• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ditto Passing Egg Moves?

Status
Not open for further replies.

oooo

I found out a way to teach Ditto any move - permanently, without hacking. Does anyone know if there is a way for it to pass these moves on as egg moves?

oooo

Using the trainer house, I had my ditto transform into a smeargle (who knew sketch and and attack move), defeat it, and then use sketch to copy tackle from the next poke. After battle, it knew tackle instead of transform. Has anyone else tried this? Can ditto then pass on whatever it learned as an egg move?
By the way, one can use this to truly teach Mew any move (except selfdestruct)

FastTonyDeNiro

I'm pretty sure only TM moves are passed on through an egg. That or specific "egg moves" that each pokemon can learn when mated with an other certain pokemon.

So no, you couldn't pass on tackle to another pokemon, since it's not a TM move.

surfer treecko

Highly Explosive
Can't pokemon learn "egg moves" no matter what it has bred with, as long as it has the move?

Then again, I'm not sure if Ditto can pass on any moves at all.

Ditto cannot pass any moves, if I remember correctly.

Status
Not open for further replies.