• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ditto theory.

MusicMan

Fire Master
I think Team Rocket created Ditto, because they wanted a clone of Mew but they failed ...

Shazdar

Why is blue?
I think this idea could be true. I think that it is funny that a failed clone of a pokemon that can't breed can breed with a huge amount of pokemon.

DragoniteRules1

Pokemon Breeder
That is an interesting theory, but Ditto's Dex Color is purple, and Mew is pink but Mewtwo is purple. And they are also the same weight.

Charze

Always flyin'
My mind is definitely blown XD that works for me. It sounds believable and makes a lot of sense.

Smeargle can transform too. Also Ditto is purple and not pink, the rest are most probably just coincidences.

Schade

Metallic Wonder
It is an interestin theory, indeed. Also, one of the scientists in their hideout use a Ditto (HGSS) although, I bet that has nothing to do with anything

dyna

Ditto could have been a mass product for team rocket to create an army.
Why would you constantly steal pokemon when you can just duplicate 1 pokemon endless times?

But they rejected ditto because even though it could transform into every pokemon, it was weak and only knew the moves that pokemon it transformed into knew.

Halros

Ace trainer
ummmm wow i never knew they had soo much in common , umm soooo?

Torosiken

This is a title.
I really like this theory. :3

And I am thinking that... If Pokemon is real... Mew is actually able to breed with any Pokemon. It's the ancestor and anyway it can transform
But it's not like mew want to breed anyway

However... the game making Mew unbreedable so we can't get other babies from Mew. Thus making it unique.

Sarcastic Oshawott

Wow such forum
This is one of the only Pokemon theories I think has any strength behind it. All of the points are legitimate. However, I still think it's a bunch of hocus-pocus.

Mr.FusRoDah

So Ditto is a fileted Mew...

How did Tyrogue's bloodline come into existence, how did Sawk and Throh make babies, and how did Rufflet survive?

I mean, with no females of their species, before the existence of Ditto?

Wishing Star

Astral Charm Owner
So Ditto is a fileted Mew...

How did Tyrogue's bloodline come into existence, how did Sawk and Throh make babies, and how did Rufflet survive?

I mean, with no females of their species, before the existence of Ditto?

How does Ditto even breed with these male- and female-only species? I mean, Ditto is supposed to Transform into the opposite gender of the Pokémon with which it's mating, but...

Cutty

Forever now
^ It doesnt transform in the Daycare.

Does Ditto even have a soul?
I dunno who I should feel sorry for, Mew or Ditto.

Interesting theory btw.

Mr.FusRoDah

I think Tyrogue could have been a labratory experiment, Braviary's genes are now defective and no longer produce females, so they need Dittos to survive as a species thus the Unovan Gov't may have captive bred a large number of Rufflets and released them when they were strong enough in some areas, but Sawk and Throh are the real oddballs. Unless they are some sort of lab experiment that now runs loose in Unova, Idk how they got there or how they continue to exist as an all male species.

5sniperwolf

ToxicFlame-Breeder
mind blown in 3, 2 , 1 o_O Its a nice theory, and i dont know if its true but it would be amazing if it is a real fact =O