• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Disturbing Pokemon

Despite the fact that Pokemon is a kid's game, there never fails to be a few somewhat disturbing instances in the game. We probably all remember Lavender Town, the Cubone's dead mother's ghost and the fact Cubone is wearing the skull of the aforementioned dead mother. That's just one disturbing instance, but...

I was reading Yamask's Pokedex entries just a few minutes ago and I am actually pretty creeped out by then, which is saying something since I'm not usually creeped out by kid's stories. But the Pokedex states that Yamask is 'a spirit of a dead person, it retains memories of its last life, it carries a mask that used to be its face and it sometimes looks at it cries.' No need to explain why that's just a bit disturbing...

But Yamask's design actually isn't very creepy, it's too cartoony, but I've actually been picturing it looking more realistic; a more realistic spirit from beyond the graves, a more realistic mask with a more realistic face, an actual dead person... I mean, can you imagine a Yamask with Michael Jackson's or Amy Winehouse's face as its mask?

So anyhow... Discuss any other disturbing Pokemon or instances you might have come across.

Lavender Town is the only thing that disturbs me in Pokemon and the whole thing about Cubone. And it's tune when you enter it to boot. Then theres the Ghost from Pokemon Creepy Black... don't get me started.

The mysteries of nostalgic Kanto are the most disturbing, though I was a bit disturbed by the Rotom story at the Old Chateau.

But pretty much all of the newer gens make me feel better about Pokemon and forget those nasty disturbances.

Last edited:

Atratus

Antimatter Trainer
Litwick pretend to guide people around by illuminating darkened areas, while really sucking away their life energy with its light and leading them to the Ghost World.
Lampent visit dying people and steal spirit from the body
Drifloon usually try to grab children in attempts to bring them to the underworld
Haunter hide in very dark places, where they plot to take the life of the next living thing that comes near. It then silently stalks its victims.

Really, the very concept of ghost pokemon is kind of disturbing when you think about it.

Bluebird55

Mr. Blue Skyyyy
The tower in Pokemon Red/Blue/Leafgreen/Firered (I forgot the name of it) it's where gastly is, it's quite morbid.

And also Mewtwo, I saw it in the Movie when it was out in 1999, I can't really shake off Mewtwo speaking.

Schade

Metallic Wonder
I found it kinda disturbing when my Rival in HG suddenly started undressing me while I tried to infiltrate Team Rocket in the Radio Tower

Zappy!

Fly Birdy, Fly!
Shedinja - "A discarded bug shell that came to life. Peering into the crack on its back is said to steal one's spirit."

Well, isn't that just delightful?

UltimateVictini

DittoMustWinPrez ⌐_⌐
I found it kinda disturbing when my Rival in HG suddenly started undressing me while I tried to infiltrate Team Rocket in the Radio Tower

xD^ Wow, same here :b . Well, I found it disturbing when I watched the Pokemon b/w TV show episode with trubbish in it. Ashs' pokedex gave really weird data on it...

Truly Deceptive

It is I: ME!
Hot Skitty On Wailord Action.

Cratess

Ghostbuster
Amoonguss

/thread

disposable_heroes

<- Best PKMN Ever
Chandelure's flames suck out the souls of people and Pokemon that touch it. Now what if these Dex entries had an effect in the game? and given the fact that it has Flame Body...

And also Jellicent, the ship-sinker. Ships vanishing without a trace.

Schade

Metallic Wonder
Frillish creeps me out, with their cute snuggly smiles and evil demonic pokedex-entries

Garch0mp0utrage

SemiPokemonUnMaster
Cofagrigas' description just completely freaks me out.. It says that if you get too close to it, it devours you. Gamfreak made this practically for all ages, so what's with these crazy descriptions?

Also, the fact that Cofagrigas eats gold just bugs me.. You'll NEVER get MY gold cofagrigas!!

...too bad I don't have any xP

Jonah the Slaking

Couch-bound Warrior
Darkrai and Chandelure come to mind. Darkrai puts the targets to sleep for eternity, even if it doesn't mean to. Chandelure steals a person's soul, then BURNS it.