• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Disobedant Monferno?

gpt11

i dont think its gunna disobay ash as such i could see it getting too over confident thinking it can win the battle by itself more along the same lines as buizel with dawn

platinum breeder

Maybe Monoferno's problem will be that it will be too hard/hot to handle.

My thoughts exactly, or maybe it will just want to battle anyone and everyone just to prove its strong, just like Paul wanted it to be (the scene with the zangoose).

Seviper

I'd like Monferno to behave agressively or something like that as a result of his traumatic experience with Paul, making a darkish character be on the main team, but I doubt the writers'd write such thing.

MLock47

i cant see monferno being disobedient. ash is too experienced now. the only problem i can see is monferno mastering blaze. other than that id like it to be bad*** like charizard by the time it gets to infernape. i also see it learning mach punch if it evolves much like grovyle learnt leaf blade.

Dax

Legend
Can I ask where the Blaze thing come from? I see everyone talking about Chimchar not being able to master his blaze ability but so far I don't think that has been touched in the anime. It was never specified it was Blaze in the first place or that Chimchar had problem mastering it.

I don't get it so if it really happened I will like to know when because I missed it.:(

richard

Fire Master
I don't see Monferno being disobedient at all. I don't want to see a repeat of Charizard.

Aquadon

TCG Trainer
I think they did everything they could do:

Charmeleon not obeing...
Sceptile can't attack...
Turtwig biting his head...
Buizel being stubbern...
Aipom (before switch) taking Ash's hat...

What else?

A lazy Monferno maybe?

You have no idea how appropriate they could make that. After all, Monferno DOES learn "Slack Off"

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
one thing i do hope is that if it does become Infernape they don't throw a defect on it like they did the last two times(Charizard being disobeidiant, Sceptile being unable to attack), I hope it's ready to kick butt from the get go instead of being held back due to a dumb problem.

Well Chimchar does kinda have a problem already with it needing pressure/being injured in order to unleash its strength. Maybe evolving would fix that?

But in terms of obedience, considering that Ash has a strong bond with Chimmy that's actually been touched upon, I don't think we'll see a disobedient Monferno/Infernape.

Kanto Trio

Must Defeat Dent!
I hope Ash does not end up with a disobedient Monferno. I didn't like how Ash's Charmeleon/Charizard was disobedient, and I don't want to see a repeat of this with Monferno. Anyways, since Ash is a lot more experienced now than he was when Charmander evolved into Charmeleon I think Monferno won't be disobedient.

FlygonMaster

i dont want chimchar to disobey ash but it is a very high possibility because ash isnt the ot and neither was charmander so that might have a link

Raddaya

My Little Ponyta
Nah, it won't be "disobedant", but it may be disobedient.

uber gon

Accept Change
Monferno may not be disobedient, but he might become something like Transmetals 2 Cheetor in Beast Wars.

flyboy1308

Coming Ta Town
hope not.
Maybe it could be kinda dumb when it evolves? That could be it's "thing".

FlygonMaster

i think it would be cool if it had an agressive side in battle but when not battling it would be nice or something it would be funny but i want it to be lazy or do a dance like totodile