• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dittos in Daycare!

How high has your breeding ditto gotten?

• I don't breed with dittos/at all

Votes: 3 8.3%
  • level 65-70

Votes: 3 8.3%
  • 71-75

Votes: 2 5.6%
  • 76-80

Votes: 5 13.9%
  • 81-85

Votes: 2 5.6%
  • 85-90

Votes: 5 13.9%
  • 91-99

Votes: 4 11.1%
  • LEVEL 100 JUST FROM DAYCARE!!!!!

Votes: 12 33.3%

• Total voters

Pikafleg

Twenty-Six!
Most people who breed pokemon have used dittos, and since they are so frequently used people often leave them there. So I'm wondering if your ditto has been able to gain a ton of levels due to just being left in the daycare, particularly if you are hatching different eggs and thus doing a LOT of bike riding with them in the daycare the whole time. For me, I once got a ditto in B2 up to level 86 before I took it out, and it started at level 63- not the most levels, but at such HIGH levels like that it still is a ton of walking! How about you all?

Pikafleg

Twenty-Six!
hey, um I just realized that this should go in the poke polls section of this general pokemon forum...sorry! Could a mod possibly move this for me? Thank you, and I'm sorry, my bad! :)

DigitalH

My Pkm-White Ditto is still in the daycare and it's at level 100, it was sixty something when I put it in there. I've hatched lots off eggs but, it mostly leveled up from me fighting wild Pokemon and trying to get shaking spots to appear. In Platinum, my Ditto is also at level 100, just from leaving it in the daycare.

Necro101

Well, my Ditto was around level thirty when I left it in the day-care in 2005-6 in Emerald. Then, in 2007 it went to Diamond. Now, it's in White since end 2011 and it is level 98 or higher (it may be 99 or 100 by now). It gained most of it's levels in Diamond. It was level 87 before I brought it to white (was caught in Emerald). It has been through every regions, since I brought it in Soul Silver for a bit. It has been in Kanto, Jotoh, Hoenn, Sinnoh and Unova. Cool eh?!

RAWK ON

Last edited:

ParaChomp

be your own guru
I has multiple Ditto but one of them has reached triple digits.

Flying Weasel

Mine was maybe only 20 and now it's in the 70's I think. I can't wait to get the dream world one though so I can actually use him for once.

I caught my ditto at level 26. He is currently at level 66. He hasn't entered a single battle.

Cutty

Forever now
I got my dittos to lv 100 many times, especially if my MM hunts go stubborn. But lately I prefer to use the same species pokemon for breeding.

Rakansen

ラルフ
I haven't gotten a Ditto yet in my Black 2 game, but in my other games my Ditto usually reaches around the 70s. Once, a Ditto reached Lv. 80, I believe it was in my Pearl game.

DigitalH

Also have one in Heart Gold at level 100, leveled up in the daycare, I think it's still in there but i'm not sure, remember taking one out of the daycare but, not what game it was from hg or Platinum.

McNugget

The Bassist
Mine was around 30 or something and now it is in it's 90s from just leaving it there. I don't even breed with it always. Sometimes it just gains levels by itself. Derping in the corner of the Day Care.

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
Level 50-ish when I put it into the daycare, and it reached lv 100 before I get even a single shiny from all those eggs lol

Rakurai

I only use them for the sake of getting a nature onto a Pokemon of the appropriate gender for breeding purposes, so they seldom get to level much at all.

Ditto B1tch

I just don't breed with Ditto because EM's cannot be passed at all, so it's not that useful in my viewpoint, unless I try to obtain a specific nature. Anyways, I'm not used to use Ditto at breeding.

Jabu

Dropped my Ditto in around 30 and it is 79 right now. I usually use Ditto for nature, not much else.

wobbanut

Team Awesome
When I was MM breeding for my shiny wingull, ditto was level 63 and wingull was 30. They're now levels 94 and 72. If I start breeding for shiny wynaut/Wobbuffet, I'm 100% sure ditto will reach level 100.