• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Divine - Game Discussion

mattman324

aka Shiny_Feraligatr
*thinks for a moment*

*moves the pawn up two spaces*

Your move, Sequel.

greywolf123

Well, I'm working on the post still.

Unfortunately, life is being dumb right now, but I should get it up soon. So I am still alive.

Manaphy Mare

1000 Words
I'm going to start writing mine soon too, but I'm not sure if I should take control of Keldeo yet...

Ysavvryl

Pokedex Researcher
^With Keldeo, he would have done things in another way (and may have some contention about V having a connection in Plasma). So he needs to discuss things with the legend before earning the blessing. But then there's also Iris around, and she still has an injured shoulder and will be tough to earn the trust of. We can discuss that discussion through PM if need be.

Note to self: Aura Wolfe needs that backstory info soon if Cynthia sticks around Kestrel and Juniper....

No time tonight, but I'll try to get around to it tomorrow or so.

Aura Wolfe

... This is why I should check the discussion thread before posting. Cynthia and Nekao have left to go have a bit of a look for The White Rabbit Pidove in Route 1. But maybe Kesterl could stalk them or something. Backstories sound interesting...

EDIT: I've gone and edited my post, so the quest for the White Pidove will begin after a hopefully interesting backstory.

Last edited:

Jason-Kun

Having a hard time typing up my post because my space bar is acting up. Will post as soon as I can.

Pokefan0234

Ka-Ra-Tay!
Sorry that I haven't posted the finale of Rylee's epic Pecha Berry quest. As I'm about two-thirds through it now, I should have it up within the next day or two.

Anyway, a few questions:

Numero Uno - What time is it in the RP, anyway? According to Sequel's post, it's apparently nighttime, but it seems like some of the other posts are set during the day...

Numero Dos - How are Pokemon that evolve by trade going to evolve? I doubt that Team Plasma left any trade machines lying around...

And finally, Numero Tres - If a legendary Pokemon is using a Guise, is it able to speak like a human, or is it still only able to communicate via telepathy? (For instance, if Kyurem were in its teenage-human form, would it be able to actually say something in a language humans could understand?)

Ysavvryl

Pokedex Researcher
@Aura Wolfe: Okay. I hope I didn't throw you further there, but I was trying not to control too much at this point. You'll probably be in the graveyard if you followed Kestrel, which is where the Pidove is now.

@Pokefan: For number 1, see first post here. Timing is intentionally vague, the only certain factor is that it's summer. This is so that if your character needs a few days to travel without much happening, that will be okay.

For number 2... trouble there is, the trade evolutions work because of the electronic data changes. I've explained it one place as such evolutions occurring naturally are extremely rare; they probably happen as a result of high stress and being in grave danger. That's a possibility, although Moron would have to evolve into a Gurdurr first (how often do you get to use a sentence like this one?).

You can also go the Mystery Dungeon route and have an item called the Link Box/Cable; in order to get it to work, you'd need a mad scientist, or an Electric type willing to hit the evolving Pokemon to activate the item. That would be funny. If you need a more serious way, you can use an eccentric scientist like Bill (word choice does matter! *laughs*).

On 3, they do that to blend in, so they can speak the human language like that. Some are better actors than others. I decided on this to differentiate how the Zorua is using Illusion right now.

TheSequelReturns

Faithful Crusader
@Pokefan: I did that intentionally, to let Alice sort of "catch up" to everyone time wise. So when she gets out of the cave it was night, but when mattman324's character finds her, its the next day.

Sorry if I confused you with that.

Anyways, post up soon.

OkikuMew

Just a lil FYI, my next post (Alana vs. Virizion) will happen at nighttime, only Alana won't notice much since she's in the dark rumination field plus she's too busy with the battle. She'll know however whenever she'll get out of that spot.

Oh, and for Pokefan's no. 2 question, I would also add the possibility that the trade-evolved pokémon living in the wild could be previously trainer-owned pokémon.

And also, post somewhat coming up soon, sooner would be within 24 hours or so.

Aura Wolfe

Yeah, Nekao (The Zoura) is only putting forth the illison that he is a young child; he still can't speak in anything other than Pokemon, and if you were to try and touch him, your hand would go through empty air, causing the illison to move a bit. The only way you could actually touch him would to be to touch the actual space which he occupies.

OkikuMew

Speaking of transformations, I plan to have Virizion use the guise trick to go into populated places since the other tricks doesn't feel quite right for Virizion in my opinion, but at the start she'll prefer to use the "meeting" strategy.

And now, question time! Does the armor and rapier that Alana will receive from Virizion (after the initial test of course) always stay there (meaning that Alana have to wear/carry them around at all times) or it appears and disappears when needed (by Alana's or Virizion's will)? This question would be useful for the other "ion" legendaries chosens, too.

TheSequelReturns

Faithful Crusader
*rubs chin*

*takes pawn with knight*

your turn mattman.

Hopefully we can get the time differentials sorted out at some point. Alice is still a ways off from taking on Kyurem, so I'm thinking a time-skip to Driftveil is in order. You up for it mattman?

Ysavvryl

Pokedex Researcher
@OkikuMew: Being able to call on and dismiss the armor and weapon is a superhero thing... which is perfectly fine here, since that's what the chosen ones are.

Oh, and by the way, that was an awesome acceptance sequence there. A good reminder that this level of power isn't natural for humans to hold.

OkikuMew

Ah, it does sound more appropriate (not to mention more useful) that way. I don't see anyone going around town wearing armor and having a sword/blade/rapier in hand... Although it could be funny in a way.

And thanks for the compliment! :) My initial idea was Alana faints just because of the fight (and then when she awakes she Virizion accepts her, gives the powers and blablabla), but I gave it a bit a twist like that to make the acceptance shorter (I see Virizion the type to do things needed to do no matter the situation, plus I was getting a little lazy...) and less boring. I see now that not only it works and like you said it shows the power behind the whole thing and how it's not fit for humans, but it gave the scene a level in awesome :D

Ysavvryl

Pokedex Researcher
Niihyl asked this in the main thread, but I'll answer it here. Yes, there are non-Pokemon animals about. Although it is possible to eat Pokemon, most people would be queasy with this (although one of my favorite RPG Pokemon characters ever was a guy years ago who had a hunter obsessed with eating every single kind of Pokemon in the world.). There are some cases where it is acceptable (a Tropius' fruit, leaves and petals from some Grass types if they regrow, etc).

There would be insects (sometimes I use the term 'microbugs' or 'minibugs'), fish, and small land animals in abundance. Larger non-Pokemon animals would be rare. Even though these creatures can't use Pokemon moves, they probably have some defenses that a natural creature would, like a hard shell, barbs, and so on.

greywolf123

Remember how I said I was working on a post?

Well, due to job/computer shenanigans, I still am working on post. But I promise, I will get it up soon.

Least the computer shenanigans are over.

mattman324

aka Shiny_Feraligatr
OK, I had a problem. I'll be on again in a week with my post... sorry it takes so long, but I had things to do, and lost my chance at internet.

On the plus side, I have a PLAN!

GoldenHouou

antagoonist
Finally posted! Confetti, plz.

Had fun writing it but my god, I had no idea what Stin would've decided... or what I'll decide, for that matter. I'm slightly leaning towards going to Thundurs first, but only chasing it after Ghetsis's appearance. Unless she can persuade Thundurus to come see the man with her, with promises of chaos and stuff.

Also, a quick question, or rather, a confirmation; I've been under the assumption that since Thundurus is asleep right now, he can't communicate with Stin like most other legends can, at least not through words (maybe feelings and the like?). Is that right or have I assumed wrong?

Last edited: