• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Divine - Game Discussion

OkikuMew

I MAY, in the future, do a sign up for a character with Mew. Maybe.

(btw, if you didn't know, Ditto is awesome, and that is why I want one. Slowpoke/bro/king is more the defenses and Heal Pulse, really, because in this more anime-style-battling world, there's a lot that can be done with those.)

I'm not sure if Ysavvryl put Mew as a newly available legendary, I remember lightly her saying it will, but it's not in the available legendaries in the first post of the sign-up thread. If it is though, now both you and Ysa are tempting me of making a second character, despite my "juggling time for writing for two characters" argument!

Speaking of the sign-up and available legendaries, I dunno if it would be a good time to do a lil clean-up 'n' update on the available legendaries/spots, as some people haven't posted anything for quite awhile. I'm not blaming or pointing fingers to anyone (I had my no-post times too), it's just it feels like the rpg is slowing down a bit and perhaps new/reopened spots would bring some more active people (and action).

On a side note, I already have Alana's team in my mind, based on her personality and how useful they could be in some situations. Now the only problem I have to get though story-wise is why would Alana would go to those specific places to befriend a pokémon? I guess she might ask Tao's guidance or something... but we're/she's not there yet.

Ysavvryl

Pokedex Researcher
As for reopening Deoxys, or adding Mew or others, it's not the right time for that, as we've got that Black City event to get through (still waiting on some other character to get a blessing).

But yes, a review of who's still playing along is a good idea. Replying here would be great, as I don't have the time right now to track down people. Another problem is that we've gone through so many shifts in players that it's a bit disheartening. I love this idea and I do want to see it work. I think part of it is school, though.

OkikuMew

Ysavvryl said:
As for reopening Deoxys, or adding Mew or others, it's not the right time for that, as we've got that Black City event to get through (still waiting on some other character to get a blessing).

Got some points there. But I dunno why, it seems that in every RPG I get in, most folks quits out of forget about it when it is a big storyline moment like this... I can't say why, really *shrugs*

Ysavvryl said:
Replying here would be great, as I don't have the time right now to track down people.

No need to say that I'm here X) I thought maybe that I could in my spare time PM all the players if they're still planning on playing in your place to save your time then PM you all those who responded, but some people might find it suspicious that it's not you asking this.

Ysavvryl said:
Another problem is that we've gone through so many shifts in players that it's a bit disheartening. I love this idea and I do want to see it work. I think part of it is school, though.

Well personally I find it not so bad the "shifts" at first (I like it especially in boring days at work, seeing post after post during the day pop out and see it all unravel progressively...) but like I said previously, it gotten slower and slower... But indeed, I keep forgetting the School Effect™, as I'm no longer in school (then again I have work, but I'm in a generally different time zone than most Serebii members and I don't have homework to do afterwards...)

greywolf123 said:
Gah I need to post
Well at least you posted here and tell us you're alive X) If you need any help with writing, especially in defeating BPSoD (Blank Page Syndrome of Doom) or WBDoD (Writer's Block Disease of Death), we're all here for ya!

niedude

Don't forget to grin
Oh, I'm here!

I'm just debating whether Ken would rather get his blessing first, or try to dig up some stuff before. Also, I'm thinking of changing up his future team a little, mostly because the travelling method I had originally planned for Carracosta would work better if this was Sinnoh (underground passageways and waterways)

And school, too. Definetely school. I haven't worked on nearly any of the RPGs I'm in for almost two weeks.

OkikuMew

Short and sweet question unrelated to the current subject (and writing it up before I forget it) : Does the faster healing properties of the pendant also applies to the chosen, not just his/her pokémon?

Pokefan0234

Ka-Ra-Tay!
Despite the fact that I haven't posted in weeks, I'm still here. If it wasn't for the fact that my teachers have no sense of time management, I'd be up that volcano and talking to Heatran by now. >.< Aw well...

I'll probably have a kinda-funny post of my chars going up a volcano in the next two weeks or so. Unless... should I just skip the walk up and get straight to the fire powers?

Ysavvryl

Pokedex Researcher
@OkikuMew: Yes.

@Pokefan0234: I like atmosphere, so you can do the walking up the volcano if you wish. But if you can't come up with much for it, you could skim it too.

I should have some time tomorrow to track down people. Key word being should. I'm not in school either, but I still have lots going on.

GoldenHouou

antagoonist
I'm here too! And I've already gotten my next post all figured out in my head, now I only need to... you know, actually post it. I'm planning on having Stin catch another Pokémon, though I'm a bit worried as to whether or not she's allowed to have it this early, since it's an evolved form. Though, I promise 'catching' it will span at least two posts, the Pokémon isn't making it easy for her. And she won't completely obey Stin either, they're more like rivals, really.

Next week is... an exam week. But I can post during the next weekend, at the latest. Apart from reading to a rather devilish exam about computer logic and the math involved in it (calculating stuff in binary, hexadecimals, etc.) I should be free then.

Ysavvryl

Pokedex Researcher
I don't think having evolved Pokemon befriend would hurt much, just so long as they were crazy overpowered with lots of unusual moves. And with a rival kind of situation, that would balance out the power.

Like I mentioned in my post, I wanted to post more, but I've been sick this weekend. G'night.

Aura Wolfe

Aura Wolfe, unless I read wrong, you made Percy text the wrong guy. Garnett was the one who came up with the direct assault, Ken was the one who went against it and advised using the commotion to raid other stuff

Ah dammit. Yes, I got the wrong guy, sorry. I'll go back now and edit that for you, sorry.

And I think it would be a good idea just to check out who actually still wants to participate in this. I personally love this PRP, so unless I drown in homework or anything, I'll still participate.

greywolf123

Aha!

I'm still here, and in fact I plan on finishing the post tonight come hell or high water. Roderick will have his Larvitar!

greywolf123

Yeah I was thinking that'd come up next post after he realizes he can't just call it larvitar all the time.

OkikuMew

Yeah I was thinking that'd come up next post after he realizes he can't just call it larvitar all the time.
Ah ok, I didn't think of it that way.

Anyways, working on next post, although I don't like the idea of posting only "right after" someone did (as I mentioned before, I prefer waiting for around 3 people to post first) but I'll have to if I need to keep this RPG alive :)

Question about the Unova region in general (it actually hits my general curiosity, especially since I couldn't find the answer myself...) Does anyone know the names of the two main rivers going through Unova? You know, those that you need the bunch o' bridges to cross over them? It would just sound stupid if Alana or someone else call them "the river under [insert bridge here]" all the time, sounds ridiculous... I wouldn't mind making up names for them, but I'll rather stick to genuineness in this case, if possible.

Edit:
niedude said:
I'm just debating whether Ken would rather get his blessing first, or try to dig up some stuff before. Also, I'm thinking of changing up his future team a little, mostly because the travelling method I had originally planned for Carracosta would work better if this was Sinnoh (underground passageways and waterways)
Might be too late for me to say this, plus I dunno how you feel, but I personally think Ken would prefer search for information first, wanting to know more about the enemy (because knowing is half the battle! Ok, I'm outta here... :D) and perhaps try to find out about Tao himself, semi-suspicious about all Teh Big Plan, especially with all those "idiot random civilians" as the other chosens.

Last edited:

Ysavvryl

Pokedex Researcher
I have no idea if they have official names. I think I came up with at least one for ClicheStorm's use... it may seem weird, but this RPG and that fanfic both came out of more or less the same idea. But they're alternate histories due to... stuff, involving the canon characters. I have been pulling background info for both projects, though.

But if anyone knows of the official status of those river names, I'm open to hear it.

mattman324

aka Shiny_Feraligatr
Hmm.

On one hand, there are about a thousand different things I want to do.

On the other, SEQUEL HASN'T POSTED FOR OVER A MONTH.

This is really problematic.

OkikuMew

Hmm.

On one hand, there are about a thousand different things I want to do.

On the other, SEQUEL HASN'T POSTED FOR OVER A MONTH.

This is really problematic.

Actually, Sequel has posted yesterday, and was active this morning. Time zones aside, he's active, just... not here. A bit of pming would help, maybe?

Ysavvryl said:
I have no idea if they have official names. I think I came up with at least one for ClicheStorm's use... it may seem weird, but this RPG and that fanfic both came out of more or less the same idea. But they're alternate histories due to... stuff, involving the canon characters. I have been pulling background info for both projects, though.

But if anyone knows of the official status of those river names, I'm open to hear it.
Hmmm, I guess I'll come up with the names of the river then, unless the official names pops out. I'll tell you guys how I named them and see if you guys find it ok, to make it "official" for us for the RPG.

Edit: After a bit of research, although I don't have official names, I did figure out some names for the rivers. Although official (and even non-official) info of the names of the two main rivers in the Unova region is inexistent, I checked out the names of those rivers in the real-life New York city, which most of you know is the inspiration of the landscape of Unova. And the names are North River (or Hudson River) and East River. Although East River fits well for the... eastern river, the North River (and Hudson River for that matter) is not much of good name as Unova's rivers are (sort of) perfectly paralleled to each other, while New York's rivers forms a "1 o'clock" shape. So in conclusion, I would say the logical (although not very original) names for the Unova rivers would be East River and West River. What you guys think?

Edit #2: My next post is almost written up, all it needs is the approval of the rivers' names, and one small thing: Anyone has ideas of a "May the force be with you"-ish kind of salutation slogan for Team Plasma? I thought of "May you peacefully find your true place in this world", but I dunno, it sounds... lame. (Although all salutation slogans sounds kinda lame to an extent... not saying the Star Wars one is! *hides*) On a side note, Mattman, I posted a message on Sequel's visitor messages about the RPG. We'll see what it does...

Last edited: