• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Disturbing Pokemon

Princess Raspberyl

~Shining One~
The fact that Metagross crushes its prey with it body, then eats it while it's helpless. Now, Metagross weighs 1212.5 pounds (not including Light Metal if that changes anything) and its teeth are steel, which look very sharp.

I feel sorry for the Pokemon that are consumed by Metagross. :(

...I will never be able to look at Metagross the same way again... O+O

Kian D

Grandmaster of time

PokeSonic

The Pluvius
Thanks for the correction~
Ah, I saw that article a while ago, but we need to always remember that most of the time dangerous=/=disturbing
For example, did anyone here see "Horton hears a who" before? There's this ADORABLE pink lamb/buffalo thing, later on in the movie, it gets.... disturbing...
If you've seen the movie before you'll know what I mean~

aavr1992

Johto Dominator
Honestly I find drifloon and drifblim prett unsettling, as well as the gastly family. In fact, most of the ghost pokemon are rather unsettling. Gastly surrounds its prey, which is often humans apparently, and suffocates them. Haunter haunts, gengar hides in your shadow until it's ready to eat you and your pikachu. Driflblim pretends to be a balloon and carries away small children. Misdreavus screams like a woman from a horror movie. Shuppet and Bannette are vengeful puppets.

Honestly, if you want pokemon to become immediately disturbing, imagine them as real animals instead of cutesy creatures. Imagine getting attacked by a pack of mightyena. Or swimming through the ocean and seeing sharpedo jet around you. Imagine coming too close to a braviary nest and getting dive bombed by a pissed off mother. What if you were walking through the grass and stepped on the tail of a seviper? I don't think that bite would heal very quickly. Getting mauled by a scyther.

Just think of the different pokemon moves, and then think of the pokemon. What would happen to you if a Weavile hit you with Night slash? Or if you were hit by scalding water from a frillish and dragged to the bottom of the ocean, helpless. This is what makes pokemon disturbing to me. I think about the pokemon world often as if it were real.

Waras

Writer
Back when I first got Ruby, I refused to look into Shedinja's back just in case. I like my soul the way it is, thanks. Also, be grateful for Poffin, Pokeblocks, and Pokemon food, or we'd have to get used to seeing the Circle of Life in Pokemon. Ick.

JFought

Sloooowly writing...
The first 3 volumes of Pokemon Adventures Manga. Apparently, it was made before the anime, so the author had DEATH in mind when it came to pokemon. Here are the Cases:

Blue's Charmeleon cuts an Arbok's head off in Chapter 14, That Awful Arbok!
Blue takes a Razor Wind to the heart and nearly dies in Chapter 29, Go for the Golbat
Red is almost eaten by a Victreebell at one point in Chapter 21, Long Live the Nidoking!, and Chapter 22, A Hollow Victreebell
Red witnesses the evolution ceremony of Weepinbell, which just happens to include sucking the blood of dead Pokemon in Chapter 22, A Hollow Victreebell
Sabrina kills Red's Eevee in Chapter 33, The Winged Legends
Blaine gets this freaky skin flap that points in the direction of Mewtwo in Chapter 34, And Mewtoo Too?!

Also, in Chapter 19 Blame it on Eevee!, While a Jolteon hits Red's Krabby with Thunderbolt, it makes an expression that gave me nightmares.

Poor Eevee. I will never look at Sabrina as a good guy ever again.

Cutty

Forever now
^Victreebell sounds really dangerous too.

Last edited:

synthetica

A Failed Experiment
The first 3 volumes of Pokemon Adventures Manga. Apparently, it was made before the anime, so the author had DEATH in mind when it came to pokemon. Here are the Cases:

Blue takes a Razor Wind to the heart and nearly dies in Chapter 29, Go for the Golbat
Red is almost eaten by a Victreebell at one point in Chapter 21, Long Live the Nidoking!, and Chapter 22, A Hollow Victreebell
Red witnesses the evolution ceremony of Weepinbell, which just happens to include sucking the blood of dead Pokemon in Chapter 22, A Hollow Victreebell
Blaine gets this freaky skin flap that points in the direction of Mewtwo in Chapter 34, And Mewtoo Too?!

Also, in Chapter 19 Blame it on Eevee!, While a Jolteon hits Red's Krabby with Thunderbolt, it makes an expression that gave me nightmares.

Both anime and manga started in 1997, anime in April and manga in August.

It seems you haven't read much of it, because Arbok actually survives the beheading, Eevee doesn't die (I don't even know how you got that idea.). Also, I don't see what's so creepy about Blaine, considering the story behind it.

Fabulous Ampharos

Pokemon Breeder :3

This is creepy pasta but worse ...

zozo

SLIMED!
^Victreebell sounds really dangerous too.

Well, Victreebel was always kind of dangerous even in the games, wasn't it? As these Pokedex entries* indicate:

Red/Blue Dex said:
Said to live in huge colonies deep in jungles, although no one has ever returned from there.

Yellow Dex said:
Lures prey with the sweet aroma of honey. Swallowed whole, the prey is melted in a day, bones and all.

Gold Dex said:
Acid that has dissolved many prey becomes sweeter, making it even more effective at attracting prey.

Crystal Dex said:
Once ingested into this Pokémon's body, even the hardest object will melt into nothing.

Diamond/Pearl Dex said:
It pools in its mouth a fluid with a honeylike scent, which is really an acid that dissolves anything.

All the gens seem to agree, Victrebell is one heck of a plant! Not the sort of thing you'd want to grow in your backyard.

And before anyone decides to point it out, yes, we all know that the dex entries have gotten a little fantastic at times, and that they're to be taken with a grain of salt. However, in Victreebel's case, there's enough consistency between all the generations to indicate that these particular dex entries are, on the whole, factual. So, I reiterate: Victrebel is one dangerous, BAD*** plant!

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
Ah Victreebel.

Anyway though, here is one disturbing pokemon that people don't really seem to kmow about.

Magikarp. Remember that in the Resort Area you could find Level 100 Magikarp? Well that swimmer seemed to be pretty distraught about it, and if you consider how big one of those Magikarp should be, it could easily swallow a person.