• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Divide all 900+ Pokemon into Regional Dexes of 150 (151)

Lord Godwin

The Lord of Darkness
So as we have over 900 Pokemon species, how would you divide them into 6 Regional dexes 150 (od 151) each?
If you want to use alt forms (Regional, Megas, Gigantamax etc) you can even create around 7 Dexes. Have fun!
maxresdefault.jpg

Pokefan_1987

Avid Pokemon TCG Card collector.
Honestly you would have to be a type of Philomath (obsessed with learning with math and numbers) to actually consider re-arranging the pokedexes.
It's already a delicate balance and memorizing everyone just aint easy.

But i would probably give Sinnoh a few more fire types that BDSP didn't add like Turtonator, Salandit Line, Alolan Cubone line, and the more fire starters. Also add Sylveon into BDSP Sinnoh.

Man Sinnoh really had it extremely rough for fire types. Johto also had big problem with a lack of Ghost types.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Honestly you would have to be a type of Philomath (obsessed with learning with math and numbers) to actually consider re-arranging the pokedexes.
It's already a delicate balance and memorizing everyone just aint easy.

But i would probably give Sinnoh a few more fire types that BDSP didn't add like Turtonator, Salandit Line, Alolan Cubone line, and the more fire starters. Also add Sylveon into BDSP Sinnoh.

Man Sinnoh really had it extremely rough for fire types. Johto also had big problem with a lack of Ghost types.

A lot of the older regions were lacking in some of the rarer types like Ice, Ghost, and Dragon. You might run into that problem no matter which way you slice it. Not sure, I'd have to do some math to figure out if you can divide them evenly and still end up with enough of them for each type.

EDIT: I can already see the answer is no. I looked at the Dragon type and there are only 43 fully evolved Dragon types in the entire National Dex. You'd need 48 in order to even be able to make a full team of 6 in each region, so we're a bit short.

Last edited:

Monox D. I-Fly

What if we trade some Water of Grass types from Kanto with Ghost and Dragon types from other regions?

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
What if we trade some Water of Grass types from Kanto with Ghost and Dragon types from other regions?

Is this a response to me? If so, then it wouldn't help. I haven't checked Ghost, but certainly for Dragon it's mathematically impossible. As I said in my last post, there are 43 fully evolved Dragons. If we divided those evenly into all 8 regions, that would be 43/8 = 5 per region, with 3 regions getting 6. There's simply not enough Dragons in the entire National Dex to go around.

AgentKallus

It's not a game Kate.
I'll do one dex at time but here goes, (they are based more around themes of what could live in one region together rather than type balance, I also don't want to use all my favourites at one!)

Dex - 1
1-3: Rowlet line (Hisuian)
4-6: Cyndaquil line (Johtonian)
7-9: Piplup line
10-12: Weedle line
13-15: Sewaddle line
16-17: Snom line
18-19: Nickit line
20-22: Swinub line
23-24: Seel line
25: Shuckle
26-27: Bergmite line
28: Togedemaru
29-30: Crabrawler line
31-32: Voltorb line (Hisuian)
32-34: Skwovet line
35: Stonjourner
36-38: Sizzlipede line
39-40: Gossifleur line
40-42: Rookidee line
43: Stunfisk (Unovan)
44: Bruxish
45: Dhelmise
46-47: Pineco line
48-49: Rockruff line
50-51: Pansage line
52-53: Pansear line
54-55: Pansour line
56-57: Finneon line
58: Absol
59-61: Happiny line
62-65: Oddish line
66-68: Slowpoke line (Galarian)
69: Qwilfish (Johtonian)
70-72: Tympole line
73-74: Frillish line
75-76: Phantump line
77-79: Lillipup line
80-82: Axew line
83-84: Skiddo line
85-86: Larvesta line
86-88: Budew line
89-90: Joltik line
91-93: Machop line
94-96: Cubchoo line
97-98: Morelull line
99: Chatot
100: Minior
101-103: Burmy line
104-105: Espurr line
106-107: Rufflet line (Hisuian)
108-110: Snorunt line
111: Audino
112-113: Swablu line
114-115: Mankey line
116-117: Meowth line (Galarian)
117-119: Teddiursa line
120-122: Roggenrola line
123: Unown
124-125: Corphish line
126-127: Tentacool line
128-130: Clamperl line
131-132: Feebas line
133: Kyogre
134: Groudon
135: Rayquaza
136-137: Tyrunt line
138-139: Cranidos line
140-142: Honedge line
143-144: Milcery line
145-147: Goomy line (Kalosian)
148-149: Wailmer line
150-151: Meltan line

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
With BDSP Sinnoh, I’d give it the Platinum Dex and the add the following Pokémon with locations and methods they can be found: Mimikyu (to give the impression that it is actually more common than previously thought and can be found in almost every region with Unova being the exception), Darumaka (both forms with Zen Mode Darmanitan’s forms depending if you find one in the lower levels of Mt Coronet or near the summit), Alolan Vulpix and Sandshrew (found on the routes leading to Snowpoint City), Sylveon, Litwick line (Old Chateau with Chandelure occasionally being disguised as chandeliers and suddenly dropping down to attack), Alolan Raichu (replaces the German Magikarp trade), and Meltan/Melmetal.