• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Disturbing Pokemon

MeltingCORE

In all honesty, the Chandelure line. Now, I may not believe in souls, but the idea that Chandelure is capable of sucking and burning someone's soul right out of their body is pretty disturbing despite that.\

"Whisper" <--- Yep. This person is right, Pokemon has gotten really twisted when Pokemon like this can erase you from existence. Why do I even like Chandelure?

Also, like others have mentioned, Spiritomb is pretty disturbing. Why would anyone want to own 108 evil spirits?

Victory

Banned
Amoonguss is a Pig Mushroom thing...That's not wierd at all...

gunbomb90

NickR3ita
Lavender town...I remembered how creepy that mother cubone was when I was a lil kid

Mister Melancholy

Valetshipping ♥
Oh gosh, the Old Chateau. I was playing Pokemon Diamond at night and of course was dumb enough to go inside a haunted house. The man in the kitchen and that little girl who drops TM Substitute really freaked me out.

Josef Stylin

I want to dye
Crimson Darkness said:
No, not the wings.

You shouldn't make people see the problem for themselves if it's obvious that they can't see it.

For another words, just say what's so disturbing about it if people can't seem to tell.

-Xen-

Oh gosh, the Old Chateau. I was playing Pokemon Diamond at night and of course was dumb enough to go inside a haunted house. The man in the kitchen and that little girl who drops TM Substitute really freaked me out.

On that note, it's kinda creepy thar Rotom can take control of electronic devices. I'm never sleeping near my fan again....

Melsurigan

Iron Fist of Despair
I find it very unsettling that I can catch Pokemon that look human.

I mean, if Pokemon existed in real life and you caught a Jynx, can you imagine going back and thinking "Did I seriously just catch a blonde Oprah?"

-Xen-

I mean, if Pokemon existed in real life and you caught a Jynx, can you imagine going back and thinking "Did I seriously just catch a blonde Oprah?"

Can I sig quote this? xD

Squiddly Dee

∈ (⊙ ⊖ ⊙) ∋

I totally agree! Jynx is SO creepy. So are Throh and Sawk.

...Man, now I want to sig quote this, too. XD

Squiddly Dee

∈ (⊙ ⊖ ⊙) ∋
Are Throh and Sawk born with clothes? The world may never know....

I sure hope not...how would that work, anyway? Are the clothes part of their bodies? Do they create them somehow?
THE WORLD WILL NEVER KNOW.

Creeper

om nom nom
I sure hope not...how would that work, anyway? Are the clothes part of their bodies? Do they create them somehow?
THE WORLD WILL NEVER KNOW.

Well, we have normal people who say it's a part of their bodies, and we have hentai happy people saying it's not.

Your choice.

Sawk and Throh make the belts out of vines in the wild, so that can extend to clothes.

Squiddly Dee

∈ (⊙ ⊖ ⊙) ∋
Well, we have normal people who say it's a part of their bodies, and we have hentai happy people saying it's not.

Your choice.

Sawk and Throh make the belts out of vines in the wild, so that can extend to clothes.

OH, GOD. XDD
True, but how would they have the belts inside their eggs?
Come to think of it, how do they even hatch from eggs...?

Mewkachu

Sexuality is a cult.
Despite the fact that Pokemon is a kid's game, there never fails to be a few somewhat disturbing instances in the game. We probably all remember Lavender Town, the Cubone's dead mother's ghost and the fact Cubone is wearing the skull of the aforementioned dead mother. That's just one disturbing instance, but...

I was reading Yamask's Pokedex entries just a few minutes ago and I am actually pretty creeped out by then, which is saying something since I'm not usually creeped out by kid's stories. But the Pokedex states that Yamask is 'a spirit of a dead person, it retains memories of its last life, it carries a mask that used to be its face and it sometimes looks at it cries.' No need to explain why that's just a bit disturbing...

But Yamask's design actually isn't very creepy, it's too cartoony, but I've actually been picturing it looking more realistic; a more realistic spirit from beyond the graves, a more realistic mask with a more realistic face, an actual dead person... I mean, can you imagine a Yamask with Michael Jackson's or Amy Winehouse's face as its mask?

So anyhow... Discuss any other disturbing Pokemon or instances you might have come across.
Or scarier.. Jim Morrison!
In any case, Lavender Town is creepy and.. That doll pokemon that seeks revenge on its owner who abused it. Worthy cause but creepy.