• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

DLC Wishes Thread

Drakonekoshi

I'd like to see Tyranitar (my favorite pokemon), Hawlucha, Hitmonchan, Zoroark and Goodra, any of my favorite Pokemon really.

Sabre_King

I hope scizor, empoleon and darkrai turn into playable characters, just because the roster is in need of it. With that being said if these three do become playable then my thoughts on their roles would be darkrai being in the speed category, scizor as a power character, and empoleon has a standard character. Since the character select screen on the wii u version has four possible slot openings then my final hope for a dlc charater would have to be noivern as standard fighter.

Dew Watatsumi

Water Type E-3
There are a few pokemon i can see being in Pokken and these mons are

Samurott
While Dewott could work too and get the Braixen treatment, i can see Samurott working a lot better. While we do have a quadraped such as Suicune, Samurott has been shown to fight in both bipedal and quadrapedal positions. I can see many uses of his moveset such as Ice Beam for long range attacks or an anti air, Razor Shell would be an interesting move to based his combos around and maybe other moves such as Megahorn or Superpower at his desposal. Sorry, we do need a sword fighter mon in Pokken, you *could* count sceptile but I digress. Samurott i can see either as a standard or a power mon for Pokken

Harizama/Snorlax
Big heavy mon which can incorporate a sumo style into Pokken, while Hariyama perfectly fits that, Snorlax can be a good alternative as well. Harizama could have moves like Arm Thrust and Strength to power through his opponents and Smellingsalt which can (ironacally) stun the opponent to get some good grabs off with as well. While Snorlax can also throw his weight around, Snorlax could have a large variety of moves like Body Slam, Rollout, Mega Punch, or even Earthquake. Though it would be funny if Snorlax's low stance is rest giving him tiny amounts of hp recovery. Both would fit in the power category

Jynx
Yes I said Jynx! If Chandelure and Gardevoir can make it in then so can Jynx. While known for being "controversal", Jynx is really not a bad mon that I can see being used very well for Pokken. I could see her with oves such as Ice Punch, Psychic, Lovely Kiss (would be good for grabs) and maybe even Light Screen for a potential "counter". Though like Gardevoir i can see Jynx easily being in the Technique category

Miltank
This should be self explanatory. Though would most likely be Standard since Miltank is faster than what most people think

Sabre_King

It's probably gonna be Scizor, because of the data in the patch.

I agree out of the three pokemon data mined I hope it is scizor just because of the lack of bug pokemon in the game. This applies to both the playable pokemon and support pokemon, there is just no bug representation at all, which is odd since either scizor or heracross or perfect pokemon to play in the game, plus I am sure a bug type could have been chosen for a support role at the very least. The same can be applied for rock types as well, I see a rock type pokemon leaning more on the support side, unless the creators work a playable pokemon side really well, in which guess the fighter would have to be a power type.

I know this thread is hardly looked at but I was just wondering what pokemon everyone still wished entered the game and the choices had to be one pokemon per region. I say one per region just to give the balance to each generation, and I know this probably won't happen, but if the game becomes a franchise then I can see these pokemon being new possibilities. My choices would be:
Kanto: Nidoking- I can see Nidoking being a power type fighter, and give poison types a better representation, since I feel Gengar leans more towards the ghost type, then balance both ghost and poison.
Jhoto: Ursaring- Ursaring will be a standard fighter, and my reasoning is simply to give normal types a rep. in the game, plus Ursaring can be considered a powerful pokemon, especially for normal types.
Hoenn: Claydol- Indeed a random choice, but since chandelure made it in then any pokemon is up for grabs. Claydol I would consider a technical fighter with a balance of moves between ground and psychic.
Sinnoh: Electivire- Electivire would be a standard fighter and give player's an extra electric type that is not pikachu. Electivire has a vast move pool of punches, as well as, distance attacks that could make it a threat up close and far away.
Unova: Zoroark-This choice is mainly based on seeing the match up of zoroark versus lucario. Definitely a standard fighter more distance attacks over close combat attacks.
Kalos: Noivern- Noivern would fall under the speed fighting catergory. Similar to electivire, Noivern would be a threat up close and afar, except its attacks will be a bit weaker then electivire, but makes up for it with the speed of the numerous moves it will be able to produce.

Last edited:

Sabre_King

I am so excited that Darkrai is to be added to the game and definitely it is a technical fighter which I was assuming. I cannot not wait to try this character out, hopefully the wii u editions get it soon as well. With darkrai being confirmed I am hoping that the data files on empoleon and scizor become true since those two would also be excellent editions as well, which would then leave one final character slot on the character select screen.

Victreebong

Gives 'em the slip..
Darkrai is great news. I had a hunch; he wasn't a support Pokémon and he's pretty justifiable from a developer's standpoint, and fandom wise. A lot to work with.

I still stand by my original post a month or so ago about Scizor being a sure (and necessary) candidate. And with the data mining being correct about Darkrai, I'm 100% confident we'll be seeing red colored Bullet Punches shortly. ;)

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
I wonder if now that they're doing DLC if we'll get some Alola Pokemon DLC to coincide with the release of Sun and Moon, or would they rather save such Pokemon for the potential and somewhat inevitable Pokken 2.

Emperor Empoleon

Honor of Kalos
I'm actually hoping that 'Mission Panel' from the Darkrai Trailer comes to the WiiU as well, in addition to new characters. I'm all for Single Player content/further replay value.

AuraKshatriya

I expect Scizor, due to its overall notoriety amongst Generation 2 Pokemon, amongst all Bug-types, and in general. It fills several niches. Plus, its moves can have extra hitstun resistance (i.e. armor) to them. Overall he'd be an excellent inclusion that I'd definitely try oyt.

Empoleon, while a cool Pokemon, would be quite surprising. I do hope his inclusion wouldn't exempt Greninja's, since I feel Greninja really needs to be in this game as well as a testament to his overall significance as part of the franchise now, and to fully illustrate his battle capabilities in ways the main series games can't.

I'd also still really like Hawlucha to get in; a showy fighter who loves to give it his all - this kind of flashy Fighting Game is perfect for him, and if we've already allowed two Mewtwos and two Pikachus, it'd be grating to use repetition as an excuse not to include Hawlucha. Plus, he'd be capable of far more aerial maneuvers than Pikachu Libre is.

More wildcard characters I'd like to see would be Lopunny and Golurk. Lopunny could use a fighting style similar to a ballerina dancing, with pirhouettes and the like, and then change to a more gymnastics-orientated style upon Mega Evolution. Plus, more female Pokemon representation is always good.

Golurk could be the quintessential "giant character". Furthermore, Pokken is uniquely capable of showing off the rocket-based capabilities of Golurk (powered flight, bursts of flames from its arms, etc.). Integrating its Ghost- and Ground-typings in alongside the raw hand-to-hand combat and rocket elements could allow for a really unique and refreshing moveset for Golurk.

Victreebong

Gives 'em the slip..
@ AursKshytria

I like the Lopunny idea. Although, between Lucario, Braizen and Gardevoir, they're going to get loads of flack for all the tongue-in-cheek fanservice...

I'd like roundhouse kicks, spins, and significant air game if they picked Lopunny. Weavile, Sceptile and Blaziken have the best right now, IMO. Weavile's too willy with better attacks on the ground, and Sceptile's too awkward, so right now it's up to Blaziken. Lopunny could go with Jump Kicks, split kicks, flip kicks, and jump offs on the opponent. I like. It obviously has the Mega version option for the Synergy Burst. And, it'd be a Normal type! They somehow overlooked Rock, Bug and Normal.

Sabre_King

With Scizor added and Empoleon on the way that likely leaves one more potential slot for a fighter. I think it would be cool if they managed to pull a gen 7 pokemon into the game, It is plausible as greninja had been worked on for smash bros. before x and y ever came out so there's no reason to say it can't happen. If this were to happen then I would love the gen 7 representative to be Lycanroc (out of personal bias but also to fill the role for a rock type pokemon). Either form would be fine with me, i mean it would be a stretch since it doesn't happen in game but I could see the sun form being used while the night form could be saved for the synergy burst form. If this wouldn't happen then I would love to see Hawlucha get in :)

Victreebong

Gives 'em the slip..
Croagunk it is! I guessed Toxicroak a while ago, so I wasn't that far off. So I got Scizor and the Croak line right. Still holding out for Dewott, Kabutops and Shiftry. Maybe in a sequel.

This is great news with Croagunk because 1) support Pokemon aren't off limits and 2) more Poison love is always appreciated. Also, another fantastic NFE Mon! This isn't the main games after all, so they have all sorts of ways to make these guys shine.

Pokemon Power

I find it surprising since Croagunk was already a Support Pokemon, then again, it opens up the window for more possibilities.

Victreebong

Gives 'em the slip..
Just watched the preview vid, and we sure Crogunk isn't a tech type? Also... It's odd. Way odd, I'm getting Dan vibes. Disappears and drops out of the sky, head plants, George Costanza levels of lounging and poses. I really don't want all the Poison types to be unusual. They can be crafty, but make sure we get one that's a beast.

Pokemon Power

It's been a while. And I have a feeling this will be one of the final posts before this thread gets locked. So they have announced Pokken Tournament DX for Switch, with all the arcade characters that were added after the Wii U version's release plus Decidueye from Sun and Moon. Do you think there will be DLC for the Switch version?

Italianbaptist

Informed Casual
I wouldn't mind at least one or two Sun/Moon Pokemon as dlc or updates like the arcade version. I maintain that Pheromosa could borrow heavily from Nina Williams. Not so sure about Tsareena anymore since deciduous is our resident grass type, but perhaps Salazzle could be the Anna to Pheromosa's Nina?

And of course we can't forget about Tapu Koko - he's become more iconic as the Alola legendary than even the box mons.