• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ditto+Everstone

SoDaMaN666

That Dark Side
The Nature Breeding still works, but I'm not quite sure if Ditto can do that...
Peace!

DarkSpectrum

Shadow Amongst Light
it still works in d/p but there is some problems with inter-gen breeding (i.e. breeding with a 3rd gen and a 4th gen parent that doesn't allow it to work).

Cross region breeding is also flawed, ive been testing it and it seems JP and US pokemon cant breed and pass on natures.

Scorpion1386

Lost Fan
I've read reports on GameFAQs that they're having trouble breeding the natures onto an offspring between two 4th Generation Pokemon parents.

Naetoru

#1 Naetoru Fan!
It works.

Take into account that Everstone Nature passing works with both Dittos who act as either parent and Female Pokemon. That means putting a Jolly Ditto and a Female Jolly Jolteon will give you a 50% chance of getting Jolly Eevee from your eggs. Using only Ditto or only the Female parent I believe only gives a 25% nature pass rate.

demigod

Cross region breeding is also flawed, ive been testing it and it seems JP and US pokemon cant breed and pass on natures.

This seems true. I tried breeding a JP ralts with a US ditto, 11 eggs and none were adamant. I had a feeling it was because of cross region so I took the baby ralts from the result and bred it with the ditto. Lo and Behold, 2 adamant ralts out of 4 eggs.

aipomkong

prophecy fulfilled
it still works in d/p but there is some problems with inter-gen breeding (i.e. breeding with a 3rd gen and a 4th gen parent that doesn't allow it to work).

3rd gen poke @ everstone + 4th gen poke seems to actually work.

My pal parked adamant Ditto @ Everstone + 4th gen Croagunk, has provided 20/38 Adamant babies. Including 6 Adamant ones in a row.

DarkSpectrum

Shadow Amongst Light
3rd gen poke @ everstone + 4th gen poke seems to actually work.

My pal parked adamant Ditto @ Everstone + 4th gen Croagunk, has provided 20/38 Adamant babies. Including 6 Adamant ones in a row.

There's been a few whine threads about it not working at least in the japanese version....specifically with 3rd gen dittos... even saw a thread on smogon about it....
More testing is needed!

Darkaj

Trainer of Legends
That's not true, Ak47, I got a Sudowoodo and a Chimchar from Japan and they bred just fine. My Bonsly is Bold i think....

Zer0xChan

Eevee Breeder
I've been using a timid ditto to breed Eevees. Out of 15 eggs I"d say 10 or 11 of them were timid. About the same percentage on breeding modest bagons. I haven't tried other types yet though.

tolore

out of curiosity does ditto have chances to pass down it's IV's as well? i remember a friend of mine talking about getting good IV diitos and i was wondering how exactly that worked.

Lunar

out of curiosity does ditto have chances to pass down it's IV's as well? i remember a friend of mine talking about getting good IV diitos and i was wondering how exactly that worked.

Yes, it works. I have a Ditto with a max IV in each stat. Just breed until you get a baby with the IV you want, then swap the ditto for the next IV. It takes a while to get multiple perfect IVs this way, but you can get 2-3 pretty easily if you're persistant.