• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Divine - Game Discussion

Ysavvryl

Pokedex Researcher
Hmm, well Aura Wolfe has dropped out of the game now. Which leads to something of a problem, since the chosen of Reshiram and Zekrom are rather important. We can either carry on and find a way to kill off her two characters, or restart the whole game. The restart would have the advantage of giving me a chance to reconsider and reorganize how things are set up. Keeping going would be of some advantage due to how many new people have come in recently, I think.

Any comments on this?

Monster Guy

Fairy type Trainer
Restart the game. It'll get everyone interested again.

It worked out well for the Persona thread. Look at how well that's been going. =P

Last edited:

OkikuMew

Restart the game? ...I dunno, I don't like the idea much personally, I feel it'll do the totally opposite to me (and perhaps the others who have stayed for awhile like me) of what Mon thinks it'll do, as it gives a feeling of restarting everything I (we?) build up from the start. Don't feel like "recopying" what Alana has done already either... at least the parts not affected by other players. But if that's really what the RP will do, I'll continue to play with a smile! :)

On another note, I want to put in a post soon, but I'm been busy with a lot of personal things lately x_x

Ysavvryl

Pokedex Researcher
Well the Persona game didn't really restart. Divine would have a total restart, fresh from the beginning. My worry is that the current main plot was mostly being followed by Aura's characters, leaving GoldenHouou as the last one with it. And Stin's in prison (though that could make the prison break interesting).

I would like to keep it, but with so many people starting new, I need to find some way of delaying Ghetsis and Plasma. They do need to train too, but I'm not sure that's enough.

Monster Guy

Fairy type Trainer
I vote for restart. Gives the new people, like me, a fresh slate to work with instead of catching up. However, like O.M. doesn't matter to me.

I support this. I can put a better indroductory post, and have Leo recieve his package in the mail, and not have to bunny Kestrel horribly. >_>

But, Leo and I will still be here either way. I've grown to love him ever since he got kidnapped in TTN. =P

EDIT: Speaking of Leo, I think I'm just gonna have him go off now. He can run into Rotom's character later. I'm growing impatient with waiting for him. :/ All I need is something for him to do during the travel time.

Last edited:

Zalck

Back Again...
Hm... Personally, I wouldn't want a restart... Just because so much has been done. The world has been set... I would hate to take all of that away... even though I am just being a part of it.

I guess if we restart, it'll be fine, but I like what has happened. Whatever we choose, I'll be on board, I suppose!

GoldenHouou

antagoonist
@Mon: Hee, seems like I should kidnap people more often then 8P

@Ysa: Yikes, sorry if I strayed from the plot too much by going off and doing my own thing!I just knew from the start she would go and try to strike that deal, and I thought it could be interesting. Though considering how Stin had never actually... interacted with anyone before the whole betrayal thing, it obviously wasn't as big of a shock to everyone as it could've been. As for the prison, well, don't worry about that, at least as far as I'm considered, I love getting caught/prison/prison break plots and the like. 'Course Stin isn't exactly plot relevant by being there, but I'm planning to break her out in my next post.

As for the restart, I'm game either way, though I feel like my opinion shouldn't weigh as much since I haven't been posting too frequently. I think Matt, Okiku and JK should have a say in this much more than me or the newbies. A restart would make what's going on a lot clearer for everyone and help set everyone on the same level. That, and it would help clean out the thread and give you time to think on things, like you said. By that token (those tokens?), it sounds like a good idea. But on the other hand, those who have achieved a lot (Okiku and Matt in particular, since Aura quit) will lose everything they've done.

But y'know, I had an idea that might work out for you..? Go with the restart, but since there are only so few of us veterans (four, I think), maybe you could sort of give us a choice; have our characters just receive the parcel like everyone else in the beginning and start fresh OR have our characters have already met the legendaries and done the same bonding they've done in this very rp. Meloetta would already know about Matt's past, Virizion would've already tested Alana, etc., though not necessarily under the same circumstances as in this rp. Maybe there was a group who tried to stop Team Plasma before, but all but the four got killed so new fighters are needed, hence the parcel sending? And if you want to make it fair for everyone (as in, nobody starts with a legendary), maybe those legendaries could have been captured/forced to sleep by something/gotten forced amnesia. And then, as the rp progresses our veterans get their legendaries back/the legendaries will slowly start to remember/etc. That would mean a fresh start, and yet none would lose the things they've worked so hard with. Me, I might actually go with a fresh start anyway (or have Stin generally be an annoyance to the newbies by popping up and forcing "tests" upon them, claiming "It's what's needed to be a Chosen!" for fun or something, I dunno. Anyway.) You could also try presenting this idea to some of those who have quit recently (Niedude, Aura, etc.) and see if they might want to hop back in. I think it could work out.

Though if a restart does roll around and if it's at all alright with you, Ysa, I might have Stin deflect again anyway, because that's basically what she'd do (this time though, I'll make sure it's a shock, hah!) and I wouldn't mind ending up in a prison again ('cause I'm gonna have fun breaking out, doubly so for Stin). Though that'll most likely be a lot farther in the rp. 'Course, that's only if you're fine with it. If you want her to stay loyal, I can try to work that in for you.

OkikuMew

Hmmm... *scratches chin* Golden has some good points and some good ideas... What I'm "afraid" through of the idea of starting from getting the legendary right away (at least, in my and other veterans' case) is Alana can be swayed to do things quite easily (with a simple e-mail/message really, I'm thinking about Kestrel's e-mail that convinced Alana not attack Ghetsis), so if anyone decides to send an e-mail to all right near the beginning, her storyline can be changed drastically... Not to mention, depending of the situation, she could meet up with someone before she gets to Virizion, which again have chances of changing the story... So starting at the moment the legendary is befriended have some flaws.

However, now that I think about it, restarting anew can be a good thing, as I think it could be fun to see how things would turn out differently. Also, I could do some things slightly differently too, perhaps make her back aches more apparent (if she ends up killing that grunt "again", that is), make her more stubborn like I originally thought she would be, etc.

Got a question though if we're gonna really restart completely: would it be possible to simply copy/paste old posts and changing them depending of the situation (remove things done by older, non-longer-existent characters, add things done by the current characters)? That way it wouldn't be a drag for us "veterans" to redo everything we had done again, and gives a freshener to the newer members (or give them the opportunity to only read the older posts done by the older members that are still active).

GoldenHouou

antagoonist
Ah, I didn't mean you start from the moment the legendary is befriended. Did I... word that badly or something? No, I meant that even before the actual rp starts, Alana would have already met Virizion and she'd have the same relationship as she has with her now (through similar situations that happened in this rp, but these need not be played out). But then something would have happened that stripped us veterans off of our legendaries (they were forced aslumber, for example), so now, all the veterans would need to get their legendaries back somehow (obviously differently than how they got them in this rp) while Tao also recruits new people for the legendaries whose previous chosen perished. The stripping us off of our legendaries thing is to prevent us from having a huge advantage to the new players while also keeping the established relations and such. And then, as the newbies set off to get their legendaries at the start of the rp, we do the same, hence we get the plot. But yeah, that was just a suggestion, I just wanted to clear that up in case I made it unclear somehow. The difficulty with that idea, to me, is to incorporate an older team of Chosen into the backstory... I mean, if a group already attempted (and failed) to stop Ghetsis, wouldn't he already have all the legendaries and be on higher alert due to possible new rebels? Unless someone saved the legends or something... Meh, either way, it's not a perfect idea by any means.

I personally don't really like the copy-pasta idea though. Sorry. It's just that I can imagine that feeling somewhat... weird, you know. Like this is a completely new thing except nope, it's not because this is going to happen again exactly the same even though circumstances have changed! Not to mention that has the danger of ignoring possible new interactions in favor of wanting to get a chance to reuse an old post. 'Course that might be just me and I mean, if that's what gets the most agreement then I've got no problem with it.

But yeah, either way if a restart does occur, I know for sure I'm at least going to have Stin interact with people more. I think part of the reason I posted so infrequently was because Stin was never needed to talk to someone/see someone or anything, and I knew it'd just be me wandering around on my own whenever I did post.

OkikuMew

Ah, sorry for misunderstanding you. Yeah, it does makes sense, I'm guessing the befriended pokémon (excluded the allowed first one) are kept since it would go with your idea of a restart, but wouldn't that still give the veterans a small edge? Although it's not much of a big one for me, since Raine is close to useless right now...

Yeah, that's what I thought about the copy-pasta too, that's why I asked if it was ok to do it for those who wanted. AS for the ignoring part, that's where the "remove things done by older, non-longer-existent characters, add things done by the current characters" part: meaning it won't be a full-on copy/paste, since whoever would want to do it would (and will, if needed) change things with the new situation/people etc., just for the time-being that things doesn't change that much (if something really huge and different happens, the copy/pasting will stop). But like I said it's just a question ^^;

But yeah, again, restart or not and whatever what kind of restart it is, I'm still in :)

Rotom310

As seen in pokedexes
So until Ysa decides on what to do, I'm not going to throw up a post quite yet.

That's kinda my viewpoint atm, plus I haven't really had time to sit down and type out a big post cause the past ~2 weeks have been real hectic, what with 3 band concerts, a band mini-trip, a retreat, routine course work and finals prep on top of that. After the first part of next week I should be done with anything major tho, which means I'll have plenty of free time to catch up on RPs and other writing stuff I can't get too in the couple hours I have today.

As for the actual decision I don't really feel I should really comment considering I haven't been active in the RP yet. All I'll say is that anything would be fine with me.

Ysavvryl

Pokedex Researcher
Ack, sorry I vanished on you guys. I got caught up in something and haven't had time to review this. Which doesn't really bode well for continuing.

I think I'm going to reset the whole game, although currently accepted players can keep claim on their position. I hope I can get things ready to remake the sign-up thread at the start of June.

Again, I apologize for this delay. I'm in a bit of a time crunch.

wιɴтerвreezeѕrυle

dαrĸpαw ιѕɴ'т αмυѕed
That's good to know. I'm going to keep my claim on Victini.

Edit: KELDEO! not victini, that one's Mon's. I failed. :3

Last edited:

GoldenHouou

antagoonist
It's alright Ysa, we can wait.

So it's a restart then? Alright, I'll be in, and will be keeping both Stin and Thundurus. I'm not really fond of the kami trio, but that's exactly why I want to give the guy a chance. Not to mention he goes with Stin inseparably.