1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

..::Disney's Ariel:: Done in MS Paint::..

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Kaiviti, Feb 27, 2006.

1. Kaiviti

Kaiviti Polynesian*

helloooooo
    wow its been ages since I've posted in the art thread.
    well then heres a little piccy done in Microsoft Paint.
    Ariel from Disney's The Little Mermaid, my favourite character not to mention one of my favourite Disney films ever!!!

[​IMG]

aaah I love Ariel *__*​

2. Thats an awesome picture. The lines are very nice, and the colors are perfect. The style is also very Disney too. I love the jewels you added into her hair and onto her arm. One crtique I have is that there is minimal to no shading on places, and that was probably intentional, but I think it would look even better with a lot of shading. Overall, good job!

3. Kaiviti

Kaiviti Polynesian*

Thank you, glad you like my piccy!! Yeah i didnt want to put alot of shading, since Disney doesnt do alot...i think. Its quite different from anime where you have heaps of shading!! But thankies once again.
    I am also on Deviant art under the name Euro-Nesian ^^

4. superjolteon

superjolteon TEH-MEH!!!

I'm just wondering about something. Did you use a graphics tablet to draw that pic? Or just a mouse? Because, if you did use a mouse I'm wondering how to get better and smoother lines if thats possible! My lines tend to be slightly jaggy which I don't want. I use this software program called GIMP which is similar to Photoshop and is free. Would love to have a graphics tablet but quality does come at a price.

Nice smooth lines and colour by the way! Looks like you spent quite a long time to get that quality in MSPaint. Well done!

5. Kand@ [ カンダ ]

Kand@ [ カンダ ] ☆★ カンダ コトブキ ★☆

Hmm I hate you, you're so talented * cries *
    No I joke, I really like this drawing, as all of your works! :D
    Never stop pleaz! =)

6. unownmew

unownmew Banned

WOAH!
    That's awesome artwork! Stunningly well done. I like it, alot.

7. Mimori Kiryu

Mimori Kiryu Well-Known Member

I love this. The Little Mermaid was one of my favorite Disney movies. ^_^ I love it a lot. <3 Keep on going, because you rock. xD

8. Metal Force

Metal Force o^_^o PWNZOME

it's cool & awesome !!!:D:D:D:D you are very talented .... i wish i was like you ..

9. Kaiviti

Kaiviti Polynesian*

Thankies

superjolteon : I use a mouse ^^ besides is a graphic tablet that thingy that u use like a pencil...similar to a touch pad?? Well getting smooth lines is always a challenge, but in MS Paint i use the line that u can bend and curve. Thats what i use to get smooth lines!! ^^ I hope that helped if not then dont hesistate to PM me if you wish lol

Kand@ [ カンダ ] : aaah Kand@ you are always too sweet to me!! I LOVE your artwork. Its sooo unique...i just well..i dont have a unique style..I envy you and your talents!! xxxxxxxxx

unownmew : Thankies happy you like my piccy!!

Mimori Kiryu : yuppers, its also my favourite film, i love it sooo much!! Thankies for the comments!!! ^^

Metal power : lol* Thanks Metal power ^^

10. AV_ROcK-Dark-TB

AV_ROcK-Dark-TB Fear the light.

Yeah,I have to say that It's just Perfect Awsome..no not Awsome It's just unbeliveble:):D

11. Kutie Pie

Kutie Pie "It is my destiny."

Wow! It looks just like her! Did you use a picture to get that detail (besides the jewels) or did you do it from memory? This is good! If I was to draw her, she'd look more anime than what Disney did. Good drawing! I'd love to see more of either Airel or whoever you like!

You have a very advanced talent of art and I hope you think of it as a blessing. (My parents say my art's more of an advanced anime drawing.) And if you were a teenager or younger (older's good too) then I'm impressed! Keep it up!

~~~~~~~~~
    ♥Kutie Pie♥ Please be kind to midgets!

12. haruka~

haruka~ Spikeshell Trainer

That's awesome. =0
    I love all the details you added. ^^
    The style is very Disney-ish too. =)
    I think the waist looks too thin, but she's probably supposed to be like that.

13. Jason Park

Jason Park The Steel Master

Ah, The Little Mermaid. :D That was a good movie and your drawing certainly lives upto its greatness! It's awesome. I can't really find flaws to criticize about. :p

14. Peach

Peach Well-Known Member

That one is so beatiful <3

I love the jewellery and her hair there =D

15. *Bashamo*

*Bashamo* Hates his username.

Your art puts millions of words to comment on your work.
    Ill try to pick one.
    Potatoes.
    DOH NOT THAT ONE!! >_<;
    Ill try for seven.
    Oh my god your art is stunning!
    There, backed that up pretty well, huh? XD
    More! MORE!

16. ZOMBIE!

ZOMBIE! Well-Known Member

you know my opinion.
    you know how i feel about this.
    and thats the end of it.

&& incase you've forgotten.. I LOVE IT =D!!!!!
    <33333333 hope your feeling better now =)

17. VampirateMace

VampirateMace Internet Overlord

very nice, the're right it could use more shading, save the original though.

18. Sailor Universe

Sailor Universe Vroom vroom!

I love it, it's really done nice! She looks very Disney indeed ;) Ariel has always been one of my favourite cartoon characters.

19. ~Mist~

~Mist~ revolutionary~

It's so pretty, Kaiviti! I adore The Little Mermaid! =D

Anyway, you did a terrific job on it! *rates five stars* ^__^

20. superjolteon

superjolteon TEH-MEH!!!

Ah i see! So you use this all the way do you? Pretty handy technique I can see. Hmm, thanks!