• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Divine (PG-13)

Aura Wolfe

Percy Wilfred, Undella Town

It was some hours later that Percy arrived at what had once been a well known international tourist destination before the rise of Team Plasma ten years ago – Undella. Strangely enough for the beach paradise town, it was raining heavily when Percy left the subway. He quickly pulled out a rain jacket and threw it on - the rain didn’t bother him really, but he’d rather not get hypothermia and die just yet.

Because it was so wet, there was hardly anyone outside, which made leaving the town without being seen rather easy for Percy. He was glad for that really, as anybody who saw him heading out into the wilderness when it was pouring would question his sanity, and perhaps his innocence too. He wanted to just get through this as quickly as possible, and then get back to Bobby. He really didn’t like to leave that Pokemon on his own…

Walking though Route 14 in the pouring rain was rather peaceful for Percy. He could see various Pokemon fleeing from him, some watching him with curious eyes, but all stayed away from him, and he did not force his presence onto them either. He only had one Pokemon in mind today.

After walking along in silence, he found a small sign labelled ‘Abundant Shrine’ which pointed along a path. It didn’t look like it was travelled very often anymore. Thinking about the letter that Tao had sent him, he turned down it and quickly found him in what was highly fertile farmland. He looked at it with admiration, taking in the sight of the rain falling gently on the plants. Nobody appeared to be around, so he continued walking, then stopped after a while, looking confused. Wait, he was looking for a shrine right? He did a three sixty, then looked even more confused.

“Ookay…” He said to himself.

“Are you lost mister?” A small, high pitched voice said from behind him.

Percy spun around, and frowned as he saw nothing, then looked down. The smallest human child he’d ever seen before was standing right next to him, looking up at him with her huge brown eyes.

“No, I’m not lost dear girl.”

“You look like you’re lost.” She said sweetly.

“No, I’m not.” Percy said, a hint of sharpness entering his voice.

She blinked her eyes as tears filled them, and her bottom lip trembled. “You’re a mean man.” She told Percy, then turned around as if to cry her little heart out. Percy could have slapped himself. He’d forgotten just how delicate and mentally unstable girls could be. You had to take things very gently…

He crouched down next to her. “I’m very sorry for scaring you dear. You were right, I am a bit lost actually. I just didn’t want to admit it.” She stopped crying, and looked at him. “I’m looking for the Abundant Shrine up here okay? I can’t find it. Can you help me?”

Her mood changed instantly, smiling happily. “Sure! I know where it is! Come on sir!” She took his hand and started leading him up a hill, talking on about various things that Percy didn’t try to follow, just nodding and smiling when she paused. They stopped at the top of the hill, right in front a wooden shrine. It was made of weathered wood, and had a single door on it, which was padlocked. Above it, there were old words, with only a warning ‘Only open if you can face the consequences.’

“Thank you very much for taking me here.” Percy said to the girl politely.

She smiled happily, then took a serious expression. “My daddy says that I can play here, but I must never ever unlock the shrine. I don’t know why though. Bye bye, you’re a nice man now!” She said cheerfully, then skipped off.

As soon as she had walked out of sight, Percy walked up to the shrine, and pulled the key off the rope. He had no doubts in his mind that he needed to unlock the shrine to awaken Landorus. With a bit of effort, he swung the door to the shrine open, half expecting the fertility god to just fly out of the shrine. However, it was empty, except for a flute, and a note, which read: ‘remember, only if you can face the consequences.’

He picked up the flute, and after a moment of hesitation, blew a single, rather horrible sounding note into the instrument. Hey, it wasn’t like he could actually play that thing anyway. For a long time, all was silent except the falling rain, but after a while, Percy thought he heard the sound of rushing wind. He didn’t have that long to ponder it, because a creature flew out of the sky, and landed in front of him.

It appeared to be taller than he was, but that was wrong; it was floating on a cloud, giving it the appearance of height. Its body was orange, and covered with darker spots which looked like leaves. Its face looked completely neutral at it looked at Percy, with the hint of what appeared to be a mane on top of its head. Its large brown tail, which resembled a branch a little, twitched with anticipation. Such a creature couldn’t be anything other than the Legendary Pokemon, Landorus.

The two of them studied each other in silence for a moment, and Percy tilted his head to the side. He’d seen pictures of what Landorus was supposed to look like, and while the creature in front of him looked to be it, there was something not quite… right about it.

All thoughts of Landorus’s appearance went straight out the window, as the creature let out a high pitched roar of fury, lashing its tail around. Percy yelped, and dived out of the way of the now furious Pokemon’s tail. Landorus rose up into the air, then flew down, smashing one fist into the ground. It started shaking violently, throwing Percy off his feet again. The earthquake started causing large fissures in the ground, ripping crops to shreds. Percy stared at the destroyed farmland in horror, before his eyes narrowed. He had no idea what the hell was going on here, but for some reason, Landorus was destroying the land. He would not tolerate that.

Percy pulled himself off the ground, and raced towards the abundance Pokemon, adrenaline pumping through his veins. Its head turned to the side, and Percy was knocked to the side with a swing of its tail.

Without hesitating, Percy scrambled to his feet, and this time he leapt forwards and punched Landorus across the face, before letting another punch fly towards its stomach. It never reached its location however, for Landorus grabbed his fist, then hurled him onto the ground. He was left in the dirt, his wrist throbbing painfully. Landorus slowly floated over the top of him, and raised a fist.

“And now, the real test begins.” A gentle, almost sorrowful voice said in Percy’s head, just as a huge orange fist punched him in the face, and then everything faded. For a moment, all Percy could hear was the sound of the earth being ripped apart, before he lost consciousness.

Cynthia Lawson, Entralink

Cynthia listened in silence to everything that N and Zekrom said, before the former wheeled himself away, being followed by the Zoroark. The three of them – Nekao, Cynthia and Zekrom – watched them in silence until they were gone, before Zekrom spoke to her.

“He did led a sheltered life, only knowing abused Pokémon, Ghetsis, and a handful of other humans until he was in his late teens, Zekrom explained. And that first day he was sent out into the wider world, he met a girl with a Tepig. The two had only met hours ago, but they were already devoted partners. The last them he and her battled, the Tepig was an Emboar and they were inseparable. N lost to her, but Ghetsis defeated her; the Emboar was murdered and N saw that happen. He was too mixed up to stop her from being imprisoned, but later he released her and challenged Ghetsis with her. But that battle…” The Deep Black Pokemon shifted uneasily, “It was a power I am unfamiliar with. That’s the strongest thing that I can recall about it.”

The tall blonde frowned. This was Zekrom, one of the most powerful creatures in the world, and he was… afraid? The idea unsettled her. But she did get a exactly what Zekrom was saying; why N had worked with Team Plasma all those years ago. She glanced over to where he’d disappeared. I guess he’s really not at fault here at all; he was just misguided, and now he’s working to make things better again… Well, people change.

“You’ll have to tell me about Ghetsis – it could help. But first, I want to know… what do you want? What do you want to get out of taking down Plasma? You originally were with their ideal, and with N. What changed your mind?”

“What do I want…” Zekrom trailed off for a moment, and his red eyes scanned the sky. “I represent an ideal, any ideal, and I will stand by the person with that ideal, provided that they are strong enough to see it through. I stood by N and his will to separate people and Pokemon because he believed it was the right thing to do, and I believed he could make it happen. Just as I will stand by you, and your ideal. The reason changed my mind is because my chosen did. It’s just a part of who I am.”

Nekao padded over to Zekrom cautiously, seeming intimidated by the Legendary’s presence. “I don’t bite little one.” Zekrom said with amusement. “There is something you wish to ask me?” The two of them were silent for a moment, communicating, before Zekrom laughed. “No, I’m not normally this small. Something Ghetsis did turned me and Reshiram into this form, and I don’t really know what it was. So until we can find a way to reverse it, I will be small.” His voice had taken on a serious edge towards the end.

Cynthia glanced over to where N had disappeared. “Would N know anything about that power?”

“I do not think so; he didn’t know of Ghetsis’s true motives, or true power really. But you can ask if you wish.”

The three of them went silent for a while, all three of them thinking. To Cynthia, it appeared that the next obstacle they had to overcome was this power that Ghetsis had over both Reshiram and Zekrom. None of them knew exactly what his power was, or what it could do, and messing with the unknown could prove to be very dangerous. They’d have to find out more about it. But then, Ghetsis would appear in Black City really soon, and if they wasted too much time being cautious, they could miss their chance to attack him. She wondered what the other chosen’s had to say about it… Thinking, she pulled out her Pokedex, and accessed the messages, reading them aloud (although very quietly) for Nekao’s sake.

“So Kestrel doesn’t have any idea either of what caused you two to turn into Pidoves…” Cynthia murmured. “And some people are thinking about not attacking Ghetsis directly?”

“Ken makes a good point.” Zekrom stated. “Ghetsis will be protected, and heavily.”

“Well then what else do we do?” Frustration filled her voice. “This could be our only chance!”

Nekao looked at Zekrom for a moment, before the latter nodded. “Nekao says that we don’t have to attack Ghetsis directly to make full advantage of the opportunity. He says that we could sneak around and look for information – anything that could be of use to us in the future. Besides, I do not believe it would be a good idea to be on the receiving end of that power of Ghetsis’s again.”

Cynthia looked at the two of them, before sighing. It seemed that if she wanted to attack Ghetsis, she would be doing it without Nekao’s or Zekrom’s help. And she highly doubted that she could succeed without them. “Okay then. Maybe we should try and meet up with Kestrel and Reshiram, and some of the other chosen’s. We should decide upon a course of action together.”

When both of the Pokemon nodded, Cynthia typed out of a message.

To: All

Hey guys,

With the Anniversary Celebrations looming upon us all, I believe it would a good idea for us to meet together, to discuss what we believe is the best course of action (of course, this would have to be done rather discreetly, so perhaps in small groups only). A lot of people seem to not want to attack Ghetsis directly, so what kind of alternative path of action do you guys believe we should take? Personally, I would love to just kill him, but neither of my companions (A Zoura and Zekrom) at the moment believe it’s a good idea, and would rather we use this to search for information.

Tell me what you think,

- Cynthia

Zekrom nodded with approval at the message, then looked at the sky again. “If we are going to do something at the Celebrations, then we’d best start moving now. I vote we walk to Black City, as few people travel to the Entralink these days, and that means I can teach you, Cynthia, some small tricks with your power.”

My power… The words caressed her mind, and a kind of fire entered her eyes. Power meant that she could do what she wanted, she could achieve what she wanted, and no one would be able to stop her. A small voice in her mind said that they should visit N first, and find out what he knew, but it was drowned out by her desire for power. No one would take her Pokemon away from her again.

“Yes, I believe you are right, but…” She looked into Zekrom’s red eyes. “Do you think you could do me a small favour? Could you go and find N, and tell him ‘thank you’?”

Zekrom’s eyes softened, and he nodded, before taking off into the sky. Cynthia started to stand up, then stopped and pulled some bread out of her bag. She tore it into three, and gave a third of it to Nekao, kept a third of it for Zekrom, and ate the rest of it herself. They waited for the Deep Black Pokemon to return, then waited for him to eat as twilight fell. None of them made a sound as they left the Entralink, and were quickly swallowed into the night.

Ysavvryl

Pokedex Researcher
To Alana- White Forest itself isn’t patrolled or inhabited much these days. Many paths have gotten overgrown and with all the trees, it’s usually a good place to camp out unnoticed. But I’ve just gotten here and already, I’ve seen a patrol. At any rate, it’s not too hard to hear anyone coming and our Pokémon can act as scouts for trouble (my Swoobat is particularly good at that).

The south gate of Black City leads to a road that heads into White Forest. Follow that road to a small bridge over a stream, then follow the stream east to a pond. That’s where I plan on being.

Black City
Early morning of the anniversary celebration

The sun was rising over Unova and Black City kept moving. Like Castelia, Black never fully slept, although it slowed during this time. Pedestrians walked the streets, exchanging news, buying the paper, looking for a meal. But today, most were not getting ready for a day of work. Today was a celebration. Some seemed to be in it genuinely, but others were watchful and self-conscious. Yet even the most watchful ones completely missed Ghetsis even if they saw his face.

It was a curious thing. Everyone knew him, but they didn’t know him. They expected his theatrical appearance: the oversized cape, the gold eyepiece, that unique look. They expected it so much that when he stood there on the sidewalk, a tall lanky man dressed in a brown suit, brown cap, and silver reading glasses, they did not recognize him as the ruler of Unova. For the moment, he was taking advantage of that, sipping a large coffee and observing the area.

Next to him, an officer was on guard, but also out of uniform. She watched a lower ranked enforcer patrolling the street on bike. That one was in uniform, but a good portion of the Black City security were not, just like her and Ghetsis. With that, the civilians would see that security was a little higher than usual, but they wouldn’t see how high it truly was. Ghetsis had also reserved several places around Black City, none of which he was staying at. Trickery did more than blunt force, more often than not.

The sun reflected brightly off the large windows of the many skyscrapers. “It’s going to get hot today,” the officer commented.

Ghetsis shrugged. It wouldn’t hamper him, even when he started up the theatrics. “It’s that time of year, the dead of summer,” he said. “Preparations have been made. Let’s go; we’ve got a tight schedule to run.”

Nodding, the officer walked with him to the private residence where they were staying. No one found them remarkable, just another pair of pedestrians. “What about the parade?”

“I’ll watch it, but not from the streets. The enemy has been too active. What’s the word on the youth who died outside Castelia?”

Wondering if he was testing her, the officer spoke quietly, “Technically, he drowned, but it didn’t help that he fell off that bridge. But the wounds that were on him are unusual. You should get a copy of the lab results later today.”

“And what of the fire outside Chargestone Cavern?”

“Hard to say, but there was definitely a rebel involved in it.”

“Hmm. And what of the Pokémon battle that took place on Marvelous Bridge a couple days back?”

“About that…” she paused to think, but they had arrived. She and Ghetsis went inside.

The citizens and visitors of Black City carried on, not noticing.

Kestrel
White Forest, by a pond

It was dawn and White Forest was quiet. The stream trickled over rocks and the leaves rustled in the wind. Between here and the border of Black City, there were enough trees to block out the urban noise. Well, the trees and the large wall surrounding the city. The place was like a fortress and if they wanted to, it could seal itself up tight. But over the past few days, the gates had been wide open. Aside from standard searches, it hadn’t been too hard to get in and out so far.

As the events they knew Ghetsis would be at were later in the day, Kestrel was taking the morning easy. He had been up for a while already, getting his campfire back up to get breakfast finished. Some of the other chosen and their Pokémon were here, so he set some oats, diced apples, and spices to slowly cook overnight for oatmeal. It was a camp breakfast he had made many times; on finding it done, he took the pot off the fire and set it elsewhere to cool, replacing it with a kettle for water in case anyone wanted it for a drink.

When he passed his hand through the flames this morning, he wasn’t getting hurt at all. He wasn’t able to fully control the campfire, though. He’d only had a couple of days training under Reshiram and all he had to show for it was the resistance and a small red fireball that could almost pass for Ember. But once he called it up, he was able to control that little fireball, bouncing it off his knuckles like a child’s toy. The exercise was oddly absorbing, keeping the flickering ball of flames moving while not letting it drop to the ground to set the grass on fire.

Reshiram was partly watching him and partly pecking at the ground for insects. That’s good so far, she said, hopping by him onto a tree root. But you’re still behind where Hilda was.

“Am I?” he asked, bouncing the fireball away to land in the water. It hissed, causing a burst of steam as it went out. “What’s the problem?”

You’re neutral to the others so far. Mostly Cynthia.

“I haven’t spoken to her much,” he replied. He noticed others at the campsite stirring, so called over, “I’ve got some breakfast cooked over here, if you like.” Kestrel then got up to get a bowl of oatmeal. “We do need to speak some more, at least planning for today,” he said, mostly to himself.

Some of the chosen had arrived here yesterday or last night, but they had encountered some trouble with a pair from Plasma patrolling around their campsite. The patrollers had accepted their explanations (Kestrel himself had gone with ‘wanting to save money by not staying at a hotel’), but had then tried to be friendly. According to Puffy and Reshiram, the patrollers weren’t out here this morning. At least, not yet.

OoC: See Discussion thread please.

Last edited:

OkikuMew

Alana Bryant
White Forest, near pond

Finally, I'm getting there, to Kestrel's meeting point. We arrive a day later than I thought, since we got into a few problems on the way, including on Route 4 with the sandstorms and Raine getting dehydrated from the heat (those vending machines on the way were a real god-send) and some parts of the Route 16 were hard to get through because of huge rocks and hills (Even with my hurting back, I had no problem with some good rope while Raine was a natural to climb by herself, but Speedzy was another story...), but other than that, we had no trouble and we're still there, just in time for the big day. Oh, there was a search at the gate of Black City too, but it was no problem there either. I'm definitely relieved about that. Ah, and I remember there was that message from... Cynthia I think, and I had quickly answered something along the lines of I'm meeting with Kestrel at White Forest, we could all meet there, Blablabla.

But right now, Raine and Speedzy are around me, but they're totally out of sight, playing "wild pokémon" which they're now used to do, and also being lookouts like Kestrel suggested. As I walk beside the stream and see a group of tents cuddled together on the horizon, I feel a tap on my shoulder. I turned around and I see a strange-looking girl.

"Hey," Virizion speaks as the weird woman just stands there without saying a word. "It's me."

Oh, well, long time no heard Virizion, you got awfully quiet since back in Castelia. What's up? Wait, What? Hold on. I tilt my head a bit, taking more time to study that new weirdo's looks. She's somewhat older-looking than me. She wears some knee-high green, black and pink boots, a beige skirt that covers her thighs, a (very) long-sleeved green shirt, and a necklace with two pink and green leaves and one bigger black leaf in the middle attached to it. Her light green hair have two long pigtails, one on each side of her head. And her dark pink eyes have a very familiar stern spark in them. Too familiar. I would recognize it anywhere: ...Virizion? She nods to respond to my question pretty quickly. ...Not bad, not bad. Maybe you should trade your skirt for some shorts and your shirt for something more sporty though...

"I can feel those humans gathered there are chosens", she ignores my comments about her looks, "but I can't tell if there's normal humans nearby. Keep your friends at bay, I'll stay with you in case of an emergency. I'm warning you now though, I cannot speak "human" even in this form, I do not think my skin and fur feels like yours either, and my powers are limited compared to my true form."

Got it. I guess you'll be playing the "shy girl that follows her friend around" type. I get right into the middle of the campsite, being somewhat lively as most seems to have just woke up and run around to prepare breakfast. Hmm, where's Kestrel? Hard to tell when no one said anything of how they look and whatnot... I guess I can always ask. I approach a relaxed, foreign-looking guy, eating while sitting on a log. He's wearing simply a t-shirt and trousers, both black. I spot something hanging on his belt: looks like wires and some kind of green rock... The more I look at it, the more it feels familiar, although different. I guess he's a chosen too, and that's his pendant? Anyways, enough thinkin', time's a wastin'.

"Oh hi," I waive at him, my pendant dangling around my wrist, "uh, sorry to disturb ya, I'm Alana. You know where "Kestrel" is?"

He slowly swallows his spoonful of oatmeal, then speaks while still looking into his bowl. "Yes, he's right there," he points at a man near the campfire.

"Thanks."

Well, didn't say his name or anything very social, but at least he's straightforward. I look up where he points, and my sight sets on a dark red-haired guy about as old as I am, wearing a yin-yang necklace that I feel it's his "chosen charm", and have by his side a strange white Pidove that I figure is Reshiram. Wait, that's Kestrel? I don't know why, but I was seeing him as a someone at least twice my age. I guess it's just by the way he writes his messages. I walk up to him, a bit unsure if it's really him, as Viriziwoman follows close behind.

"Hey... Kestrel? Sorry I arrived a lot later than I say I would, got into a few complications with the off-road terrain of the routes. It's me, Alana, nice to meet you in person", I take my hand out, ready for a handshake. I look over my shoulder and see Virizion, speechless and emotionless. I present her with my other hand a bit awkwardly, and lower my tone of voice: "And this is, er..."

"He's one of us, and so all those around. They have my trust, and so should you." Virizion states.

"That's Vrizion," I say with more confidence, "temporarily in human form, just in case."

Last edited:

greywolf123

White Forest- near a pond

Roderick had to admit, it was really, really nice to be around people. Being out by himself had been far worse than he realized. Even when he’d got his new teammate, who he had elected to name Rick, it’d still be somewhat rough going. They had only had a few encounters with testy Pokémon, though during those Roderick had managed to both learn a good deal about how Rick worked, and about battles. It was all really interesting to be honest, working with a Pokémon, training with it. It was kind of exhilarating.

But it still hadn’t been as nice as knowing that there were people around. This was the one thing he was glad about when he had checked over his messages, finally, and found this spot to meet up at. There had been an awful lot to scan though, so he’d only really read the last several, but it had been enough to give him a feel for what was going on. That and it had told him where to go. He was already nearby after all, so it only took him a bit to get there, including a few side stops for supplies and the like. He’d not managed to get anyone else on his team, or figure out what Victini meant by help somebody, but for the moment that wasn’t high on his list.

He wanted to get to know the others he was going to be working with better. And what better way to meet people than to talk to them over breakfast. Sure they had been camping but that was no reason not to try and make something at least mildly decent for the others to wake up to. As he roused himself from his remembrance however, he noticed that he wasn’t the first one up. One of them already was up, and apparently another was with him. Snapping his fingers slightly and shaking his head, he figured he’d just have to say hello to them without breakfast. Oh well.

Hello there! He said, waving slightly as he approached, a smile on his face. Nice to see I’m not the first one up!” At least it meant he could start talking right off. “It’s also nice to meet you guys. I’m Roderick. Who’re you?” He had missed her introduction unfortunately, so he had not heard her name, or the person’s name that she was travelling with. And there was no time like the present to get to know a fellow chosen and all that.

OOC: Not my best post, but something at least.

Jason-Kun

Marec Golen
White Forest, Campsite

As Marec began to stir from his sleep, he heard Krestel call out to the group of asleep campers. "I’ve got some breakfast cooked over here, if you like." Pushing himself up from the sleepingbag he'd fallen asleep in, he yawned. Looking him over, one would see that he'd chosen to dawn a green turtleneck and a pair of grey jeans the day before.

Turning to the small sleeping bag curled beside his, he shook it gently. "Meg, wake up. It's time for breakfast." he said. With a stifled yawn, a pigtailed head poked itself from out of the blanket. Letting out another yawn, the girl pulled the sleepingbag around her as she stood up.

As the pair, followed by Mist, settled down in order to eat, Marec noticed two figures make their way into the area. The first appeared slightly older than him, her blond hair pulled back into a braided ponytail. The girl next to her was different. Giving off an aura of power, her clothing seemed to be made up of greens, black, and pink. At this, Marec leaned in front of Meg, awkwardly obscuring her from view.

As Marec sat a bowl of oatmeal in front of her another male made his way into the campground. After introducing himself as Roderick, the new figure asked for their names. "I'm Marec, though my nickname is Mareep." Marec began, before leaning back and motioning towards Meg. "And this is my...daughter, Meg." he finished, pulling his own boat of food towards himself.

Ysavvryl

Pokedex Researcher
Kestrel
White Forest, campsite

A few people came over when Kestrel called on them, including a pair that had arrived together last night. From his observations, they had gotten to be quick friends, or at least the talkative one thought so. The chatty Zander was short but lean, dressed in a style common for trendy college students in the handful of universities in Unova: low black jeans, a plain t-shirt, and a short leather jacket. The quieter Leo was something more of a rough mountain man, with dark brown skin, tall with a lot of muscle, and dressed in tougher outdoorsman clothes. A mismatched pair, but they had something in common.

“Morning Kestrel,” Zander said while Leo got some oatmeal and sat on a log not far from the campfire. “I’ve had quite a few odd wake-up calls, but nothing like finding a black spider dangling a couple inches in front of my face.”

“If it was black, you have nothing to fear,” he replied. “That’s to be expected when camping.”

“Been too long since I’ve been camping. So, it seems the knights aren’t around now. I’m the chosen of Terrakion; she said she was going to check something out this morning, but she should be back in a few. And Leo there’s the chosen of Tornadus, if you can believe it. I asked him how he got accepted and he just said ‘arm-wrestling’. ******* badass, I tell ya.”

“Right,” Kestrel agreed. Zander got a bowl of oatmeal, then passed by a pair of young women approaching them. He grinned and said something apparently flirtatious to the girl with the long green ponytails. In response, he got a sharp cold look that somehow got him to turn beet red and hurry over to sit by Leo.

Before Kestrel could wonder what had gone on there, the other woman spoke up. She was probably in her early twenties, with a long blond braid and a black sweater. "Hey... Kestrel?” He nodded. “Sorry I arrived a lot later than I say I would, got into a few complications with the off-road terrain of the routes. It's me, Alana, nice to meet you in person." They shook hands, but then Alana seemed nervous. "And this is, er..."

The other girl, who seemed better dressed for the city rather than the wilderness, appeared to just nod at her. Virizion, Reshiram said, coming onto the rock that he was sitting on.

Alana seemed more confident. "That's Virizion, temporarily in human form, just in case."

“That’s probably a smart move around here,” Kestrel said.

Another few arrivals from last night approached, ones that Kestrel hadn’t met yet (due to being distracted by distracting the Plasma knights). “Hello there,” one said, waving to them. “Nice to see that I’m not the first one up! And also nice to meet you guys. I’m Roderick; Who’re you?”

He seemed friendly enough; Kestrel shook his hand too. “Yes, good morning. I’m Kestrel, the chosen of Reshiram here.” He pointed to the white Pidove on the rock with him.

Reshiram chirped like a normal Pidove, then chuckled in amusement even though he was the only one who heard her do that.

“We seem to be safe for this morning,” he added, then pointed to the other four he knew and introduced them. In the middle of talking, his Pokedex jingled with a new message. Kestrel picked it up and opened it, still talking to the others. “And feel free to take some oatmeal; I think Leo and I have made enough for us all.”

The other pair had come last night too, but they were odd. The guy was only slightly unexpected, as he had an unusual silver color for hair, but the girl… well she seemed to be no more than five years old, wearing her black hair in pigtails. They had already gotten their food and the guy at least was listening in to the other introductions. Then he said, "I'm Marec, though my nickname is Mareep." Marec then motioned towards Meg. "And this is my...daughter, Meg.”

That wasn’t right. Kestrel felt it, like a flare from a fire finding dry fuel. While it had good intentions, it was still a lie. Was that feeling going to return any time he heard a lie? “Really?” he asked, narrowing his eyes at Marec.

“I’m adopted now,” Meg said, looking at piles she was making in her oatmeal. “At least until I find my real daddy.” Then she ate a large spoonful.

If that was the case, then he might have been technically right. “The better word would probably be ward,” Kestrel said, indicating that he’d let that go. “If a bit formal.” He skimmed the message again; it had only been sent to him. “Keldeo’s chosen Xiong won’t be joining us today,” he said, closing up his Pokedex. He could respond later. “He’s with Iris and others doing some investigation. But he does say to beware of guns.”

OoC: Remember that guns are primarily science fiction for Divine, so what Kestrel said was odd. And yes, Zander did try to hit on Virizion.

Last edited:

Niihyl

Posthuman
(OOC): Oh lord, it's been a while since I've posted as Garnet. Ah well.

Garnet Avaritia

Garnet had been hunting. Shura had grabbed him food, clothes, and other supplies from the nearby towns, so he was actually pretty fresh for someone who'd been in the wild for... weeks? Days? He couldn't be sure. A good hunter kept clean. Strong scents alerted prey. Time didn't seem to matter anymore. There was only day, night, and hunger. And Ghetsis. Soon, he'd appear in the Black City. And she'd be there too. Genesect. She was always with him. ... Or she wasn't... Was she?

They shared thoughts. Images. Instincts. Garnet had trouble determining which thoughts were his, and which were hers at times. It hadn't always been that way... probably. But he knew he was stronger now. Even without bonding with Genesect, he was tougher. He and his pack, Shura, Capo, and Eeks.

Shura came and sent him an image. Humans. In the forest. Were they prey? No... they were different. Like him. They were... chosen.

Garnet made his way through the woods. He came to the little campsite by a pond, and looked at the people gathered there. And slowly, as if a curtain was being drawn away... things looked different.

Had the sky always been such a pretty pale blue? The woods such a vibrant green?

"Um... hi?" Garnet said, testing out his voice. It sounded weird, he hadn't used it in so long. "Er... sorry if I sound weird. I haven't spoken to anyone for a while. Been alone in the woods and all."

And killing. Garnet furrowed his brow. He'd... killed people. On accident the first time... then on purpose. Hunted them down. What... was it Genesect? He'd never wanted to kill people. Although that had probably been naive. He couldn't overthrow Ghetsis by tossing him in prison. That wouldn't work on the ruler of the region. His head hurt. He couldn't seem to think straight. His own thoughts were fuzzy.

"So... I'm Garnet by the way. Genesect's chosen. These are Shura, Capo, and Eeks, my Pokemon."

The three Pokemon looked at their human partner, and relaxed. He was slowly recovering. There was something here. Something calming, and it was having a positive effect. Although feral Garnet was strong, he was... different.

Garnet looked to each of the other Chosen. "Can I... join you?"

niedude

Don't forget to grin
(sorry for the huge past and equally huge delay, but this should let me catch up with events!)

Ken Truesdale

Another torrent of flames comes at me, and for the fourth time on a row, I drop to the side and attempt yet another barrel roll. However, my body is tired, exhausted even, and I just fall on my back, barely escaping the flames themselves while still being bullied by the powerful heat they spread.

The forest fire is spreading, too. No wonder; with a chandelure this powerful that showed no signs of fatigue, this fire could still become even worse. But I start noticing one thing that had escaped my previous judgement: the danger of the smoke I keep breathing. That most likely was accountable for the high levels of fatigue and decreased endurance I’m showing. My vision is clouded too, and I keep losing sight of the Plasma Grunt I intended to punish.

‘What you did was the biggest, most foolhardy mistake I’ve ever seen you commit. I thought you were above trivialities and understood the duty of a leader and the duty of a soldier.’

I can’t believe I still listen to his constant insults.

‘The duty of a soldier: to die for the cause he stands for, and for the leader he follows? I thought you were against Pokémon and Humans living together. Why do you think I should have let them die for me?’

‘Because I would expect the same thing from you, or any human, should a Pokémon be heading your army. To start differentiating, whether to help or to hinder, is discrimination. That I would not stand for!’

I smile; this is one of those few times I feel perfect synergy with Cobalion. There is a slight renewal of hope in me, despite my odds of coming out alive in all of this staying exactly the same. And that is all well and good, but I still don’t see how I can win this. The forest fire spread much faster than I had imagined, and I am unable to take out my opponent’s King (the Plasma himself) and win this match.

It is then that I feel a slight blaze of heat heading my way. I turn to see a wall of flames, bigger than any flames thrown at me so far, coming at me like a red avalanche. As best as I could try, I still didn’t manage to outrun it. And just before it reached me, I feel a powerful force strike my side, almost knocking me over. It grabs me before I even notice, and speeds us both out of the fire wall’s path.

It lets me go, but I am overpowered by the momentum and fall to the ground. Only when I manage to get up and regain my composure do I get a good look at my savior.

In front of me stands an accelgor: a slim, agile creature coated in several layers of some sort of dark cloth, like numerous scarves were combined and stitched together to make one midnight colored coat. It wore an helmet most odd (clearly the leftover carapace of the Carrablast that used to inhabit that shell.)

Its back is half turned to me, and its arms are crossed. It turns his head ever so slightly and looks at me from the corner of his eye, then points to a direction (whether it is South, North, East or West I can’t tell. I have lost all sense of place awareness since the forest fire started.) It seems to be telling me to run.

In the direction he was pointing, I can see through small openings in the smoke that other animal, mostly small Pokémon unable to combat the fire themselves, run away to what I assume is a safe spot in the forest.

“No, I’m fighting.” I take a stand and the accelgor seems aggravated I didn’t decide to run away.
“I won’t be a burden!” I am unsure if this wild Pokémon understood more complex words and phrases, but he seems to have gotten my intention. Without even the lowest of grunts, he disappears again. His speed is truly amazing.

Off in the distance, under the roaring noise of a burning forest, I can hear the Plasma member say something. Did the accelgor find them, and attack them already? There is not time to lose. I follow the distance noises, running through pillars of flames, burning trees and the deepest plumes of ash. Just as my strength begins to finally fade away, I find myself in a perfectly safe circle, most likely the only safe spot left in the forest. The grass here was still green, and the air was untouched by the smoke. Was this the power of his Ghost type?

My brain soon regains its focus once again when I notice the Plasma member with his back turned to me, too absorbed by the fight between his overpowering chandelure and the lightning fast accelgor. I waste no time. With Cobalion’s approval ringing in my head and a newfound hatred boiling through my veins, I remove a switchblade from my pocket and slice out the cutting edge. The noise of an entire forest burning clogs my opponent’s attention, and I sneak up behind him until I am so close I can almost feel his heartbeat. Or is that mine?

It doesn’t matter. I pull one arm around to choke him, and stab him from behind.

I feel the knife make contact, smoothly sliding inside his skin and perforating a number of vital organs. Something warm and slippery runs through my hand; it is disgusting. I look into his eyes as he starts collapsing in my arms, looking up at me, and I realize I did not even know his name; I am honestly grateful for that. His face changes, depicting various expressions of pain, surprise and fear; mine shows rage, then contempt. Finally, I take the knife out in one single motion and push him away with my other hand. He falls on the ground, staining the only remaining patch of green land on this forest red.

It is truly a pitiful sight, seeing him dead, bleeding into the grass like that. My contempt for this… devil in human clothing only rises after the deed lies done, unlike what I anticipated. I had just killed a man… and I feel no regret. I would do it over, and over, and over again. Even now, I feel the occasional urge to stab the lifeless doll again and again, but I control myself; I am above that.

Slowly, the chandelure descends over his trainer’s dead body. The eery object, truly a ghost type, started to emit the oddest of sounds… a very frightening, and disturbing sound at that. It was like a gust of wind passing by a graveyard, mourning over every single grave it passed.

Then, it just floated away, its purple flames died an even stranger tone. I dare not think what the Ghost type had done, but I can’t help but speculate it had something to do with the dead man’s soul.

My mind jolts when a flaming branch nearly misses me, landing right next to my feet and coating the greenery on fire. The chandelure truly was responsible for this safe circle, and its departure seemed to deactivate whatever kind of effect it was having.

Unable to find the accelgor which had aided me, I start running off in the direction I think my Pokémon took. The reality was, I was lost, and it did not take too long for the smoke and fire to take the best of me.

In the midst of an inferno, I black out…

===========================

To: Percy

I am glad I finally hear a good idea amongst all the rabble. The high security prision would be the best of targets, but do not be fooled: it will be heavily guarded, no matter what. And by the best of the best too. I’m not sure simple stealth would cut it, and this figuring we actually find its location. I’ve been trying to find it for years, but I’ve had no luck. However, I did not have all the help I now possess, nor an aide, so things might turn out differently this time.

I’m sorry for taking so long to write you back, I’ve just been caught up with a few things here and there, I’m sure you understand. Tell me, do you know anything that might prove useful? I need all the info I can get.

I finish typing up my reply, feeling relieved someone with some brains finally contacted him. The Plasma Prison? This guy was ambitious, that much was obvious… But his ambition was something I could realte to: a successful raid on that prison might be the most critical part of this war.

I have to make sure I’m ready.
I have to get to Cobalion.

I get up from the little makeshift bed I’d woken up in two days prior and I try to find my Pokémon.

“They’re probably at the river.”

I take a small stroll through the remains of a now dead, black, ashen forest, taking in the vibrant smells of new life mixed in with the smell of putrid vegetation and the occasional animal. Here and there, I see grass types focusing their power on a tree or a small patch of grass, and I occasionally notice small changes in color or texture in whatever object they interact with. A couple yards away from me, half buried in the grey sand, is my old jacket, totally burnt. I had lost it mid battle and had not even noticed it.

It does not matter much: all of my clothes are tattered and worn out. Next time I find a quit little town, I need to infiltrate a clothing shop and find myself something new and practical. Summer is at its strongest now, so most likely a resistant T shirt of some sort and good ol’ jeans.

It takes me less than five minutes to reach a little stream, barely able to be called a river, where Alexander runs around, splashing Sentinel, who just ignores the little baby. In the shore, the little red furball Alexander saved from the fire, the Darumaka that belonged to that kid who was burned alive.

She – her name is Memento, by the way - just looks at Alexander with a curious, almost jealous look. She tries to wet her little feet, but every time a tiny sprinkle of water wets her fun she gives out a little squeak, which is kinda cute actually, and jumps back.

And then I realize just where I am.

The river runs just beside an entrance to a huge cave. A number of Pokémon tracks dot the ground: this cave is all but abandoned.

‘The time has come, Ken Truesdale.’

I stare into the cave; for so long, even, that its walls seem to expand all around me and engulf me within. I feel myself going deeper and deeper into that cave, like I am being pulled by something in that cave. No, I really am. I feel it. I feel something is calling me, and for a few seconds that lasted (an eternity) I felt the distance between me and Cobalion, the legendary waiting for me in that cave, disappear. In one single instant, I can see him standing right there in front of, its entire being challenging me.

This feeling was so powerful that when it ended I felt like I was being pulled back with such an intensity I almost got nauseous from the vertigo. I had to look around and wait a bit to realign my senses. Only when I was fully in control of myself did I notice all my Pokémon (even Memento, to my surprise) surrounding me, showing what little support they could.

And for the first time since we’ve known each other, I can read Sentinel’s eyes.

And I can honestly tell he is concerned.

“Thanks guys, I mean it,” I say, petting each of them in their heads.

“I will be counting on you.”

OkikuMew

Alana Bryant
White Forest, chosen campsite

So it is Kestrel, after all! Whew, it would've been awkward if it wasn't him... That shy guy would probably laugh at me or something.

“That’s probably a smart move around here,” Kestrel responds to my previous statement about Virizion.

"Yeah, she couldn't tell if there was some that wasn't of us here. The more hidden pokémon near us, the better, right?"

And right at this moment, this guy walks up to us. Wow, he could've been a gender-switched me, with his clothes and all! Doesn't have the hair that matches though.

"Hello there! Nice to see I’m not the first one up!” he speaks quite cheerfully as he waive up his hand. “It’s also nice to meet you guys. I’m Roderick. Who’re you?”

"Yes, good morning. I’m Kestrel, the chosen of Reshiram here," he said as he shakes Roderick's hand and points out the white Pidove. Ha, I knew it! "We seem to be safe for this morning."

Safe from Plasma I guess. Glad to hear that. He goes ahead and introduce me (nodding in response), Virizion (quiet as ever), and those two that were sitting by the campfire: Leo, the quiet one that I asked who was Kestrel earlier, and Zander, that gives off a "vibe" similar to those jock clients of the gym that only comes there to show off. Kestrel's Pokédex rings up for a new incoming message while we're talking a bit. I let out a sigh, reminding me how annoying the sound is.

"And feel free to take some oatmeal," he continues while opening up the machine, "I think Leo and I have made enough for us all."

"Nah I'm good," I answer right away, "me and my pokémon already ate breakfast before arriving here."

Then, two others came up to us. There's this one guy about my age even though he have gray hair, and this adorable pigtailed little girl! I'm not sure why she's here, but I don't think there's no harm there! At least I hope so...

"I'm Marec," the man introduces himself, "though my nickname is Mareep."

Mareep? Well that's some nickname! I keep my chuckles to myself as much as I can.

"And," he continues, "this is my...daughter, Meg.”

Her? His daughter? I sceptically lift an eyebrow. Something's fishy with that... she doesn't look like him at all!

"I'm adopted now," little Meg squeaks while playing around in her bowl of oatmeal, "At least until I find my real daddy."

My eyes opens wide. Ah, that explains it! She then takes the biggest spoonful of oatmeal and gobbles it up in one shot. I giggle at that sight, as I imagine myself at her age doing the same thing. As Kestrel keeps talking to Marec, I bend down my knees to get to Meg's height.

"Hey there Meg, I'm Alana! Nice to meet you!" I smile widely.

"...He’s with Iris and others doing some investigation," I overhear Kestrel on the side. "But he does say to beware of guns."

Surprised, I tilt my head to lend a better ear towards him. Guns? There's no such thing as those, except in those crazy movies and tv shows! Yeah, it makes them entertaining but... to be actually beware of some, right here, right now? Whoever said that must must have been joking or got into a watch marathon that went too far...

"Um... hi?" a roughed-up voice speaks near us. "Er... sorry if I sound weird. I haven't spoken to anyone for a while. Been alone in the woods and all."

I turn my head around and I see this short, skinny teenager. Is... he or she a boy or a girl? I think he's a guy... He got blond hair, and some slanted eyes. Quite an exotic look, somewhat equal to Leo's I find...

"Oh hey!" I find the time to say through the small crowd.

"So... I'm Garnet by the way. Genesect's chosen. These are Shura, Capo, and Eeks, my Pokemon."

I curiously look at them: a Whirlipede, a... flying thing, and... some kind of living fridge? What? I sure never seen any of those two before... or learned about them. The world got so many of them, I don't think it's possible to know them all!

"Can I... join you?"

I shrug my shoulders, arms and hands in the air. "Well, isn't it why we're here, to meet each other? Yeah, come on down!"

I quickly do the introductions of everyone to him, then a question comes up in my head, bugging me a bit.

"So..." I ask to everyone, "I'm not sure if everyone that wanted to come here is, well, here, but anyone got an idea what to do, what to search? Something?" I scratch the back of my head.

((OoC: Sorry if all character introductions seems to be so fast one after the other, I tried to reflect everything that happened, everyone arriving and all...))

Last edited:

Aura Wolfe

Percy Wilfred, Abundant Shrine

Percy opened his eyes to the bright sunshine of a clear day. He touched his face, feeling some kind of dried substance covering it, and suddenly realised he was covered in dried blood. His blood. He sat up, and then groaned again, his head throbbing with pain. The events of what had happened before he’d blacked out flooded his mind, and he snarled with frustration.

He had Landorus’s blessing! He’d given his word to it, and it had promised to help him rid Unova of Plasma! It had gone against orders, and that was quite unforgiveable. Ignoring his body’s screams of pain, he sat up and looked around. He was lying in an unnaturally created ditch, covered in wheat crops which had been ripped from the ground. His Pokedex lay beside him, and he quickly checked the time before putting it back in his pocket. According to it, it was around 3pm, the day after he’d approached Landorus. He’d been out for a while.

Percy shifted his weight onto his right wrist, then gave a small yelp of pain, drawing his wrist back. It was throbbing painfully, but he raised his head as he heard footsteps. Up above him, the little girl from yesterday appeared, looking surprised.

“Oh!” She exclaimed. “Sire! What are you doing down there?”

“I don’t know, I just woke up down here.”

Another person appeared, this one an older teenage boy. He looked slightly confused at what Percy was doing down in the ditch, but he shrugged and offered his hand. “Want a hand up?” He offered.

Percy nodded and took the teens hand with his non-hurting hand, allowing himself to be pulled out of the ditch. Around him, the area was completely ruined. The shrine was a wreck of aged wood, the trees had been knocked over, and it was generally completed smashed. He looked at it in horror.

“What were you doing here?” The teenage boy asked.

“He wanted to find the shrine!” The little girl chimed in before Percy could answer.

The teens eyes became hard. “The Shrine? Why would anyone want to visit the shrine these days?”

A lie quickly popped up into Percy’s head. “I’m a bit of a history fanatic.” He pretended to admit. “I’ve always been interested in ancient religions, so I decided to come visit the shrine so I could find out about the past but…” He shrugged helplessly. “Can’t really do that anymore can I?”

The teen seemed to accept it. “What I want to know is how did this happen? What caused it?”

“I’m not really sure to be honest, might have been an Excadrill or something like that.”

“What could be a possibility…” The boy mused. “We should probably go clean you up, you’re a mess.”

In his mind, Percy panicked a little. He really didn’t want to be stuck with these people for very long at all, because it could and would hamper his efforts to find the prison in Sarasota.. if there was one at all. He as wasting valuable time!

“Actually, I might head back to Undella.” Percy said. “My wife will be going crazy with worry over where I am.”

“You can call her from our house mister!” The girl exclaimed. Mental facepalm.

“Yeah, that would probably be a better idea. You’re an old guy, you could hurt yourself.” Percy glared at the teen, who didn’t shy away, just death stared him back. This kid would get what was coming to him one day…

“Right…”

It was late the next day when the family would finally let him leave, after having fretted all over him for ages. He’d pretended to ring up his wife, and pretended that his wrist wasn’t killing him. Percy was furious though. Today was the day when Ghetsis would be making an appearance in Black City, and he wasn’t anywhere near Sarasota! This was all Landorus’s fault! If that stupid Pokemon hadn’t of… He trailed off, fuming silently.

To his surprise, he found that he’d walked to the site of the Shrine, before it had been completely destroyed. He felt himself cringe again, seeing the destruction. Out of the corner of his eye, he spotted a source of movement. It was a woman, crouched down by one of the fissures left by the earthquakes. She was about a metre and a half tall, and her skin was a golden brown colour. Her face was strange, as it appeared to be ageless. For a moment, she looked to be a young women, then she appeared older. But those glowing eyes held her true age – they knew so much. Her hair was white, and had been cut short, and she wore an orange kimono styled top, covered with red leaves. She had a long skirt, which covered all of her legs. Her outfit was topped off with a brown belt around her waist.

The woman looked up to him, and smiled. “Hello there Percy.” Her gentle voice said. “I see that the destruction of this land angers you. Come here, I will show you how to heal it.”

He went over to her and crouched next to her, feeling rather small and insignificant. She seemed so… serene and peaceful, even amongst the violent scene. She pointed one finger at the ground, where the fissure was, and it shifted and moved, the dirt coming together once again, and the fissure disappeared. Percy stared at her.

“I can’t do that!” He exclaimed.

“But I believe you can.” She offered him her hand. “Let me show you how, Percy.”

He looked at her with shock, suddenly realising exactly who this was. “You’re… Landorus… aren’t you?” He said, amazed that this gentle woman was the creature which had torn the land apart.

“Yes. And you can do this. Help me heal the land.”

He took her hand, and the world changed suddenly. The dirt, the earth, it glowed, like nothing he’d ever seen before. He could see every grain, every movement deep within the earth. Percy felt that he could change it if he wanted. He raised his palm towards one of the fissures, and willed the dirt to come together again. And to his surprise, it responded. The glowing orange dirt flowed back together like water, and the fissure disappeared. Landorus released his hand, and the world returned to normal.

Percy slumped, feeling slightly exhausted from what he’d done. But a burning feeling was entering his mind, filling him to the core. He grabbed Landorus’s hand again, and felt the earth, the dirt and its power. With it filling his mind, this power, he pulled the dirt together again healed it off the fissures, one by one. Each crack was exhausting, but he wasn’t thinking correctly. All that he could think about was his desire to heal the land, to see it whole again.

“ENOUGH!” Landorus’s voice screamed in his head. She pulled away from him, and rose off the ground, her hair whipping around her face. “Child, you do not know what you are dealing with here! You are not strong enough to fully wield your power yet!”

“Well then why the hell did you show it to me in the first place?!” Percy demanded. “What do you think I’ll do when you show me how to heal the land like that!?”

“You must take it slowly to begin with. You could easily kill yourself by using too much power when your body is not strong enough to control it. Strengthen your body first, then you will be able to do more with your power.”

“We don’t have time for that. We need every moment to strike against Plasma.”

“Then train yourself as you go. In a battle - even if the Pokemon are strong - if the trainer is weak, then you will lose. So you need to become stronger.” She was silent for a while, so that the only sound that could be heard was the blowing wind. “Go back to your Pokemon, and search for Plasma. I will be right behind you, but I first need to repair the damage I did to the land, in seeing if you really wished to help.”

She changed into her true form, and flew away, leaving Percy alone. He glared at the spot where she’d disappeared. It looked like life had just gotten a whole more complex.

Cynthia Lawson, White Forest

Cynthia breathed in the morning air with a sigh. She was feeling rather refreshed this morning, and more comfortable as she’d snuck into Black City last night, and gotten some new clothes as her old ones had been torn when she’d taken a fall earlier that day. She’d pulled on a pair of bright orange jeans, along with a stripy tee shirt and a light woollen hoodie. The pendant had been hooked onto a belt. The woollen hoodie had been a brilliant idea though, as if she rubbed her hands on it, it would generate a charge, which she could then use. Under Zekrom’s teachings, she could run a charge over her hands, and send little bolts of electricity at things, kind of like weak thundershocks. Still, she had a long way to go.

As soon as they entered the clearing that morning, Zekrom flew over to where Reshiram was, probably to say hi or something like that. Kestrel was there too, and there were a lot of people around him as well. Probably because he had food. Which was fair enough really. Nekao studied the group silently. He seemed more confident and a little more relaxed now, as Cynthia wasn’t the only creature that Zekrom had been training. The young Zorua had been practising too.

The two of them looked at each other, then walked over to the group. One of the girls was saying something: “…not sure if everyone that wanted to come here is, well, here, but anyone got an idea what to do, what to search? Something?"

“I think it would be an idea to go in small groups and search for any information we can find about Plasma that could be potentially useful.” Cynthia said. “Such as ways we could get into Plasma facilities, or even the location of such places. I think it was Ken who pointed it out but, attacking Ghetsis here – while so very tempting – would probably reveal us to Plasma. And I don’t know about you guys, but I don’t believe I could take down a whole group of Plasma’s by myself.”

greywolf123

White Forest- near a pond

Roderick was quite glad the others were friendly, or at the very least, that Kestrel was friendly enough. ”I see! Its nice to meet you Kestrel. Uh, I’m the chosen of Victini. Who is uh. Probably around here somewhere.” He looked around slightly at that, checking out the fringe of the campsite. “Apparently there’s some “test” or something I have to pass before she’ll stick around though.” He honestly hadn’t been told a lot about that, beyond that he had to “help” somebody. Still, helping people was good, so he wasn’t complaining all that much. He planned on doing it anyway.

“Its also nice to meet you too.” He said in response to the other introductions, making a note to remember their names. Then a guy nicknames Mareep and his daughter Meg came up and introduced themselves. It was really quite adorable, at least, in his opinion, Roderick giving a smile and saying to the pair “Well aren’t we the diverse group! I’m Roderick. Nice to meet ya.” He nodded his head at that, that same easy smile he normally had on his face still there.

Then suddenly two things happened. One, a person walked in, and two, he suddenly started to feel a weird feeling. It was hard to describe, but it was like something was pulling on him lightly, and he had to fight to stay in place. But not physically, more mentally, though it was really not quite adequate to describe it. He shook his head lightly as he did so, pressing a hand up against his temple for a moment and nearly missing his introduction. “H-hey there!” Roderick replied, nodding a bit and giving his head a shake, trying to dispel the strange new feeling. “Of course you’re open to join us.” He didn’t think anybody would object to it. That would be kind of strange to be quite honest.

Something still seemed off about the young man in front of him though. He wasn’t sure what, but he looked troubled. That was something he could say, though he didn’t want to mention anything in front of the others, he made a note to talk to him privately. He wasn’t sure why. Meanwhile he’d just try and get this strange feeling out of his head. That and contribute to the group thinking session.

“Uh. Yeah. I don’t know about you guys, but I don’t think I’d be able to take down many plasma agents.” He didn’t think attacking Ghetis was a good idea at all. No, it was really the pinnacle of foolhardiness, in his opinion. “I mean, lets be honest, security is going to be incredibly tight around him. There was no way they wouldn’t put their best and brightest around him when he made his first public appearance in so long.

((OOC: if I missed anyone, I apologize! Just take it as Roderick getting distracted by his headpain))

mattman324

aka Shiny_Feraligatr
TIME: Just after Breakfast near White Forest

Matt had been travelling for about a day, getting from Marvelous Bridge. It was a hard travel, but he knew that his time was almost up. He could see the pokemon around him - Ema Skye clinging onto his shoulders, Cecil sitting on his head, and Rune weakly levitating behind him. He knew Meloetta was resting inside the hammerspace of his bag. And when he looked down in his arms, easily able to trace his absolute need for resting, and the same reason he was unable to.

Matt's face showed a hint of a smile. "I know you can't here me Alice, but we're almost there..."

TIME: A day before.

The battle went better than Matt expected: Alice wasn't a horrible battler, despite the fact he had a good feeling she had never trained pokemon before, and the pokemon were able to hold their own. They had taken a goodly amount of damage, true, and Matt knew that the time to run was soon... but in this time, not only had the Darumaka fainted, but the Liepard AND the Krokorok went down in the same time, with the Scraggy taking critical damage, and all the others taking some form of damage. Except the Deino, which seemed to want to sit the fight out.

Alice didn't seem to be taking the fight this way though. Maybe he frightened her to much, but she seemed very afraid of something. Matt knew that their retreat would be almost inevitable - the alternative was revealing Meloetta, and that WAS more dangerous than retreating outright - but it wasn't something to be afraid of. Especially not as terrified as she was.

Matt turned his attention back to the battle, and saw two things happen at once. Ema managed to deal a final blow on Scraggy, finishing him off. But the Watchog jumped up and used Hyper Fang, and it managed to hit the superspeedy Emolga outright. Ema was knocked back into - karma must hate Matt - Matt's face.

THWACK.

-------about a second later---------

"Well, you weren't going at full speed".

"Emaaaa..."

Matt continued looking at the battle. Rune and Cecil, good as they were, were not enjoying suddenly being alone against a fairly healthy Watchog, Venepede, and Stoutland. It seemed as if that was a good time to get out.

Matt turned to the girl. "Alice, I think that we should... Alice?" For at this moment, she seemed to change. Her body suddenly tensed up, like a coiled snake, and her eyes gained a somewhat eerie glow to them. "...wait, you're paired with Kyurem, right? Ok, this is bad. YOU GUYS, GET OUT OF HERE!"

Alice jumped. In about half a second, she knocked out the Venipede, Stoutland, and Watchog that they were facing. She then turned to the trainers and jumped at them, smashing them into the ground so hard Matt was certain they were dead. Then, she turned to Matt, Meloetta, the three pokemon, and the Deino that had been sitting to the side the whole time. And she jumped.

Matt simply watched. For the first time, he was horrified.

But in the span of the half second that Alice took to jump at the group, Meloetta changed. She had somewhat expected a snap during the fight, and so in the time she was stopping Team Plasma, Meloetta began changing back to her normal form. As Alice began jumping, she used a Psychic attack, and restrained Alice, and attempted to stop Kyurem's predatory outburst. And it seemed that she was going to fail, as... well, it's not exactly easy to stop a mental control from a being that's permanently mentally attached to something or someone. So, she took the second option.

Of course, to Matt, all that seemed to happen was Meloetta and Alice simultaneously fainting. And the mental fallback from Meloetta fainting. Which, fortunately for Matt, didn't knock him out all in one go - it just caused the same general effect as getting a concussion.

"Ow... geez, what happened?" Matt looked at the wreckage. The section of the bridge had been burned and generally battered by the fight. Everything remaining on the bridge was in some sort of pain... except the Deino, who wasn't effected in the slightest.

"Alright... I gotta clean this up... gotta do something... about those grunts." Matt walked over to the four, and they were either dead, or dieing. "Well... that makes this easier."

Matt picked up the leader of the four, and walked to the side of the bridge.

-------------about 10 minutes later------------------

"Well, that's done with." Matt had finished the four grunts off, crushing their pokeballs in the meanwhile, so that when the pokemon got up, they could escape. "Now, we have to go. This is gonna be a hornets nest soon..."

Matt turned to the random Deino, who was actually showing some emotion for the first time, at Matt's breaking of the Pokeball that contained it. "You... you sat out the fight, right?" The Deino nodded. "You must not have liked Team Plasma. Well, if I was you, I'd get out. There will be many grunts in the future here, and I don't want you to be caught again." He moved over to Meloetta, who he put inside his bag. He walked over to Alice... only to be stopped by a weakened Rune.

"What? What's up?" Rune, though weak, was not seeming very happy with Matt touching Alice, expecially since he had just taken four Team Plasma grunts... well, you all should know where. "Look, you're weak. The only one of us fit to do ANYTHING right now is me - and even that is only barely - and if she doesn't move, she's doomed. You're either going to work with me, or against me. Which is it?"

Rune thought over this for a second, before - reluctantly - agreeing. Matt picked up Alice, and started walking towards White Forest.

---------------------------------------

TIME AND PLACE: Near White Forest, just after breakfast.

Matt's stomach growled. "Look, you, I want to stop to. But I have a job to do. We're almost there. Shut up for a bit longer, the group should have food."

Matt was overestimating himself. His mind was still mostly scrambled because Meloetta was still knocked out, and Alice showed no sign of waking up. His body was slowly shutting down, and although he noticed it, he only thought about where he had to go, what he had to do.

As he neared the end, he felt something. Looking down, the Deino from earlier was back, and it seemed to want to follow him, even if only for lack of a better alternative. "Look, you... if you want to join our group... you gotta stick it out till the end. You OK with that?" The Deino seemed to consider this, then nodded. "Good. Then I dub thee... Revenge". Matt touched the Deino with his pendant, and Revenge was on his team for good.

Matt continued walking, now with the Deino behind him as well as Rune. Eventually, he reached the clearing in White Forest where everyone was. Everyone turned to look, and he smiled somewhat. Before he fainted, he said two words.

"I'm here."

As he fell, Meloetta tumbled out of his bag, still asleep. Alice also hit the soft, grassy ground, and was also asleep. Ema and Cecil tumbled off Matt, startled, and Revenge yelped, running towards his trainer. Rune also slowly levitated over to Alice, determined to keep her safe.

Last edited:

OkikuMew

Alana Bryant

“I think it would be an idea to go in small groups and search for any information we can find about Plasma that could be potentially useful.” a blond-haired girl 'bout my age butts in the conversation as she approaches us. “Such as ways we could get into Plasma facilities, or even the location of such places."

I lightly nod in understanding and agreement. Another one not strong on introductions... But oh well, at least she gets right to the point.

"I think it was Ken who pointed it out but," she continues as I groan a bit the moment she mentions Ken, "attacking Ghetsis here – while so very tempting – would probably reveal us to Plasma."

"Amen to that point!" I exclaim loudly, although I'm holding myself on why I fully agree especially with that... and to roll my eyes, as it was me who came up with the 'hiding our identity' argument, not Mr. Bossyboss...

"And I don’t know about you guys, but I don’t believe I could take down a whole group of Plasma’s by myself.”

"Indeed," I said. "It was the main reason why I wanted to know about everyone's strengths, so we can work as a team."

"I mean, let's be honest," Roderick adds in to the conversation, "security is going to be incredibly tight around him."

"Yeah, definitely," I answer, "no surprise there."

"Two of the chosens are approaching," Virizion thinks aloud in my head, tugging lightly on my left sleeve.

I turn my head around, and there's this tall, brown-haired dude walking (more like crawling I say) our way, carrying in his arms an unconscious blond teen. Two pokémon, one weird-looking rock and the other some kind of dragon is following the guy nearby, and an Emolga and a spiky little yellow bug on his shoulders. All of them look very roughed up...

"I'm here," he manages to whisper.

"Whoa, dude, are y'all...?" I exclaim.

But before I could finish, he drops down like a dead tree! While the surprised pokémon that was hanging on the guy roll off of him, he drops the young woman on the ground! I see something pop out of his backpack, and the dragon run up to him while the rocky one floats up to the girl, but no time for details! Fainting always happens for a good reason, whenever if it's from tiring yourself out on an exercise machine (like some stupid guys I know) to facing one of your worst fears, with in between having a power overcharge... And from experience, falling after you're already out like a light is not a good thing, either!

"Gah!" I yelp. "Two folks down, two folks down!" I remove my backpack off of me as fast as I could... without hurting my back, much. "Anyone got a comfy bed to spare!?"

((OoC: Sorry for the short post, just want to get things going! At least I still followed the 400-word rule...))

Last edited:

mattman324

aka Shiny_Feraligatr
OOC: This update takes place from the point of view of Meloetta. Matt'll be involved quite a bit, but this post is hers.

---------------------------------

TIME: Unknown.
REAL LOCATION: White Forest.

Despite all that had happened, Meloetta was reasonably calm.

The girl had forced her hand, making her knock herself out, and giving Matt a nice mental blow in the process. This lead Matt to walk almost a full day to get to the meeting ground - a scenic meadow in White Forest - which lead to him fainting. The fall - and the sudden mental turmoil Matt started having - jolted Meloetta to a half-woken state, where she could feel everyone else around her psychically, and even "see" the surroundings - but she was still definitely asleep, in the expanse of dreams that Pokemon and humans both go to.

Speaking of the turmoil...

Meloetta, though knowing Matt didn't want to fall asleep, didn't really want to know the reason why, as her own rules forced her to not bound herself enough to Matt yet for her to be bonded in soul and mind entirely. But now she realized that his mind was still running full-steam-ahead, and it was causing a great enough pain to be felt by her... It was only slightly, but still there, and it was annoying her. She decided to take a look at the inside of Matt's mind, seeing what he could possibly be thinking of that caused his pangs. She psychically looked into his mind...

And realized exactly why he never fell asleep.

Directly in front of her, she saw Matt chained against a wall. In front of him... fire. Fire everywhere. An enormous field, with trees, grass, even a pond! ...And, in the front, a large wooden building, all up in flames. Pokemon in the field dieing, getting burned alive, and one Skarmory flying around, attempting to avoid the flames, and getting struck by lighting, falling over crisped. It was a horrible scene.

Suddenly, the building exploded. Inside the building were a group of people in their early teens, one person who probably was only in his twenties, two people in their fourties that Meloetta guessed were his parents, and a Feraligatr. All the people and the pokemon looked at Matt directly, and in one, eerie voice, yelled "YOU WEREN'T THERE, MATT! YOU COULDN'T STOP IT!"

Matt looked up. Slowly, but he faced the group. And he started whispering. "No... I tried... I wanted... I would have come if I could..."

The group laughed. "BUT YOU WEREN'T, MATT! YOU COULDN'T HELP! YOUR SKILLS WERE OF NO USE!"

Matt started yelling himself. "I WANTED! I TRIED... MY LAST TEN YEARS, I WANTED BACK! JUST TO SEE YOU ALL... JUST TO SEE NOTHING BAD HAPPENED! PLEASE! I DON'T WANT YOU..." His voice cracked. He started crying. "I just... I don't want you dead... please... take me instead..."

Meloetta was horrified. She had never guessed... COULD never guess that he lived through heck every time he fell asleep. She suddenly understood his intense hatred of Team Plasma, and everything they stood for. All she wanted now was to help him get up, at least to make him feel happier. She connected a little more with Matt...

And mentally gasped when she heard it.

It was a small segment, only a slight snippet. Matt himself may not know he knew it, and he certainly didn't know the significance of it. But what Meloetta heard, what she found, was a small segment of the Relic Song. Suddenly, bonding more with Matt didn't seem like such a bad idea!

Of course, as she connected more with him, he realized her presence, and turned his head back. "Is... is that you Meloetta?" She nodded, prompting a smile. "Sorry you had to see this... it's my personal nightmare. Every time I sleep, with no exception, I get this. I should thank you actually... without you, I'd never have the power to set things right."

----------------

In the real world, they didn't know about any of this stuff in his head. They couldn't know his nightmares. All they saw - and heard - was when Matt started screaming.

------------------------------------

OOC: Ok, that's it. I swear. Now, let's get this thing back on the road, people!

(also, Relic Song bit #1 obtained!)

niedude

Don't forget to grin
Ken Truesdale

I keep walking deeper inside this dusty cave. I must have been walking for about half an hour, maybe more, and I still haven’t found him. Though I could tell a few other figures her e and there, mostly Boldores. I think. They very kindly steer out of my way, I can only guess Cobalion has something to do with this. Either that, or these Pokémon have been deprived of human contact for so long, they have forgotten about such creatures, and find them possibly intimidating?

No, it was most likely Cobalion’s fault.

I am walking alone, as he asked (or demanded, I should say,) claiming this to be a test to me and me only. It made sense, and this quiet, nerve-racking trek was oddly welcomed. It gives me time to meditate on what I’ve been through, not just these past few weeks, but my last four years as well.

How much things have changed… I went from being in the enemy’s ranks, to being a homeless vandal, to being part of a resistance blessed by legends. What was most amazing about these changes, was how sudden they were. In every case, a single day was all it took to throw my life upside down.

Though oddly, I can’t help but feel… I never made a difference. Not until now, at least. Everything I’m doing now… The scale is just enormous! All my ramblings, all my failed attempts at change are meaningless compared to this real, collective effort we’re part of. Though I still find it hard to believe, the truth is, this group of ours… it works. Like individual pieces in a chestboard, we all have our quirks and our weaknesses, but we get stuff done. Even if we do suffer casualties. We’re all pieces…

And this pendant of mine… it’s a perfect symbol. A crystal heart. I am the piece with a crystal heart, hardened by life. My core will always guide me, never swaying from my truth, guarded by my strength, and by my ideals. The edged tip isn’t blunted for good reason: I am dangerous, and I will hurt. I will cut the path Unova deserves and bring out a new future!

‘Exactly what I wanted to hear!’

That voice crashes my mind as a roar thunders through my ears. Hundreds of small slivers of light pierce through the rocky ceiling and illuminates this circular, dome like part of the cave (and probably it’s better illuminated part as well.) There is a small pond of crystal clear water with but a few small fish swimming inside, pure and untainted. In its center, a small circular pedestal of rock and… metal? Is that metal coating the rock Cobalion’s perched on, head raised high and posture most threatening?

‘Welcome to my dome. This is my sanctuary, as you can see, untainted by men’s society, but also devoid of but the simplest life. In this hidden place I secluded myself and only heightened my biased, cruel view of your world. But it’s beauty led me astray… Just like men can’t go unpunished from the destruction he causes, Pokémon can’t be taken away from those they grew up to help- and be helped by.’

The blue beast jumped ever so gracefully, almost galloping through the air, and landed but a few feet in front of me with a very strange “clang.”

‘Now, Ken Trusdale, I am to render my final judgement. You, who embodies the ideals that makes humanity powerful and the strength to remain pure and uncorrupted, yet with the ruthlessness of a man who knows that darkness comes with light, will be my beacon. Hold up your sword, soldier!’

Sword? I have no sword. But I know what he means. Maybe it’s our connection showing how much it’s grown, or the power of the item itself, but I subconsciously lift up the pendant and point it at the ceiling. The blue core glows, the sanctuary being covered in the most light it’s probably ever seen, and I feel the metal growing and reforming.

When the light fades, I see what my hand holds. A beautiful silver saber, with a slightly curved blade depicting the word “Light” in one side and “Dark” in the other, both in the Unown alphabet. The handle is safeguarded with brilliant blue fabric, soft to the touch, but made for a steady grip. There are numerous metal bands circling the handle and the hilt, forming a sphere of protection for my hand. This sword immediately feels right for me, and I feel like it’s an extension of my own body, like a new appendage grown through my evolution.

Is this what Pokémon like Sentinel go through?

‘That is the first stage of the power I give you. For now, that sword is the only weapon you can use. But it will be enough.’

Cobalion growled and heaved out a strong, threatening breath of air, like a beast showing an intruder the danger they are walking into. Then, its posture changed. He spread his legs high and lowered his head, both horns, sharp as swords, set dead ahead, ready to impale a wall of diamonds if they had to. Even the creature’s eyes were different: before, while still threatening and demanding, they showed the slightest bit of composure and unwillingness to resort to violence (maybe “not just yet”) but now… They were lusting for battle. They screamed for me to show him my worth.

‘NOW, KEN TRUSDALE! I know why you fight, now show me, HOW YOU FIGHT!”

And he jumped forth. Half a second of trotting and he was inches away from me. I parry the blow instinctively, using the sphere-guard in my saber’s handle in an upward motion. I tighten my grip and slash him horizontally, sparks igniting from the contact between my saber’s steel and Cobalion’s metallic fur.

I take two steps forward and position myself behind him. It was the most suitable course of action if my enemy was human, I could just deliver the coup-de-grace and finish this immediately. But in the rush of battle my usual fighting style fails to adjust to this new opponent, and I barely escape the steel hooves I see about to ram me.

I can’t believe I was fast enough to jump away, but I believe Cobalion is holding back, perhaps compensating for my current weakness. We both know that even with this new weapon I cannot let my guard down for even a second.

My enemy seems to believe I passed the first test, for he is changing strategies. He turns to me and opens his mouth wide as he begins gathering some sort of blue energy between his jaws.

My eyes are wide open. I frantically look around for avenues of escape, or possible structures strong enough to withstand this attack. I freeze like a deer caught in the headlights, unable to snap back into life until moments before the beam of light hits me. Again going by instinct, I duck down with such speed I even amazed myself.

I can feel this static like feeling as the energy beam grazes my hair and my back. Again, Cobalion surely held back on me. If he had simply adjusted the trajectory of the beam further down even after he’d shot it I’d have been quite literally roasted.

Still, on the off chance that this attack weakened him somewhat, I take a risk and dash at him. Learning somewhat from my past two mistakes, I occasionally zig-zag as I run. Just before I am close enough to hack him, I can see his coat shine and change texture. I fear this may be a preparation for a counter-attack, so I stop on my tracks, shift my body to accommodate for a change in direction without being knocked out of balance by the momentum, and jump back, kicking a few pebbles at the beast.

As I feared, the pebbles are instantly shot back with double the strength they had on impact.

Much to my satisfaction I can see Cobalion smirk in what appears to be the first true expression of glee I’ve ever felt him make.

‘You’re a fast learner. I can’t tell how much that course of action pleased me.’

“I can feel us growing closer and closer with every move we make. I know you’re holding back, Cobalion, but I assure you, you won’t be doing that for long!”

Unbeknownst to me, I had just guessed the true purpose of this test. To strengthen our bond, and thus strengthen the amount of power I received from Cobalion. This also doubled as training: by the time I left the cave, with Cobalion following behind me, I’d be avid in the use of the sword, and I’d even be able to clothe myself in steel armor. I’d also no longer need to use the pendant as a catalyst to form the sword. When our battle ended, I received Cobalion’s full blessing (not just the fragment he had me training with) and became able to form the blade from thin air.

I did not leave that cave for three days. I drank the crystal, rejuvenating water in the pond and ate the swoobat Cobalion saw me hunt, fighting Cobalion in my free time. I kept a close watch on my pokedex, keeping track of the correspondence between my “teammates” and hoping to hear back from Percy. I only contact the others myself after leaving the cave, and all I had to say was a simple: “This is K, I got Cobalion’s blessing. Report back to me with how everyone else is doing; casualties, accomplished goals, etc. Be short and sweet. I am still weary of this being tapped.”

Last edited:

GoldenHouou

antagoonist
Stin Nieves
White Forest, by a pond

Hoisted up on a tree branch, leaning against the huge tree’s bark, Stin sneered, her face in a scowl. Below her, she could hear some people moving around and conversing. There was the alluring scent of food lingering in the air, had been for a while now, and she had done her best to ignore it as difficult as it was. She was starving, but didn’t feel like coming down and joining the boring bunch. Instead, she just sat lazily, one leg hanging from the branch and kicking against the bark every now and again. She was fiddling with her Pokédex, skimming over messages and typing out her thoughts, fingers abusing the poor device’s buttons. She was annoyed.

It wasn’t like she hadn’t wanted to meet up with the others. Quite the contrary; she missed humans to talk to after so long. But those people, down there? She didn’t like them. They had something she didn’t have. She never liked people that had nicer and shinier things than she did.

In the end, she had never got to Thundurus. She had ended up coming out of the city near the route that lead to Black City, so that way she had went. While, judging from the messages they sent, judging from what she had seen and heard ever since arriving here… some had been lucky enough to collect their Legendaries already.

And that wasn’t all that got on her nerves. In the beginning, there had been messages talking about attacking Ghetsis. But then someone had offered a differing opinion and what do you know – most everyone changed their mind. Going with the flow, not having your own thoughts… Ugh. Boring. Annoying.

Stin’s stomach grumbled and the smell of food seemed to intensify. Most likely just because of her hunger. Didn’t make it any less annoying, though. And, speaking of annoyed…

Stin lift her gaze from the device she had been taking her revenge on and looked up one branch higher. There, curled up in some sort of a feathery, fluffy ball, rested her companion; Sigi. The bird was facing the other way, eyes half-opened and seeming to carry a very resentful look. Stin chuckled at the sight, letting out a laugh to alert the bird that she was watching.

“Oh, c’mon,” she teased, lifting her left leg to poke at the bird’s makeshift nest. “Are you still mad about that? It’s been like two days.”

The bird didn’t let out a sound in answer, but Stin’s playful, amused grin remained and she never stopped her poking. At least she now had something to do with her leg. Staying completely still was unbearable. She watched her Pokémon partner for a while, sighing and shaking her head, smirk still in place. She couldn’t help but wonder, how long was the bird going to keep that up? Sure… what she had done wasn’t exactly the nicest thing out there, but the brat had it coming.

A couple of days ago, back when she had been chasing that little bugger of a Darumaka, she had eventually caught up with it. It had hid itself behind the legs of a young girl. Well, it had turned out the girl had been the Darumaka’s “trainer”, or whatever alias they now used for people who owned Pokémon. So she had made a generous offer; she’d give the poor girl some food and she’d hand over her Darumaka. But no. The little bugger and the girl were friends or something like that. And she just couldn’t see how that would’ve worked. The Pokémon’s power was wasted, staying with someone useless like her!

And then, the grunts that had been chasing her had caught up with her. A little roasted, but otherwise fine. And the girl had tried to hide. And she… well okay, so she had grabbed the girl by the neck and thrown her at the grunts as a distraction in order to make her own escape, but she wouldn’t have had that happen to her if she had just quietly handed over her Pokémon. And yet, Sigi was acting like she’d be the bad guy or something. Unreasonable. Especially since she had saved him after that! He should’ve been thanking her on his knees… or whatever birds had in place of those. Well, who cared.

Stin stretched, looking further into the thick forest with a smile. Well, she had lost that Darumaka, but that was alright. On her way from Nimbasa to here, she had gotten another Pokémon companion, one much more powerful, not to mention interesting, than that little red blob could ever be. Right now, she was keeping watch somewhere in the forest… probably. Unless she got tired of it and decided to just hunt some food instead. Would be like her.

Letting out a yawn, Stin leaned the back of her head against her hands and mused how fun her first encounter with the beast was. Teras. That’s what she decided to name her in the end. She gave a look at her left hand that was still wrapped up in bandages all the way from her fingertips to her shoulder. It wasn’t broken, but moving it still made her wince.

~

(OOC: I’m going to try out the first person point of view with the flashback. Never posted in it before, so, I want to try it out.)

Route 16

“Just let it go already, Sigi, c’mon. Don’t be all serious like that. Hey!” I tried for the umpteenth time, but my worrywart of a friend didn’t even bother to move a feather in response. He was flying above me, flapping his wings and god, it was so clear he was still pissed. “It was just some random girl. She’ll be fine. They won’t kill a child or anything.”

Lowering my voice and shrugging my shoulders, I added a silent “Probably.”

My attempts to communicate went to deaf ears, and it was starting to piss me off, too. I could feel how I grew annoyed with each passing step in silence. Sigi knew full well I hated silence and still he acted like this? Well fine, he could have it his way. But if he wasn’t going to talk, he could just as well travel alone. Who needed him anyway?

“Hey, Sigi,” I started again, surprised by how low my voice was. It sounded like I was growling at the bird, and it seemed to surprise him, too, as he finally glanced behind his back at me.

It all happened in an instant. I opened my mouth to continue, Sigi’s eyes widened and he let out a loud, ear-piercing shriek of pain as an orange and purple blur wiped past me. I caught a glimpse of eyes, glowing and hungry, and took a step back. My heart jumped at my throat all of a sudden, and I almost choked.

I was frozen in place, staring at where Sigi had flown just a moment ago. Now, all that remained in the air were a few fluttering feathers. It all seemed surreal, like some sort of a still-frame movie I couldn’t get out of. From the corner of my most likely widened eyes I could see that annoying bird in the mouth of a Liepard some feet away from me, but it didn’t register. This wasn’t real. This couldn’t-

The feline let out a small snarl that almost sounded like a laugh and turned, leaping away from me and into a run before I could move a muscle. And then, Sigi let out a cry and I was shaken from my morbid state.

Hell no!

“HEY!” I roared, stumbling after the cat with wobbly legs. It ran fast and I struggled to keep up, especially since I couldn’t really feel my legs. I was running, definitely, but I couldn’t feel anything but my heart, still pounding away at my throat. Sigi was struggling in the predator’s mouth and I growled after his captor: “You aren’t going to eat Sigi, you bastard! G-get back here!”

The Liepard paid me no mind and just kept running, its four legs moving at a far faster pace than my two. But hell if I was going to let that fur ball eat my friend! Wait, what now? Friend? Eh. More like a tarveling companion. We weren’t really… friends…

So what in the world was this stinging feeling? Why was my head spinning? My heart racing? Why wasn’t I enjoying this little chase? I should’ve been. The wind felt great against my face, and it had been a while since my adrenaline had pumped through my veins like this. This, if anything, was excitement. So why?

Sigi let out another cry. He was still alive. I saw him struggling, and I winced. That idiot.

“Stop it Sigi, your wings are gonna tear! Just… just shut up and stay still!” I barked at him, angry, desperate for him to obey. Much to my relief, he instantly stopped and fell limp. Well at least he still had the brains to do what I said. He had always been so loyal to my commands…

My hands curled into fists and I forced myself to speed up. The Liepard was fast, and the distance between us grew with each passing second. I tried to lower my running stance, tried to control my breathing, do anything to move faster. I had been running half my life! God damn it, I wouldn’t lose to this… This…

I should strike it down. Punish it from above. With a flash of lighting, just…

My vision grew blur, and the forest surrounding me flashed in front of me, being replaced by a burnt wasteland. Thunderstorm. It was raining. Lighting…

Pain from my back.

And from... my arm?

I opened my eyes and found myself lying on the ground. The smell of moist ground and grass filled my mind, and it took me a while to realize where I was. I looked around furiously, trees still nothing but green and brown blurs in my eyes. I stood up and held my pained arm. It had some scratches, but nothing major. Had I… fallen over? No way. I’d never be that clumsy. I did not stumble. I was above that.

Just then, I got that feeling. The one of someone watching you. I leaned against a tree behind me, taking a look around once more now that my mind was clear again. The images of wasteland and thunder had completely faded, and as such, I could see what had attacked me.

“You!” I gasped in frustration, looking down at the red blob standing some feet away. Its small body was covered in scratches, and fury shone from its face. Small fists shaking and face in a frown, it looked somewhat… creepy. And not in an interesting way. It was that Darumaka from earlier.

And I had no Pokémon to fight it with. Not that I needed one. It was clear that piece of crap had attacked me, and made me fall over when I was in thought. Cowardly. Normally, I would’ve stepped up and given the bugger a hell to pay. But not now. It wasn’t worth it now. I was in a hurry.

“Look, just scram, okay? I don’t have time for you,” I suggested mockingly, cocking my head. I was already fed up with the stumpy fire type. It had proven itself to be boring back in the city. I’d deal with it later… if I remembered. Now, Sigi.

I turned to look around, feeling my heartbeat intensify again. Where had that Liepard gone? I had gotten up right away, it couldn’t have gotten that far…

Trees, trees, bushes, a Pidove, trees… No, no, it couldn’t have disappeared, not with-

The cry of a pained Tranquill filled the air, and I instantly turned to look up. There, behind a few trees stood a rock, and on top of it, high above the treetops, stood the Liepard. Its form was majestic and its gaze was directed down at me. I could hear it sneer.

I took a step forward, only to have to quickly stumble back to avoid a Flamethrower from the Darumaka. I hit my back against the tree bark and snapped my glare at the small fire type. What, it was going to get in my way now? Apparently so. So I wouldn’t get to save Sigi before dealing with it… Fine then. Hell if I was going to lose to this red blob the size of my leg.

~

OOC: This would've gotten really long, sp figured I’d snip it here. I’ll post the rest of the flashback when an opportunity arises (I think there should be plenty of those) and make sure it’s long enough to justify her acquiring the Liepard. Also, sorry for the quality, I just really, really wanted to catch up now.

~

Stin’s reminiscing was interrupted when Sigi flapped his wings, looking down from the tree with concern. It took her a while before she could get her mind back to present but as she did, she followed her friend’s gaze. There was someone… out cold on the forest floor, along with a sleeping girl. Oh great. And this was the group she was supposed to be fighting Ghetsis with?

"Gah!" Someone yelped just then, gaining Stin’s attention. "Two folks down, two folks down! Anyone got a comfy bed to spare!?" The girl started to panic, and Stin rubber her forehead.

“Fantastic…” She muttered to herself. How old was this girl? The guy just lost consciousness. Wasn’t like he’d gotten hit on the head with a Geodude. Life must’ve been tough for the chick if she worried over everything like that. She sort of… reminded her of Sigi. And she only had the patience to deal with Sigi because he had wings and was fun to tease. Sighing, she decided that now’d be as good of a time to introduce herself as any. So, she pushed herself off the branch and dropped down right in front of her.

She gave a smirk, excited and somewhat sly, and spoke up. “Calm down, missy, you don’t wanna get wrinkles.” She chuckled, nudging her head towards the guy. “You don’t have to get all motherly on him like that. He’s fine.”

Just then, the man started screaming all of a sudden. Stin didn’t jump back in surprise, but she did turn her head and blink her eyes at the man’s sudden… episode. Hands still on her hips, she suppressed a chuckle and looked back at the girl.

“So, okay, apparently he isn’t fine. In the head, at least.” She smiled, no particular ill will intended in her words, despite what it might sound. She was just amused and wanted to brighten up the mood. And what better way to do it than make fun of someone? He was such an easy target with that fainting and screaming, too.

Not to mention…

Stin gave a surreptitious glare at the beautiful Pokémon next to him. He already had his Legendary. And yes, she was bitter about it.

Ysavvryl

Pokedex Researcher
Kestrel
camping site

More of the chosen ones came up to them, but the ones who caused the most concern was a guy that passed out soon after arriving; a girl who seemed to be asleep and a knocked out Meloetta were with him. Alana immediately got up to help them and a third Chosen came out from the trees, telling them that the guy was probably all right.

Of course, then he had to scream out in his sleep.

“So, okay, apparently he isn’t fine. In the head, at least.” The girl smiled, probably meaning it as a joke.

“Let’s get them in the tents, still,” Kestrel said, getting up to do so. “Leo, can you help me get him moved? I’ve got a sheet we can use.” It’d probably be better with the both of them doing so.

Meg put down her bowl and went over to them. “Can I help?” she asked.

“Not unless you know telekinesis, kid,” Xander said to her.

“What’s telekinesis?”

That’d be Meloetta’s Chosen, him,
Reshiram said. And she was chosen by Kyurem… as much as we tried to keep him out of this, it couldn’t be helped. He’ll be less able to affect her now, what with the both of us here as well as Victini’s Chosen.

Kestrel had expected some trouble in moving Matt, given he seemed to be having nightmares. But he calmed down after a couple of minutes, allowing him and Leo to move Matt into a tent. In the meantime, he had brought out some Revives and healing items, leaving them with the others to heal up the Pokémon the pair had brought with them. And when they came back to move Alice, Meg piped up again, “Latias says they’re both sleeping cause they need it.”

“That’s good to know,” Kestrel said.

Some time later, Kestrel got those who were there and awake together again. “Okay, we’re going in for information at this time,” he said. “Roderick, Garnet, if you two don’t mind, would you stay back here to make sure things are okay for those two? If one of them wakes up and seems alert, you can come into the city to find us or do something. Oh, and Reshiram says you might want this.” He handed Roderick a bottle of Leppa berry juice he had pulled out of his storage. “That might help.”

“Alana, Merec, and Meg, I’d like you three to go out and find out the word on the street. Just what people are talking about and the general mood. Sometimes you have to gauge how the public feels about Plasma, to know where you might find help.” Besides they had the child with them; that was the least dangerous option.

“Leo, Xander, if you don’t mind taking Stin with you, would you double check the security in the city? The most likely place they’ll have as a center would be the police headquarters, but they’ve been known to set up command posts elsewhere during events. Don’t engage them unless necessary. I know you two had other things you wanted to check on, so choose what you think is most important.”

Lastly, “Cynthia, would you mind coming with me? I want to check on the recruitment center, but if you have any other places in mind, that’d be good. Same goes for the rest of you; those are just the logical starting points for an investigation here.”

TheSequelReturns

Faithful Crusader
OOC: thanks Mattman for keeping Alice alive while I was busy. I'll take it from here. Although Alice's powers haven't manifested yet, I believe I can work with what you've got going.

---

Alice awoke with a start. The last thing she remembered, they had been fighting some Team Plasma grunts on Marvelous Bridge. And then... everything faded to black. That was all she could remember. She had no knowledge of how they had gotten away, where she was, or how she had come to be here. But her head... she had a splitting headache. She sat up wearily, still a bit off balance. How long had she been out exactly? She felt like she'd been sleeping for days.

She went to rub the sleep out of her eyes and caught something on her hand. It was something dark red, a small smear of color against her fair skin. For a moment, she didn't realize what it was. "Is this... blood?" she said aloud. When had she gotten blood on her? It was already dried, so it must have been from some time ago. Had she or Matt gotten hurt in the battle earlier?

She seemed to be in a tent, and seeing as how she was covered in a warm blanket and unrestrained, she assumed that she hadn't been captured by those Team Plasma grunts. So then... what exactly had happened? Well, she wasn't going to find out here. She took a lot around the tent, noticing Matt unconcious and resting on the other side of the small area. She instantly felt a bit of a blush at the idea of her and a boy sleeping in a tent together, but she quelled it. A warm fuzzy feeling filled her head, and she turned to see Rune looking up at her from the entrance to the tent. The little Elgyem had been keeping watch over her it seemed. And he wasn't alone. Cecil the Joltik was watching as well, his blue eyes shining in the low light.

"Were you two watching over me?" she asked with a smile. Rune nodded and Cecil let out a worried sounding chirp. Rune was acting a bit strange, as if something had happened. "What's wrong Rune?"

The Elgyem shook his head and broadcasted a warm feeling again. Maybe it was just her imagination. She relaxed a bit and took another look at Matt. He looked practically exhausted. He had done so much for her over the past few days, and she had been so cold and distant to him. She still didn't seem to trust him, somewhere in her mind, even after all of this. Still, she needed to try and help him from now on. It was her turn to try and stand on her own feet.

Alice sat up, and stretched, and it was at that point that she heard the talking outside. There were other people here, but who were they? Alice stuck her head outside the tent door and caught sight of a small group of people. Most of them looked fairly young, were these the people they were headed off to meet?

“Leo, Xander, if you don’t mind taking Stin with you, would you double check the security in the city? The most likely place they’ll have as a center would be the police headquarters, but they’ve been known to set up command posts elsewhere during events. Don’t engage them unless necessary. I know you two had other things you wanted to check on, so choose what you think is most important.”

It sounded like they were planning something, so this must be them. They certainly weren't Plasma, that was for sure.

“Cynthia, would you mind coming with me? I want to check on the recruitment center, but if you have any other places in mind, that’d be good. Same goes for the rest of you; those are just the logical starting points for an investigation here.”

So that guy must be the one in charge, the one with the red hair and the straw hat. Was he the Kestral that had sent the message earlier? In that case, was this not just a random forest, but White Forest? If so, then this is the group they were trying to meet.

"Um, excuse me?" Alice asked as she stepped out of the tent. "Oh, I'm sorry." She gave a small curtsie, "Alice Rockwell. Is this White Forest? Is there a Kestral or a Cynthia here? I came here to meet them."

OkikuMew

Alana Bryant

As I get down on my knees to find my super-handy first-aid kit from my bag in a hurry, some girl, with a physique and clothing style similar to mine but with bed-head worthy brown hair, literally drops down right in front of me. Another one of us I guess? What is she doing?

"Calm down, missy," she says with a sly smile on her face, "you don’t wanna get wrinkles."

I turn my head around to her, giving her a disbelieving glare while blindly taking out the med box. Seriously? Those two are out cold and you're saying I should calm down about this?

"You don’t have to get all motherly on him like that", she laughs a bit. "He’s fine."

"At least I care for them!" I snap back at her. How dare she call me like that! She has no right to joke about me, and about him this way... "You've never..."

I hold my hand into a fist and I grasp something strangely familiar in it, and my shoulders are getting progressively heavier. But right there and then, the knocked out guy starts screaming. It sounds like one that comes right out of a horror movie. Startled, my body jerks slightly backwards and I set my sight right at him, I suddenly no longer feel any extra weight on me, and the feeling in my hand vanish. By Arceus, he doesn't sound good...

"So, okay, apparently he isn’t fine." she sassily responds to the shocking moment. "In the head, at least."

Talking about insensitive... She's really one of us? I feel a light 'mind nudge', Virizon affirming she is a chosen. I let out a sigh, roll my eyes and shake my head. Ugh, what was she thinking? We're supposed to be a team here!

"Let’s get them in the tents, still," Kestrel stands up. "Leo, can you help me get him moved? I’ve got a sheet we can use."

Finally, someone with some sense! As Kestrel gives us some healing stuff for the pokémon then goes and get that cover, and little Meg and Xander have a small conversation, I walk up to the fallen duo and their pokémon and look up closely at the various wounds they have. Huh, they don't look as bad as I thought they were. Still, it's enough to bring back memories to my "misadventures"... I'll still keep that med box close to me though. Then I notice that long-haired pokémon, which I think was the one who slipped out of the guy's bag... Meloetta? Yeah I've seen Virizon and now a "pidoved" Reshiram, but it's still so unusual to see things of legends... But I shake my head a bit to swing off those thoughts and then get into the healing business with the creatures. After Kestrel and Leo brought the screamer in a tent and came back to get the girl, Megan squeaks:

"Latias says they’re both sleeping 'cause they need it."

"That's good to know," Kestrel answers.

I nod once and I sigh in relief. "Glad to hear that."

After all is said and done and everyone gather around, Kestrel speaks up again. He gives the job to Roderick and Garnet to check out the two folks staying in the tents, also giving to Roderick some kind of juice. Berry juice I guess? Then he talks towards me, Merec and Meg:

"Alana, Merec, and Meg, I’d like you three to go out and find out the word on the street. Just what people are talking about and the general mood. Sometimes you have to gauge how the public feels about Plasma, to know where you might find help."

"Aye aye!" I lightly salute him.

Finally, some action! I'm also glad he didn't put with missy McBadjoke here... Hmm, so, getting the pulse of the city's our mission, heh? This shouldn't be that hard, but so much for trying to lay low... Oh wells, it's not like everyone knows who the culprit of the "accident" at East Bridge is... right? And we should only need to walk around and eavesdrop on some conversations, no need to actually talk...

"Um, excuse me?", a female voice pops my thoughts out.

I turn my head to it, and lo and behold, it's the girl that was asleep, coming out of the tent!

"Oh, I'm sorry," she politely bows, "Alice Rockwell. Is this White Forest? Is there a Kestral or a Cynthia here? I came here to meet them."

Alice... that name rings a bell. Oh yeah! She was that classy girl that sent the first message to everyone! Now that I think about it, she looks does fit with her manners!

"Oh hey, you're awake!" I exclaim. "Are you feeling ok? Think you'll need something in there?" I wave my medical kit around. "Oh and... I'm Alana Bryant." I scratch the back of my head, a bit embarrassed to not have introduced myself to her earlier. "Indeed we're at the White Forest, and him right here is the Kestrel you're looking for." I point at him. "As for Cynthia, er, I dunno, is there a Cynthia with us...?" I look at the whole group, a bit puzzled. She's probably someone who didn't introduce herself...

((OoC: Feel free to have your character notice (or not) the slight appearance of Alana's rapier and armor. I'll say they appeared with about 20-30% transparency, so someone who really looked at Alana would see the armor a bit and maybe the rapier.))

Last edited:

GoldenHouou

antagoonist
OOC: Just a quick post, so I don’t start falling behind again. And... because I don't know when I'll get the time to post the next time.

---

Stin Nieves
White Forest, by a pond

The screaming guy piped down eventually, and Stin didn’t keep herself from rubbing her ear as visibly annoyed as possible. Geez, finally. Little kids screamed in their sleep, not grown men with Legendary Pokémon by their side. How was a wimp like him chosen, anyway? Boring.

The panicking girl seemed to have retorted something back at her, but Stin had pretty much ignored her, already preoccupied with looking around the campsite in search of that food she had smelled earlier. Though, she could have sworn that from the corner of her eye, she could see the girl's appearance change somehow. By the time she turned to glance at her, however, she was back to normal. Stin gave the girl - Alana, she recalled - a puzzled look, but her attention was quickly taken by some redhead, who seemed to assume the role of a leader out of nowhere. He barked orders and the others, like cattle, moved to obey without a question. Maybe that guy was the source of this heavy, sour mood that hung over the group? He was so serious, so… stiff. Stin couldn’t stand people like him. So, onto his ignore list he went, too.

She leaned against a tree and observed as the screaming guy and the girl accompanying him were carried inside a tent, the panicky chick following behind. Of course. She chuckled to herself. Just like Sigi, in human form! Nobody else in the group caught her attention in particular, except maybe the little girl who spoke something about Latias. Was she a chosen too? That brat? She better not have her legendary already, too.

Just then she heard her name mentioned, and snapped out of her thoughts. She turned her head, a small, curious spark in her eyes. Something for her to do? If it were interesting she’d be all for it and if not, she could give the guy hell for trying to boss her around. Either way, there’d be some action!

“…taking Stin with you, would you double check the security in the city? The most likely place they’ll have as a center would be the police headquarters, but they’ve been known to set up command posts elsewhere during events. Don’t engage them unless necessary. I know you two had other things you wanted to check on, so choose what you think is most important.”

Wait, how did the guy know her name in the first place? She raised an eyebrow, but quickly shrugged it off. Didn’t matter, really. She didn’t want to waste time talking to him; it’d just wear her out. So, she just let out a laugh and mimicked the man’s voice.

“’Don’t engage them unless necessary’,“ She spoke in a formal tone, her expression serious, before she allowed her face fall into a grin again. Shaking her head and speaking more to the group as a whole than to the redhead, she continued in amusement: “Who talks like that? Seriously, just “check the city’s security” would’ve been fine. No need to ramble. We can think for ourselves, y’know. I promise!”

With that, she turned to the two guys she was supposed to go with. Looking them over quickly, she sneered.

“Try not to fall behind by too much, okay? ‘Cause I won’t wait for you. Or save your ass if you get in trouble!” She warned them with a smile, but didn’t bother listening to their answers before she already turned to the rest of the group.

“So!” She exclaimed, her smile never faltering, “Anyone else up for some security checking? I promise it won’t be as dry as our glorious leader made it sound!"