• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

DLC Wishes Thread

PrismaticPrincessAnna

I'll do my Lilliest
Question tho. Coz theres no question thread

Can this be played between me and my friend online just the two of us or do we need more people like splatoon

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
So much for no DLC.

Anyways, this is probably better than to spend money for a sequel.

But like all Fighting games, this confirms that Pokkén will be rereleased with gradual DLC updates.

Edit: Just as a precaution, here's my guesses:

Playable:
-Venusaur
-Swampert
-Greninja
-Incineroar

Support:
-Manaphy
-Shaymin
-Zoroark
-Hoopa
-Minccino
-Marill

Last edited:

Pokemon Power

I know! Finally, this thread I made is worth something. Anyways this is what I'm hoping for. As playable Pokemon, Jigglypuff, Swampert, Zoroark and Greninja, and for support Pokemon, Poipole, Steenee, Bewear, Hitmonchan, Solgaleo, Alolan Raichu, Golurk and Jolteon.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
Playable:
-Venusaur

Even for a game like Pokkén, I don't see Venasaur fitting as a fighting game character. The same was the case for Ivysaur in Brawl. It just didn't feel right.

Greninja and Inceneroar are definitely coming, there's no doubt about that. For me, here are some others I would like to see in the game (not all of them, just hopefuls):

Playable Pokémon
- Arcanine
- Jynx
- Mr. Mime
- Alakazam
- Hitmontop
- Ledyba
- Miltank
- Swampert
- Hariyama
- Deoxys
- Lopunny
- Infernape
- Vespiquen
- Dusknoir
- Cofagrigus
- Bisharp
- Darmanitan
- Meloetta
- Diggersby
- Hawlucha
- Noivern
- Tapu Koko (but come on, we all know it's going to happen)
- Pheromosa
- Lycanroc Midnight

Support Pokémon
- Togepi (Metronome)
- Blissey (Softboiled)
- Florges (Grassy Terrain)
- Ho-oh (Sacred Fire)
- Lugia (Whirpool)
- Haunter (Destiny Bond)
- Igglybuff (Sing)
- Clawitzer (Hydro Pump)
- Donphan (Rollout)

Victreebong

Gives 'em the slip..
So much for my hopes of getting any of this on Wii U. I'm happy for Switch owners, but we early adopters have received burn after burn.

Italianbaptist

Informed Casual
Glad to see Pokken getting some DLC :) Hoping for more 7th gen Pokemon eventually. At first I was thinking there would be 4 total DLC characters but maybe bump it up to 6 because of the character select screen. It looks so much more complete when all the boxes are filled in.

I'm with PrinceofFacade in thinking that one of them will most likely be Tapu Koko. As for another one, I'm curious about the new Pokemon added in Ultra Sun and Moon. Naganadel would make for a really interesting choice I think - his build is similar to a fighter but just different enough to make it interesting - no legs, bigger wings than arms a la Charizard in Smash 4, giant needle that also shoots projectiles for a bottom half. Another option would be Blacephalon for a Voldo-style character, but another Fire/Ghost type? Not likely to me.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
Glad to see Pokken getting some DLC :) Hoping for more 7th gen Pokemon eventually. At first I was thinking there would be 4 total DLC characters but maybe bump it up to 6 because of the character select screen. It looks so much more complete when all the boxes are filled in.

I'm with PrinceofFacade in thinking that one of them will most likely be Tapu Koko. As for another one, I'm curious about the new Pokemon added in Ultra Sun and Moon. Naganadel would make for a really interesting choice I think - his build is similar to a fighter but just different enough to make it interesting - no legs, bigger wings than arms a la Charizard in Smash 4, giant needle that also shoots projectiles for a bottom half. Another option would be Blacephalon for a Voldo-style character, but another Fire/Ghost type? Not likely to me.

Blacephalon does sound like a great idea, honestly, but that's pokemon for a sequel.

If we get any Ultra Beasts for Pokkén now, it will likely be Buzzwole and Pheromosa. In fact, I could very well see them as a third and final set of waves in the DLC campaign.

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
I don’t have the game but playable Pokémon I think should be included are Pheromosa, Buzzwole, Celesteela, Xurkitree, Incinaroar, and Zoroark.

Litleonid

Playable Fighters
Incineroar
Kommo-o
Midnight Lycanroc
Greninja
Hawlucha
Zoroark

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
If you don't mind my asking, how would Celesteela fight in this game?

All I can imagine is her shooting the crap out of someone's face. lol

If the programmers could make a chandelier fight in the game,they’ll find a way for Celesteela.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
If the programmers could make a chandelier fight in the game,they’ll find a way for Celesteela.

A good starting point, but Chandelure has the movement for it.

For any fighting game, a character must be capable of undergoing a complete 360 degrees of movement. Celesteela is so erect, the most she could probably do are strict 90-degree angles and quick 180-degree turns. She has no flexible limbs of any kind, preventing fluid movements. I could maybe see her as a sub-boss (that would be neat), but not as a playable character.

Victreebong

Gives 'em the slip..
I see Celesteela as swinging her rockets around both ways; pointy end and bamboo roots. The axis being the center of the trunks. So stab and slashing motions with the pointy ends, slamming and swiping moves with the boosters. Also, explosive or fire based projectiles would come off the booster ends as well, maybe a laser projectile off the pointies. She’s also a magnificent flying fat a**, so aerial attacks could be similar to Garchomp’s aerial down (Earthquake) for Heavy Slam, aerial forward/diagonal for Fly, and Gyro Ball usable in air as well. Plenty to work with and no more constrained than Suicune or Chandelure’s movements/hitboxes/axes.

For the last Pokémon, I’m thinking Midnight Lycanroc. There are no Rock-types yet, and given the line’s popularity plus this being its premier Gen, a Lycanroc variation seems like a decent fit. Midnight has the benefit of being bipedal, but Dusk or Midday could be a possibility. I’m banking on Midnight though.

Last edited:

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
I see Celesteela as swinging her rockets around both ways; pointy end and bamboo roots. The axis being the center of the trunks. So stab and slashing motions with the pointy ends, slamming and swiping moves with the boosters. Also, explosive or fire based projectiles would come off the booster ends as well, maybe a laser projectile off the pointies. She’s also a magnificent flying fat a**, so aerial attacks could be similar to Garchomp’s aerial down (Earthquake) for Heavy Slam, aerial forward/diagonal for Fly, and Gyro Ball usable in air as well. Plenty to work with and no more constrained than Suicune or Chandelure’s movements/hitboxes/axes.

I suppose that could work, in theory at least.

But what about her size? She's over 30 ft tall. Every pokemon is designed to scale in this game. Her inclusion would be impossible.

Black Murder Heavangelon

Ow! Ow! Harder! Ow!
Hello everyone. It's been a long time since I've been on the forums, but I just thought I'd come back to share with you all something I've been working on for many months.

As a long time Pokemon fan, I love Pokken, and as such, I too have a wishlist of Pokemon I'd love to see as fighters in the game. But I do more than just make lists, I supplement them with in-depth write-ups detailing their mechanics and attacks, from their Ranged Attacks to their Burst Mode. As of right now, I have made write-ups for 16 pokemon and I plan to make more. They're on my tumblr, and I will link them here:

In order, Eelektross, Flygon, Latias, Lopunny, Porygon-Z, Salazzle, Vespiquen, Zygarde-10%, Tapu Koko, Registeel, Nihilego, Torterra, Glalie, Aerodactyl, Diancie, and Claydol.

Side note, I wrote Torterra when the Arcade version of Pokken was getting more characters and thus it isn't up to my writing standards now. However, it's thorough and detailed enough that a new write-up would just be repeating all of the important information all over, so I'm leaving it as is. However, Aerodactyl, Diancie, Glalie, and Claydol were all done before Pokken was released for the Wii U and not up to par, so they were rewritten.

If you have the time and patience, I would greatly appreciate you reading them. I'll do more on my tumblr, but I won't be coming back to post about every single new one here. Just thought I'd share what I've done so far with this crowd.

Kung Fu Ferret

The Usurper
Pokken dlc playables should possibly include Flygon, Mienshao, Feraligatr, Dusknoir, Tapu Koko, Rhyperior, Pyroar, Hawlucha, Tyrantrum, Salamence, Beartic, Galvantula, Salazzle, Golisopod, Naganadel, Greninja, and Ludicolo.