over there, someone at TV Tokyo must have known how seeding works.
Timmy got majorly screwed, I am watching the entire battle thinking, well, I know from the people on Serebii that everytime May enters a contest with a Pokemon for the first time she loses (I would like to say thank you to the person who told me that, thanks to your ignorance, I was surprised at the end of this episode) than she ends up winning. If a LV 75 Dusclops hits a LV 100 Skitty with 2 Hyperbeams, Skitty is gone. This was sickening, worst was how the FP was taken out, SS would not do crap to stop FP. May does have things way too easy.
Anyway, for following a somewhat good episode, and being the penacle of suckage (almost, the Torkoal capture episode was worse) in Hoenn, I give this piece of crap dubbed and in Japanese a 2/10
*sigh* Why the hell would Haruka lose in every Contest she entered? And ONCE AGAIN, the games stats have NO INFLUENCE on the anime. Did you not notice Dusclops wasn't the beefy tank it is in the games?

You guys keep forgetting that in Contest battles, beating the crap out of the opponent is NOT the only way to win. You have to use style while using the right attacks. Skitty used stylish, yet strategic attacks to counter Dusclops' attacks. Dusclops attacks simply just required it to stand perfectly still and just fire off its attacks. Notice how its Hyper Beams and Focus Punches didn't drain much in points from Haruka. Plus she even countered a Focus Punch by having Skitty smack it with its tail.

Get over it, guys. This isn't the games where you can throw your statistics into it. We've seen a small Pokémon trash a much larger one PLENTY of times. I simply cannot understand how in the world an episode like this is so much worse than some others to you guys. e_e

I

Indigo

I'm sorry, May fans, Contest fans, protectors of the onslaught of criticism. But this episode was downright C-H-E-A-P.

--Skitty never screwed up Blizzard, and now it does? That's a teeny bit unfair to May, even though she really isn't my favorite character.
--Skitty really should've been done by the first two Hyper Beams. Pikachu would've been ready to collapse when put under that kind of pressure. Add that to the Focus Punches and Psychics Skitty endured...it just wasn't right.
--Skitty's failed Blizzard in the first round definitely should've screwed May. In a competition with that many people who've trained that hard, there isn't any room for failures. But by the magic of the writers...
--Timmy should've won. His story was phenomenal, his desire, his connection...all SO beyond one-shot characters. And yet he ends up losing to mopey May and super Skitty. Please excuse the negative alliteration.

Now, the good stuff.

--Ash was neutral. WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!! :D
--Timmy was so much better than your run-of-the-mill character. Loved him.
--Jessie(Jesslana...Where the hell did that come from? :p) was AWESOME! Her display took some talent to produce. I want to see Jessie win a contest, but of course that isn't happening. On a side-note, why does she always have to disguise herself in contests? No one but Ash and Co. know who she is, and if she's just trying to win a contest fairly like she was, they have nothing on her.

All in all, the episode was pretty bad. The Big Al, I'm beginning to agree with you on the fact that May has it way too easy. This episode was cheap beyond reason. 4.5/10

Pokemon Fan

Knuckle Trainer
The Big Al said:
Skitty maybe a super but don't even think Pikachu would still be standing after that kind of punishment. Not mention Pikachu has been around for years and uis very well trained. Skitty's been around for a half dozen episodes and takes a Focus Punch, deflects another, and then take two Hyper Beams. Like I said, even Pikachu would be a shadow on a wall after that.
Wow, I'm siding with a detractor for once (though I still can't comprehend how Cloud Strife found the Torkoal capture episode to be bad, let alone WORSE then this).

Before going on with my criticisms, I should note one thing that I feel in unjust in detracting this episode, the Hyper Beams. To me it didn't look at all like Skitty was hit directly by them, more like it was dodging and just got hit by the edge of the beam (like when one gets a cut from a bullet nearly hitting them). Thus it makes sense Skitty took little damage from that. However, it would have helped if they had showed Skitty trying to dodge rather than reusing the same scene of it getting hit.

More pros:

I liked how they showed the many uses of Psychic (i.e it can manipulate matter and energy and fire as a blast of energy), and Jessie's appeal was beautiful.

The story of why the mother hated the thought of her son being close to Pokemon was fairly touching, if scant on details.

HOWEVER.

I found May's appeal to be very disappointing. Skitty's juggling was so simple and plain, it should have shown more energy. It is super cute though so it must have won over the judges just on looks. At least they had May get the lowest score of those who passed, but the way it was shown May shouldn't have passed, unless all the others that didn't were really bad (and from what we saw it was hard to tell).

While I can understand the Hyper Beams, I do not see how Skitty took so little damage from a Focus Punch right in the face, unless its head has some armor playing or something that we don't know about. It does look like it has a thick skull, but still the attack was so direct and seemed to hit it quite hard (though it looked weak compared to other Focus Punches we've seen) and yet it took away so few points. They should have had it take away and lot and then just cut out or have Skitty dodge most other attacks it was hit by in the battle.

The Hyper Beams were incredibly weak, I can't recall ever seeing ones before that were so small and did so little damage to the surrounding area (just look at the Hyper Beam used by Dusclops in the sixth movie for comparison.)

Everyone's powers seemed just so screwed up against each other, and without any explanations. If they had explained strange effects more like they usually do this would have been better.

The most awful thing is that they could have had Skitty win the battle well if the writers had simply had May use one of those clever strategies the writers are usually so good at. Heck, knocking the Will-O-Wisp back into Dusclops was a good start. They could have made it so Dusclops was badly Burned and all its attacks became much weaker because of it (a bit like in the games and believable for the anime). Instead we get a bunch of random saves from Assist (some made sense, some didn't) and an incredibly powerful Blizzard.

Finally, the animation wasn't much to look at. The attacks were generally simplistic in design and the Pokemon moved little during the battles. Normally this wouldn't be absolutely horrible, but here they made the poor battles even worse.

It had so much potential with its story and all but the poorly done battles and Skitty's appeal ruined it... If I had to say there was a bad Hoenn episode then this would be it simply given how much one expects from a Contest episode.

*is sad, but knows this episode is a big exception to the rule*

Geodude

Indigo said:
--Skitty never screwed up Blizzard, and now it does? That's a teeny bit unfair to May, even though she really isn't my favorite character.
Um, never? Two times previously is a bit of a small sample size, don't you think? -_- And at least it shuts up the annoying people who were complaining in the Delcatty ep thread about Skitty having learned Blizzard too quickly.

--Skitty really should've been done by the first two Hyper Beams. Pikachu would've been ready to collapse when put under that kind of pressure. Add that to the Focus Punches and Psychics Skitty endured...it just wasn't right.
I think Focus Punch did less damage than usual because Dusclops performed it as a ranged attack instead of the direct-contact punch we've seen before.

On a side-note, why does she always have to disguise herself in contests? No one but Ash and Co. know who she is, and if she's just trying to win a contest fairly like she was, they have nothing on her.
You just answered your own question. And did you not notice that Ash only blasted TR off after they tried to steal Dusclops?

I

Indigo

Geodude said:
Um, never? Two times previously is a bit of a small sample size, don't you think? -_-

Yeah, but in the episode it's supposed to shine in? No one told May that it might screw up. She had no idea. Whereas Ash's Pikachu screwed up a few times, and he had a chance to fix it. I don't believe I'm defending May, as I've never defended her before, but I am.

And at least it shuts up the annoying people who were complaining in the Delcatty ep thread about Skitty having learned Blizzard too quickly.

Ah, true. :D

I think Focus Punch did less damage than usual because Dusclops performed it as a ranged attack instead of the direct-contact punch we've seen before.

Even so, it seemed pretty damn unfair to me.

You just answered your own question. And did you not notice that Ash only blasted TR off after they tried to steal Dusclops?

Oh, I forgot about that...I guess that's true.

Edward Elric said:
*sigh* Why the hell would Haruka lose in every Contest she entered? And ONCE AGAIN, the games stats have NO INFLUENCE on the anime. Did you not notice Dusclops wasn't the beefy tank it is in the games?

You guys keep forgetting that in Contest battles, beating the crap out of the opponent is NOT the only way to win. You have to use style while using the right attacks. Skitty used stylish, yet strategic attacks to counter Dusclops' attacks. Dusclops attacks simply just required it to stand perfectly still and just fire off its attacks. Notice how its Hyper Beams and Focus Punches didn't drain much in points from Haruka. Plus she even countered a Focus Punch by having Skitty smack it with its tail.

Get over it, guys. This isn't the games where you can throw your statistics into it. We've seen a small Pokémon trash a much larger one PLENTY of times. I simply cannot understand how in the world an episode like this is so much worse than some others to you guys. e_e

Thank you for not answering one single thing in my post while "replying" to it, that is real helpful. Yeah, Pikachu has crushed bigger opponents before, as have ones attacking TR, but that was it before this. This episode was sickenly cheap and terrible. And until you give me a contradiction to one of my reasons, I will assume you secretly agree with me :D.

The Big Al

I just keeping Octo
Restaint used by Pokemon in contests has given as a reason. Yet I saw no restiant in Dusclops vs. Roselia or Dusclops vs. Dustox. Yet Timmy decides to take it easy on May? What logic are you people using.

I'm surprised how many people agreed with me this time.

Chris

Old Coot
Cloud Strife said:
Thank you for not answering one single thing in my post while "replying" to it, that is real helpful. Yeah, Pikachu has crushed bigger opponents before, as have ones attacking TR, but that was it before this. This episode was sickenly cheap and terrible. And until you give me a contradiction to one of my reasons, I will assume you secretly agree with me :D.
Look at your post again. Not one sentence there had any questions. So there wasn't any answering needed. You were using game statistics to try to back up your claims. I replied with the statement that GAME STATISTICS DO NOT APPLY TO THE ANIME WORLD. I don't care if you compare leveled Pokémon in the games to the anime. There are no levels in the anime. Dusclops was not the overpowered tank in the anime like it is in the games. Your logic was disproven.

And you also proved that there HAS been smaller Pokémon beating larger ones. You were making it sound like this was something shocking and unbelievable, as if it were something that's never happened before.

As for Blizzard, c'mon. No on knew Skitty's Blizzard would fail after it used it consider it didn't use it again in the episode it learned it. No one was able to predict that it hadn't mastered how to use Blizzard.

And yes, Focus Punch got less of an appeal from a long range, especially since it wasn't exactly stylish and it's been outdone by Skitty using its tail to deflect it and using String Shot to disintergrate it.

Kimimaro did not hold back on Haruka. As we see later on, Shuu isn't exactly a top-notch Coordinator that you all assume he is. He's not exactly perfect. Haruka used a Pokémon that no one's fought against that belonged to her. Plus who's to say a newly gained Pokémon is automatically weak? That sure wasn't the case for Treecko or Taillow. Skitty made better appeals than Duslops and used a better strategy. Kimimaro got too caught up in the battle and used straight out power to try to win, unlike when he did before.

Tamer Zack

SPP forgotten member
Timmy is ugly he should of kept his mask on at all time. Pretty much the only good thing in this episode was Dustox and Jessie appeal as for the TC just bad they should of said which 1 of these pokemon is a Hoenn Ice Type.