• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Diversity in Writing

Sheill

I also thought a lot about diversity in creativity at some point. Like everyone else, when I started writing, I could also make characters that look like me or my best-exaggerated version. To develop new characters that will not just be impersonal blanks but distinctive characters with features that I don't have, I began to study books on psychology, if not strange. After reading a massive amount of material, I wrote short stories in essay formats on behalf of some character with an assembly of traits and features that I do not have. It helped me so much to work out first a new character and then his view of the world around him. The most challenging thing is to make heroes with disabilities, the world is not perfect, and it's not shameful to have, for example, a friend of the main character with autism or other deviation. It is important not to offend people with your fake image but to show that this is our life, which is sometimes not ideal. When I made such a hero, I read many works about this disease and tried to notice the features that only they have. You can continue to read more about this on many resources simply by googling. It is important to remember that we are all the same, and the heroes of our stories are also people, but just dummies with given parameters.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Tbh it's not that hard for me to write characters that aren't my sexuality, gender or race. Writing is acting in a play and writing characters that aren't me.

I can write things I don't know because I can research it. I have a character who has selective mutism and knows sign language, but I don't. So, I research it. It's not hard for me, and I have 44 ocs in my current work (not all my ocs have been written yet).