• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Divided Life: A One shot

Mewmie the shiny Mew

=Cute+Power+Smart
I know it's short, but I'm new at this. It's told from the view point of a Mew so it is going to sound childish. I hope you like it!

I began over … well, a long time ago. I was a Mew, and a shiny Mew at that. I was young, around a hundred years. Well young for a Mew. My heart belonged to an Absol. The Pokemon of light and good and the disaster Pokemon. Not a common couple. We were different, but I digress.
Ho-oh was my mentor, but more like a father because all my family was killed. I was the only Mew left and one of the few shinies, but shinies were always rare.
As Ho-oh taught me, I would stare off into space in Earth’s direction, feeling the pain. One day, I asked Ho-oh about it. He told me about the Earth’s humans. How they kill ruthlessly. How they are the ones how killed my family. How they were going to destroy themselves in the near future. If not them, Ho-oh would have to put them out of their misery and keep them for killing me. It was Ho-oh’s job to keep me safe so we could rebuild the population of Mew and other legendaries that needed help.
After Ho-oh told me about Earth, I watched and felt more closely than ever. The more I felt, the clearer my dreams got. I saw huge steel birds and fish even bigger than Wailord! I told Ho-oh about them and he looked even worse than before. He told me it was called “technology.” One of the fish had recently scarred his sister Lugia. As the humans gained technology, they lost love. As they gained intelligence, they lost care. Ho-oh said that they were quickly loosing hope, too. I told him that there would always be hope, no matter how little, it’s still there. Absol and my other friends agreed with me. Ho-oh merely gave a sad laugh at the idea. He was mad at the humans for hurting Lugia. He thought negatively towards them because of that. My whole family had been killed by them, but I’m too positive.
I wanted to help the humans, as I did for Pokemon. Absol and I had to think of a way to teach the humans, again, to love. I knew how to do it, too. The humans couldn’t know we were Pokemon or we’d be killed. Pokemon hadn’t been in contact with humans for thousands of years. The only way for us to be able to teach them was for us to look like them. I could transfer our spirits into humans, young ones so that the parents wouldn’t be able to tell a difference in personality. I knew it was risky, though, because I wasn’t sure how we’d be able to get back. Not all of us wanted to take the risk. Plus how angry Ho-oh would be when we got back…. Only four of us were willing: me (of course), Absol, a Mudkip, and an Eevee. It was flawless, or so I thought.
Now, about fourteen years after coming here, here we are; four Pokemon spirits inside human bodies among trillions of cruel, ruthless humans. We have still not made much, if any, progress. We are rejected in society which is more proof of Earth’s worsening. We may be safe from Ho-oh because he can’t risk losing me, but we are not at all safe from the humans.
I am starting to wish that I had never come to this horrible place.
I want to go back.
Back where I belong.
Back.
Home.

;151;

duncan

Not bad for your first try. But it needs some work.

I began over … well, a long time ago. I was a Mew, and a shiny Mew at that. I was young, around a hundred years. Well young for a Mew. My heart belonged to an Absol. The Pokemon of light and good and the disaster Pokemon. Not a common couple. We were different, but I digress.

This would sound much better if it was something like a letter. If it's not...Well it could still work. Just not very well.

He was mad at the humans for hurting Lugia.

Pokemon hadn’t been in contact with humans for thousands of years.

Erm, if Mew was only a hundred years old how would it know of something that happened to Lugia thousands of years ago? O_O

Another thing is the spacing. Make sure to double space to make it easier on the eyes.

Sorry for the short review, but this was kind of short after all. XD Not much I can say, seeing as it was written from Mew's POV. I'm looking forward to seeing what you do next!

Mewmie the shiny Mew

=Cute+Power+Smart
To tell the truth, I've got no idea what I'm going to do next, if anything.
About Lugia, the humans thought they hit a manatee. It was recent. They just didn't know it was a Pokemon.
;151;

may&mistylover

Francesca S.
i really enjoyed reading your story, since i think mew is one of the cutest pokemon ever made. he was soooo cute in the first movie and in the eigth. its so sad that mew and friends cant go back... thats one tragic fate.

Mewmie the shiny Mew

=Cute+Power+Smart
Yeah... I wish I could have described more on her past life but I'd have written way too much.
;151;

I love it so far! It's so different! Please continue!

Mewmie the shiny Mew

=Cute+Power+Smart
Thanks! But Ireally don't think I'm going to because... it's hard to explain.
;151;

Mewmie the shiny Mew

=Cute+Power+Smart
Yeah, I've got trouble with that.
;151;

EDIT: Rank up! WOOTZ!
;151;

Last edited: