• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Divine - Sign Up Thread

OkikuMew

Awwwwww man, all the legendaries I wanted the most are taken... :( But if greywolf doesn't want Victini, I'll reserve for it... <.< ^^

If he does however takes it, mind if you pm me whenever there's more room available (by people quitting/not enough posts or new legendaries in the list) please? :) It would be greatly appreciated Ysav, this RPG looks so good :D

Ysavvryl

Pokedex Researcher
All right then, I'll register that reserve and keep that request in mind.

Floorman

Creeping On Le Floor
I'm sorry, but I'm going to have to cancel my reservation, I see that someone else is in need of a spot, and at the moment I have no time to write a profile.

OkikuMew

Sorry to hear that Floorman :/ But I'll gladly take your place, having Virizion as my Legendary (which actually was one of my original choices, yay!)

I'll put in my SU later in the day or tomorrow, I'll edit this post to put in my SU (no double-posting for me!) unless Ysa prefers I write it in another post.

Edit: Done! Feel free to tell me if something needs to be changed :)

Name: Alana Bryant
Link: Virizion (Female)
Item: Razor Claw

Description: She's slightly taller than usual women. She have a nice athletic body, but nothing incredible. Her skin is slightly tanned. She have blond hair, tied into a braided ponytail that hangs down to the bottom of her neck. In days she's not at work, she usually wears a pair of well worn but durable sneakers, beige kaki-style shorts with plenty of pockets, a red sleeveless sport shirt and a white light hoodie (usually unzipped) with a pocket on each side. Whenever she needs it, she have her favorite, huge black traveling backpack on her back.

The pendant she received from Tao came attached to a solid-looking silver chain. She wears it around her wrist like a bracelet, but always make sure the pendant is somehow hidden under the sleeve of her hoodie.

Personality: She's a very passionate and energetic woman, always wanting to live life to the fullest. She understands some people are not able to do that though, so she's always there to give a helping hand to a friend or even a stranger in need. When doing any kind of task, she always put all her energy and concentration into it, and never gives up. She always follows her heart, thinking that everything ends for the better and nothing can stop her. She loves sports as they make her feel alive more than anything else. She appreciates nature too, as it's part of life and makes perfect places to exercise.

She have a bit of a temper and often "leaps before thinking" though, which gets her sometimes in trouble. She has quite a hard head, having difficulty to know when to quit and when to admit she's wrong or defeated. She seems always serious (although that's not true); this combined with her tomboy looks, built body and her height, it gives her a hard time to make friends (she doesn't mind though). Although she's athletic, she doesn't know how to swim and she's afraid of water (like pools, rivers and lakes).

History: When Alana was little, she lived with her strict and overprotective parents in Striaton City. They would sent her every day to the Pokemon school, which she didn't mind learning but didn't like staying sit down. The moment school was over though, she would go to Route 2, Route 3 or the Dreamyard to play, usually climbing trees, throwing things or making and going through makeshift obstacle courses.

When she was about 10, Team Plasma and their sages were making their speeches around the region to convince people to release their pokemon. When her parents listened to them, they were not very inclined to their way of thinking, and so as Alana, knowing in her heart it was wrong. But when Ghetsis and his team took over when she was 12, however, her parents were so scared of them that they immediately released their pokemon, stopped sending her to school and even ruled that she can no longer go in the wild and of course never have or even interact with a pokemon. Although she somewhat understood and forgave her parents of thinking and acting this way, she could not accept staying stuck in the city and broke their rules quite a few times, going for a jog in the routes and the Dreamyard anyway when they were not looking.

When she was 18, one day on one of those "forbidden strolls" on Route 3, she spots a group of angry Purrloins attacking a helpless Zebstrika, protecting desperately an egg. Although her parents' voice telling her not to do anything ringed in her head, she couldn't stand the fact nobody was helping. So she stepped in front of the Purrloins and drove the gang away. Unfortunately it was too late for the Zebstrika, its wounds were too big... so it passed away. After a few tears, she decides to hide the abandoned egg in her backpack, bring it home and take it care of it. Later on the egg hatched into a healthy, jolly Blitzle, which she nicknamed him Speedzy. Knowing she can't keep him hidden in her backpack now (although he *kinda* fits in there) and she can't use a pokeball to catch it, she decided to tell her parents she wants to make a life on her own in Castelia City. They surprisingly accepted.

So she moved there into a small cheap apartment, and found a job as a secretary in a fitness center. She's been living like this for now 4 years. The moment she doesn't work, Alana goes see Speedzy (now evolved into a Zebstrika) to take care of him like a mother and sometimes goes out to exercise together when nobody's around.

Pokemon:

Species: Zebstrika
Nickname: Speedzy
Personality: Speedzy is a happy-go-lucky pokemon. He seems always in a good mood. He's also very playful, even after evolving. Although he doubts some of Alana's choices she makes at times, he always behind in everything she does, and loves her as much as he would have loved his real mother.
Other: His moves are Quick Attack, Pursuit, Agility and Wild Charge. Alana can ride him like a horse, but only for half an hour at "normal" speed, as Speedzy have a hard time to handle the extra weight on him.

Species: Panpour
Nickname: Raine
Personality: Although she can be easily panic on dangerous situations, she's mostly calm. She dislikes fighting, only doing so when she absolutely needs to. Polite and kindhearted, she always make sure to be nice to others, repay kindness that others give to her.
Other: Feeling lonely as her ex-trainer didn't take care of her and the fact that Alana fought for her, she gladly saved her life and joined her team. Being a young pokémon with bad training, she only know the moves Scratch, Leer and Lick. Although that she doesn't know Surf and could be considered as pokémon child, she's amazingly strong enough to drag around someone (or something as heavy) in water. Her strength is limited on land though.

Edit no.2: Whoops! I guess I miscalculated the years for her age and everything! ^^; Age and time spent living Castelia City adjusted :)

Last edited:

Ysavvryl

Pokedex Researcher
@OkikuMew: I like Alana; she's pretty cool and she fits Virizion's requirements all right, even with that line about how she has a hard time making friends due to assumptions made of her. But she would do anything for those friends, so it works. Accepted.

A bit of a nitpick, though: Ghetsis took over ten years ago, so you need to bump those ages in her history up by two, or drop her age by two.

Xeren

Lead Psychic, SBPD
Question. Would it be possible to be chosen by a pokemon of a different region?

If not, is it possible to have a character undercover as a Team Plasma, but not a divine?

If not, is it possible to have a character formerly a Team Plasma member, but not a divine?

If not, is it possible to have a normal character who is not a divine?

capitalh

I was just for fun reading you discussion thread and I was wondering if it doesn't go well if I could do it?

Ysavvryl

Pokedex Researcher
^We've barely touched on the plot, so I'm not sure you would know what to do.

As for the other questions, no to all of them; the only players allowed are those who are the chosen of the legendaries, and they must be those of the ones listed. I will probably have open slots in a couple of days (need to double check with some people), but you'll be limited to what is there. And of the non-Unova natives, I will most likely be cutting them out of the next recruiting round as they were added because more people showed interest than I had space available.

Xeren

Lead Psychic, SBPD
Okay then. Be sure to contact me if a spot opens. I'll take any of em. Most of the Unova pokemon may have sucked, but the ledgies were epic! Even Melotta. Oh god that thing is beast. Lol, but Zekrom is better XD

greywolf123

Well. I ah, apologize for how ridiculously tardy I am on this. I understand if you don't even want me anymore.

But here's the sign up I promised, mediocre, but hopefully acceptable.

Name: Roderick Johnson
Link: Victini, female seems most appropriate.
Item: Leftovers

Description: Roderick at the moment stands at 5’10, not too tall, or too short. His hair is slightly long, leading to him brushing it out of his eyes every now and again, and is shaggy, since he tends to not comb it as often as he should. Its not ugly though, just messy. His face is rather normal, a few acne splotches, but nothing too noticeable, in fact his skin is rather clear for his age. His eyes are his most notable feature, blue eyes always seeming to be reflecting his thoughts, be they contemplative, angry, or happy.

As for his physique, he’s fit but like a runner, not much body muscle on him, just lean and wiry. His is a runner’s physique, and he’s very good at it, though he’s not the strongest guy out there. He also tends to be either tan, or sunburnt red during the summer, as he really doesn’t use sunscreen as often as he should.

Personality: There are three things you are going to notice immediately about Roderick, the first being that Roderick is smart. That’s something you’re going to notice about him first thing. Be it his ability to plan ahead, or his ability to completely make stuff up on the fly, he’ll likely impress you somehow with his intelligence. He tries not to show it off, but it happens regardless of that.

The second thing your going to notice about him is how compassionate he can be. He tends to try and empathize with people, and truly believes that no one is beyond redemption. Everyone can be good, and he’s not about to give up on someone unless he has to, and even then he will be reluctant. This can cause him to be naïve at times, but he long ago decided that being naïve and helping people is better than being jaded and not.

The last major trait you’ll notice about him is that he tends to be very social. A gregarious person, he tends to be able to make friends rather easily, finding it easy to break the ice with a person, and persistent enough to wear down even the iciest of personalities. A sort of natural charisma exudes from him.

Dig a little deeper, beyond the intelligence, charisma and compassion, and your going to find a few other important traits of his. First would be his dedication to his friends. If he manages to make a friend of you, expect him to be there regardless of anything else. He won’t give up on a friend, no matter how much he has to help them, and rarely holds grudges against friends. The only real way to lose his trust is to hurt his other friends, which he considers unacceptable.

The second one would be a rather bad case of self-esteem issues. He tends to view himself very negatively, attributing his success to others, and excoriating himself for his own mistakes. Due to this, he tends to put up a façade of cheeriness, acting happy, but never really feeling it, except on a few occasions.

Lastly he has some issues with attachment, which manifest themselves in him being overly clingy. He tends to not want to let people go, always wanting to be around people, and when he’s alone he tends to suffer rather bad bouts of loneliness. It can be fairly brutal for him, which is why he tends to almost always be around someone.

History: Roderick’s life was never very easy. His family life was, abnormal, to say the least. His mom and dad fought most of the time, and he absolutely hated it. Then when he was 5, his father just left, taking a suitcase and leaving him and his mom alone. It only got worse from there. His mom then proceeded to date quite a few guys, most of them jerks. None were violent, but most ignored him, acting like he wasn’t there, or yelling at him when he was.

This went on for about two years before his mom managed to find someone decent to date. At the very least, he was polite to Roderick, never hurting him, and treating him with a modest amount of respect. His mom seemed to be quite smitten with him, and he with her, so Roderick was hoping that perhaps at the very least he might stick around longer than the other guys had.

A year would pass, and he would turn 8. And then once more someone important would leave him. This time however, it was both of his parents. He was at a friends house when he got the news. Both of his parents ended up in a car accident. Neither one of them survived.

This was a hard time for Roderick, especially considering the situation. Ghetis’s rise to power was far more on everyone’s mind than the turmoil of a kid with no parents, so he ended up moving foster homes rather quickly. He never really got to stay attached to anyone, and ended up having to try and make friends every time he moved.
He got good at meeting people because of it, making friends quicker and quicker each time he left and then had to go to a new place. He hated to be alone, he hated it when no one was around, so he got quite skilled at making friends. Even if that oftentimes meant he was willing to do some questionable things to gain them.

By the time Ghetis had consolidated his power, he was about 9, and had his first adoption. An older couple adopted him, their own kids having gone away, and for a little while, his life was okay. It wasn’t excellent, but it was okay. The embargo on goods made life hard for a while, but eventually everyone adapted. By the time he was eleven, things seemed to be looking up for him.

Then another tragedy struck. One of the older couple had a stroke. A major one in fact, leaving him crippled on most of his right side. He hung on for another year,but eventually he couldn’t last, and the health issues piled up until he was no more.

It was terrible for Roderick, and the widow. They still had enough money, but the widow by now had become distant, having spent much of her time caring for her husband. It was almost like she didn’t know what to do, now that he was gone. Roderick tried to help her, but she seemed to draw away from him.

three years would pass under this, until he was 15. He had finally managed to settle down somewhere, finally managed to make some friends, and finally managed to get some balance to his life. It wasn’t easy, living with Ghetis’s rule, but he did it anyway, trying to help people, and make things better. Until his life was once more, struck with tragedy.

The widow died. She had been slowly deteriorating for a while, but it was this year that she accelerated, as if she had given up all will to live. Now once again without a guardian, he found himself in the foster care system again. A year would pass in this system, and then he would find himself adopted once more.

This family was curt, to say the least. They seemed to be adopting him more because they wanted an heir, than because they really cared about him. There was not much love in that household, but they cared for him, and gave him a stable place to live, at least until now.

Other: Nope

Pokemon –

Victini
Personality: Victini is highly sociable, friendly, and enthusiastic. She wants people to do their best and will encourage them however she can. As she prefers to be whimsical, she doesn’t fit in well with serious situations and can annoy people in that manner. She will keep herself tidy, but will jump into any situation (messy, dangerous, or otherwise) to help someone else. Whether that person wants it or not.

Last edited:

Ysavvryl

Pokedex Researcher
Well if it helps stir the game back into action, I'm okay with that. Interesting take on the character, especially the clingy part put onto a male character. I like bending gender expectations. It fits in nicely with his history. Accepted, and I'll get you a PM soon about some other information.

Ysavvryl

Pokedex Researcher
After dropping inactive members, there are a few slots open again. Cobalion, Terrakion, Tornadus, and Landorus are available. I'm still requiring good quality SUs, something like what follows. Save for the part under Other in Kestral's part, as that's GM authority on items like that.

Name: Kestrel Lancaster
Link: Reshiram, female
Item: Scope Lens

Description: Kestrel has dark red hair which often gets into a windswept mess if it’s not covered with a hat. Because he doesn’t like the look of really short hair (even though that would help the messy part), he keeps it a few inches long with no bangs. He has a combination of thick eyebrows, light green eyes, and a sharply defined nose that intensifies his gaze and often reminds others of a predatory bird. He backs this up with a tall, slim, and muscular body that looks like he could handle a fist fight and a sprinting match equally well.

Since he travels around, many of his clothes are sun-faded. He has a straw hat with a wide brim that he wears often; it has a red and yellow plaid trim too. His jacket matches the hat, in red and yellow plaid, but he doesn’t wear it in warm weather. Otherwise, he mostly wears t-shirts and jeans, some more worn and faded than others. He also has brown hiking boots and a brown shoulder travel bag, the latter with various decorative patches sewn on it. His yin-yang pendant is kept on a necklace chain, along with a pair of dog-tags.

Personality: Kestrel is quiet and observant, patient and watching for opportunities to strike. He’s a planner who will research things before doing them, or research things that he doesn’t understand… or research just about anything, really. When presented with a puzzle or riddle, he resolves to solve it and will focus a lot of attention on it. It’s a bit of a weakness, actually, in that he finds such things irresistible and difficult to let go.

He is highly intelligent when it comes to scholarly things, or to factoids and trivia. Kestrel has studied a wide range of things, although he only knows a few things in depth. When it comes to people, he’s not quite as adept. He tends to interrogate people and is honest to a fault. Realizing this, he tries to limit how much he says so that he doesn’t come off as too intimidating, or give himself away to Plasma. He sees dishonesty as the road to trouble and if he is in a situation where the truth will cause trouble, he’s more likely to clam up or attempt to change the subject.

While he is often analytical, he is caring and dislikes being heartless as much as being dishonest. He has a superstitious side when it comes to death and the afterlife. He grew up in and still holds onto a culture of ancestor worship, often paying respect to the dead. Believing in fairness and equality, he will do whatever he can to make things right. It has yet to be seen how far he will take ‘whatever he can to make things right’, but sometimes he does get a harsh or sharp edge in matters of justice.

When frustrated with something, he often goes out for a light run or boxing practice to clear his mind and think things through. Kestrel believes that mind and body ought to both be kept strong. He’s tried to deny his emotional side as a weakness, but doesn’t really control them. Due to this, a highly emotional moment can easily turn him irrational and impulsive.

History: A lot of Kestrel’s personality was formed by his father and grandfather, who were both in military forces. They taught him to train his mind and body as much as he did for his Pokémon, as well as ingraining integrity and self-reliance into him. Growing up in Iccirus, he often spent time exploring around the countryside, even in Twist Mountain and in winter. One of his favorite spots to camp had always been at the lakeshore where Dragonspiral Tower was. It was such a mysterious structure; he and his friends at the time would often try to find the way to get inside, but no entrance was to be found.

That is, until Team Plasma demolished the old sealed door. Kestrel wasn’t able to get in at that time, but later he was able to explore around the lower levels with Puffy, a Woobat that he had caught in the Twist Mountain caves. They weren’t able to get too far in because the Pokémon hanging around were too strong, often knocking Puffy out. By the time the Woobat was strong enough to handle it, Ghetsis had fully taken over and Dragonspiral Tower was declared off-limits to the public.

Although he had to release his Pokemon, Puffy decided to stick near him, pushing Kestrel into starting his policy of being careful with what he said. Kestrel was curious about Team Plasma, but wasn’t interested enough to join. He tried to research about them and found it difficult. In those early months, Plasma started revising certain events including denying the existence of Hilda. This increased his curiosity and started his dislike of them, for trying to make falsehoods into history. He had encountered Hilda once himself, having battled her (he lost) in Twist Mountain. He started recording things in an electronic journal that he kept private, hoping to find out what happened.

In the next few years, Kestrel finished up his schooling. He started taking classes in media and journalism, but Plasma already controlled things and he dropped out after a year, not wanting to add to their propaganda. He traveled around, talking to people and always trying to figure out what had really happened. To make ends meet, he took on odd jobs, mostly delivering packages and letters as Pokémon deliveries are much harder to come by.

It was while he was checking for such jobs in Castelia that he was asked to deliver some odd packages from someone named Tao to certain people who were hard to find. Including himself, Kestrel was intrigued to find out. He opened his, considered what it meant, then decided to make the other deliveries as anonymously as he could. He would remember those names, though, and pick up what information he could use along the way.

Other: He keeps a few useful TMs and HMs in a hidden pouch in his bag and he’s willing to teach those moves to the Pokémon of others, for a fee though.

Pokemon

Species
: Swoobat
Nickname: Puffy

Personality: Puffy is as girly as one can get without being able to communicate with people. She adores cute things, has a sweet tooth, and likes to nuzzle people. She hates being wet and loves it when she gets groomed (especially if accessories are involved). Being positive, optimistic, and a bit ditzy, she seems like a contrasting personality with Kestrel. But they get along well and given that she evolved because of him, she’s a devoted friend to her Trainer.

Other: Puffy knows Fly.

Last edited:

Ysavvryl

Pokedex Researcher
Okay; the last player said it was fine, so Cobalion is now reserved for you. The game has cycles of activity and inactivity, like most games.

niedude

Don't forget to grin
Here goes nothing xP

Character Sheet

Name: Ken Truesdale
Link: Cobalion, Male
Item: Muscle Band
Cobalion

Personality: Cobalion is brave and determined, not flinching in the face of any danger. He will not stand for injustice or laziness. While he has the qualities of a great leader, he is strict and can be intolerant. It is hard to deter him from a goal he has set for himself.

Description: The first thing one notices when looking at Ken is how his demeanour perfectly fits his physique. He is tall and well muscled from the training he got from Team Plasma, but he is also slim and with very narrow shoulders due to his body style being naturally thin.

His semblance is quiet, intimidating and impossible to read. His face, as well as his actions, are coated in layers of subterfuge, and Ken is able to manipulate what emotion he shows. He does this not to manipulate others, per se, but to hold his ground and to assure no threats, even in a simple conversation. His eyes show exactly this, their green colour not shining back any of the hope the colour is said to represent.

His hair is chestnut brown and kept medium short, parted sideways, ending in spikes on both sides of his head. Both sides form one joint and equally spiky barrier of hair on the back of his head.

This soldier is very practical, and so dons but a dirty t-shirt which used to be white – though now it bears a mix of different colours and shades, being somewhere between grey, brown and green in general- under a brown jacket, a pair of trusty, ragged jeans, the legs so loose from wear they now hold no resistance while hiking, or other backbreaking tasks or travels, and hiker boots.

He is of average complexion, not too dark nor too white for a Caucasian male, but since he rarely keeps a roof over his head – other than the jungle canopy, I mean- his skin has begun to tan.

The steel pendant he received comes with a chain, though he doesn’t wear it in any part of his body. Instead, he keeps it in his pockets, occasionally removing it to contemplate it, as well as all the many things the item brings into mind.

His other accessories include a swiss army knife, a steel item used to start fires through friction (if someone could tell me if this thing’s actually got a name I’d appreciate it), a rope and a pair of sunglasses (for protection from his own Watchog’s attacks.)

Personality: The best word to determine Ken would be determined. Focused, stubborn, professional and radical are also equally accurate descriptions.

This young man has the personality of a soldier mixed with a general and the makings for the best darn right hand of a ruler. He sets long-term goals for all his actions, and puts the bar up the highest it can go, inavertedly or no.

He knows the reality of the human heart: that it is dark and opportunistic, yet doesn’t hate this fact. He embraces it, and acknowledges that the people need a good ruler, He’s come to view Ghetsis as somewhat of a role model, since he single handily conquered a region with nothing but a group of far-out radicals and assumed control of it. Not only that, the region kept prospering even though it was isolated from the entire world.

As such, he tries to train himself to be a good ruler, or what he considers to be a good ruler, though he’d much prefer the very underestimated job of being the King’s right hand. He tries to distance himself, to be objective with all things, to have a clear, tactical mind, and to be in full control of his own world, one he builds according to his own agenda.

Socially, and around those he deems to be trustworthy, to be “friends” (should he one day afford such a luxury), he is kind, curious as to their beliefs and psychology, and loves to debate philosophy. Though he generally appears threatening and unapproachable, should he find himself in a situation where he doesn’t even remember he lives in a dictatorship, that he knows too much and has the future of the region in his hands, he finds that his smile appears surprisingly frequently on his face, and that he often laughs at what others say.

However, in this world, those situations are rare.

Instead, he is intrusive and comes at you too strong when starting conversations, in an obvious attempt at getting the most information possible out of you before you even have a chance to ask him the time of day, and evasive and dismissive once he gets what he wants out of you.

Often, he will leave as soon as he deems the conversation to be over. Which is just when he finished interrogating you. The training he’s endured and the life he’s lead has since built him into a loner, and the hardship this title brings is one he accepts with open arms, believing it will only make him stronger once he builds a new government.

One other thing: His knowledge and acceptance of human darkness will make him very prone to Cobalion’s heavy bias, and whether or not he will become the next Ghetsis, or the herald of a new golden age for Pokémon and humans alike remains something to be seen.

History:
Ken is old enough to have been a Pokémon trainer prior to Ghetsis’ take over. He only had a handful of Pokémon and was treating his training as nothing more than a hobby, he’d never even challenged any gyms or had a full team.

However, the short amount of time as a trainer let him see many wrong doings being overlooked. The power Pokémon trainers held, and most happened to be teenagers, could rival that of an army. Pokémon themselves were dangerous, and in the wrong hands they could unleash destruction.

This rather peculiar view of the world was, though odd and unshared by the rest of the populace which seemed to want to ignore this elephant in the living room, nothing Ken tortured himself over.

It all changed when, during a standard practice battle against a brat he’d just met, his starter Pokémon, a Tepig, is killed by a Tyranitar his opponent kept as a secret weapon.

He was 13 at the time, and this was months before Team Plasma took to the streets and changed the region.

Unlike most citizens, Ken fully embraced the principles of Team Plasma without second guessing or brain-washing propaganda. The loss of his starter was still in his mind and the young boy was still mourning its death, and naturally, cursed the negligent trainer who killed it.

The liberation of all Pokémon was hastily implemented, and Ken was rather glad to release his remaining team. He’d rather them have a shot at a happy, tranquil life living free than risk being killed for sport. Literally.

However, his actions were but the result of youthful revenge. A tantrum extended on a nationwide level.

As he grew older, he grew an interest in philosophy, politics and war. While on one side, the Team Plasma indoctrinators educated him into their practice, he simultaneously educated himself on all manner of topics, devouring books which would soon be censored, learning branching ideals from those of Team Plasma.

He also began to have second thoughts about a society of humans completely ostracized from Pokémon. Sure, this society needed to be controlled, but Pokémon have adapted to our society just as much as humans had built it around Pokémon, too. And no one could tell the time he’d spent with his Pokémon was wrong, either.

Maybe their old society wasn’t perfect, but this one wasn’t, either. With this in mind, the young man started dreaming of a new world... one which he’d built. One which would get right what the previous two got wrong.

As he grew older he also came to a realisation: Ghetsis was a farce. Team Plasma itself was hypocritical, because they kept pokéballs and Pokémon leashed when they forbid the populace to do so. They claimed their members were especially trained or some such, but, having an inside view of things, Ken knew this to be complete and utter bullcrap.

Their speech for freedom and equality was nothing more than a carefully executed plan to rid the region of its most powerful and unpredictable army: Pokémon Trainers. They simultaneously unarmed Unova and threw it in a state of turmoil! The region was ripe for the picking.

The mysterious disappearance of N, the one member Ken had full trust on (and he knew such was the case of the entire populace) was also mighty... fortuitous. Ghetsis was obviously the mastermind behind the entire Team’s rise to power, so, Ken believed, he had N killed as soon as he’d served his purpose and usurped the new king’s throne.

This all outraged him, but he needed proof. One single, irrefutable document, picture or... anything that could so much as hint at corruption at the highest echelons of power.

And so, when he was 20 years old, Ken began to spy on his teammates and breaking into facilities where a low rank like him was not authorized. It was when breaking into the new and rebuilt lab at the dreamyard where, right before he could get inside the archives, the alarm went off.

Ken was absolutely sure he hadn’t tripped it himself, but the tiniest seed of doubt was taking root in his mind. He escaped the lab, furious at how close he’d gotten for nothing, almost being caught by the guards in the middle of the confusion.

He might have escaped, but there was still the fact that he was compromised. If Team Plasma captured him he’d just be taken to wherever the hell they take traitors, never to be heard of again.

It was time, he decided, to quit this farce. To run before they started chasing.

And so, he left for the wild, the Watchog Plasma trained for him following behind. He’d spent the next four years trying to hinder his new enemies in any way he could, vandalism, breaking and entering... arson. Anything for his new world.

Other: His Watchog was given to him by Team Plasma and followed Ken itself, either out of sheer loyalty or some possible indoctrination.

Pokemon –

Species: Watchog
Nickname: Sentinel

Personality: Sentinal’s nickname summarizes his character traits perfectly. The little rodent was trained for obedience and passed all tests to eventually make its way into the care of a Team Plasma officer. During battle, it will stand his ground and wait until an overconfident opponent gets too close to use a blinding Flash, or a point-blank Hypnosis. After this distraction tactic, the enemy is finished off quickly with a mix of different fang and biting attacks.

Other: He’s had a Team Plasma license and could still carry Watchog with him, should he so wish. He doesn’t since it would make him stick out like a sore thumb, which would be bad both for his beloved secrecy and for his own comfort. Instead, Watchog just tends their campsite or gathers food while he’s in town.

Last edited:

Ysavvryl

Pokedex Researcher
In case anyone checks here, Terrakion, Tornadus, and Landorus are all open for new players.

@niedude: I'd rather just see what his starting Pokemon will be, though you can keep those in your own records for reference until they show up, in which case they should be added then. Although having both Carracosta and Accelegor, how would he get those two? Both abandoned by Trainers? Past that...

He fits well, but what in particular made him quit Team Plasma? Was it one instance that revealed the hypocrisy, or a series of troubling signs? It's Pending for now.

He and Kestrel are both intimidating interrogators; it'd be interesting to see those two meet.

niedude

Don't forget to grin
Ken quit Team Plasma because he saw their agenda was always political and not philosophical. Having strong political ideas himself, some in accordance with Team Plasma, some not, this hit him rather hard. Also, he felt cheated and betrayed, not to mention he was being used as a pawn in a game he didn't like.

Though what triggered the resignation was the inside spying he tried to do. He didn't go very far before he was almost found out. The resignation was both the ethical thing to do and the safe way out.

The Carracosta and Accelgor "captures" are both planned. Do you have a problem with Accelgor in the wild? Since the evolution method seems to involve nothing other than Shelmet and karrablast switching shells, I always thought it to be a natural thing to occur in the wild.