• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ditto Breeding

Status
Not open for further replies.

SasakiThePikachu

like pepsi cola
My friend tells me that a pokemon bred with a ditto as a parent won't be as healthy (stat-wise) as a pokemon bred from two non-ditto parents, or especially, two pokemon from its evo line.

So for example an eevee bred from a leafeon and a ditto won't be as good as an eevee bred from a leafeon and an espeon.

Is this true or is it a myth?? I can find every detail on ditto breeding on the internet but I can't find the answer to this o__O

S.Bustathedog

What's this for? ^
No that's not right what he means is that when you breed two pokemon together the parents IVs have an effect on the child's IVs. But as Ditto has IVs too then he should also have an effect on the child. I am not to sure on this so if I am wrong please forgive me I am still a bit rusty from my break.

10char, I think!

Last edited:

An00bis

Wicked Witch
Myth. They might be referring to the IVs of a Pokemon that are passed down to the child. If they are it doesn't matter whether the Pokemon are the same species, different species, or the species and Ditto more then it does the IVs of the parents but even if two parents have good IVs their child might be randomly be given a low IV stat. This was somewhat fixed in Heart Gold / Soul Silver where you can guarantee a child inherits one of their parent's stats ... but only one. The others are left to chance.

Another aspect is how fast the two Pokemon will make eggs. Pokemon from the same species (two Charmander) will make eggs faster then Pokemon from different egg groups (Charmander and Ditto). Another factor is whether or not the Pokemon were caught by the same Trainer as Pokemon from different Trainers make eggs faster then Pokemon from the same Trainers. So your Charmander and your friend's Ditto will make an Egg faster then Your Charmander and Your Ditto. You shouldn't worry too much about that because even two Pokemon who " Don't seem to get along " according to the Daycare Man can produce Pokemon with good IVs / Nature. It just might take longer.

Serebii's article on breeding. It just covers the basics, though.

SkittyOnWailord

☣ⓈⓀⒾⓉⓉⓎⓄⓃⓌⒶⒾⓁⓄⓇⒹ☣
Gameplay help questions go in the D/P/Pt Help Thread. Don't make a new thread for them. Read the Diamond/Pearl/Platinum Discussion Rules.

*Closes*

Status
Not open for further replies.