• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

**DNAngel**

The Red Butterfly

rocket queen
Alright, this is a thread for those who are fans of the great Manga series: DNAngel =DD

My fave characters are: Risa, Daisuke, Dark, Daisuke's Dad(forgot his name) and Emiko^^ (Satoshi scares me Oo;; )

*Waits for more people to come to talk to*

Hazard Angel

Umbreon Master
Definitely a good series, one of my favorites actually. ^-^

My favorite characters are Riku, Daisuke, Dark and Daisuke's father. (I think his name's Kosuke, but I'm not sure ^^')

Koori-chan

Beginning Trainer
I never read it, so I don't know what happens and who are all the characters, but I'm planning on buying it when I'll get some money. My favourite character is Daisuke, but I don't know the other characters enough to say anything yet ^^

Chelc

I've seen the anime [have the complete set <3], and it's definitely one of my favourite series. But my friend tells me there's a lot of differences between the anime and manga...the manga is better? I've only read Volume 1 of the manga, and it did seem a little different, but not by much. Anyone mind explaining to me? ^^;

Mimori Kiryu

^Haven't ever read the manga. Sorry, Chelc. ;;

The anime is awesome though. My favorite is definitely Dark and Daisuke. <3

Chelc

Nah, it's alright. =] Someone else should know...right? *pokes other people*

I think I love all of the characters. XD; Except Takeshi and Krad. He's alright, but he did annoy me a bit. As for Krad...I have no idea. I guess I just didn't like him? I love Daisuke -- he's adorable. Dark is hawt, as is Satoshi. I barely remember a thing about anyone...I should re-watch the anime sometime. ._.; I can't choose between Riku or Risa. :p

Mimori Kiryu

Someone should, yes. =3 *pokes other people too*

I do too, basically. XD I didn't like Krad either, for some reason. Takeshi was alright. Satoshi was absolutely hot. *-* I practically died when I saw him. xD

Chelc

Same. XD He was also full of angst, and imo, angst ftw. <3 I didn't really start liking him until the end for whatever reason, but yeah, he's definitely hot. :3 I loved it when Dark teased Daisuke about having a crush on Satoshi, and Daisuke denying it, LOL. Gotta love that ship. :p

The Red Butterfly

rocket queen
*gets poked* ok my brother was on the computer when I typed this so he didn't let me put a lot down ;;

*revises*

I've read volumes 1-10 and it's really good, a lot better than the anime(I've actually only seen two episodes but so far I'm still liking the manga more XD)

The manga gets into more description and has more going on then the anime and you get a better feel of what Dai is feeling =DD (Plus I'm not too fond of Daisuke's voice ;; )

My favorite characters are Riku, Daisuke, Dark and Daisuke's father. (I think his name's Kosuke, but I'm not sure ^^')

I <3 his dad, he looks good^^ and yeah I think that's his name thanks^^

Last edited:
I've only seen like the first four episodes of the anime and read Volumes 1-10 of the manga.

I'm having a hard time getting into the anime cause the characters seem off to me. Then again Daisuke is my favorite character and I think that anime!Daisuke isn't as cute as manga!Daisuke.

As for the cast, I like everyone. There's no one in DNAngel that I even slighty dislike so that's another plus for me.

Anyways, according to Tokyopop.com, Volume 11 will come out in...September. I think I'll go and re-read DNAngel and then go "argh!" at the cliffhanger in the tenth volume.

Chelc

;; Daisuke's my favourite as well... I loved anime!Daisuke, but I never knew he was cuter in the manga. I actually liked both his dub and original voice. Oo; So I guess it is anime < manga, then? I should buy/catch up with the manga then if Volume 11 is coming out this September...

The Red Butterfly

rocket queen
Actualy he is kinda cuter in the manga, he looks different some how in the anime(so baisically I'm agreeing with Magical Mage XD)

Well actually you're lucky you don't have all the manga and it's already out so you don't have to deal with waiting for the next one to come out XD ;;

undisputed_seraphim

I read DNAngel.

For starters, I'd like to bring up the point that the author (forgot her name) apparently has stopped producing the manga. I haven't seen a volume 11 or 12 for almost a year now.

Anyone any idea what happened?

The Red Butterfly

rocket queen
Well as Magical Mage said, volume eleven should come out some time this september so that's good =D

Hazard Angel

Umbreon Master
Just in case anyone forgot, the creator of the series is Yukiru Sugisaki-senpai; Just FYI. Can't wait for volume 11 myself!

The Red Butterfly

rocket queen
I know I hope it's a happy volume =D Does anyone know if this is the last volume to come out? I looked at tokyopop.com and it didn't show anymore volumes aftre eleve so I was just curious....=D

With the long delay between volume ten and eleven, I figured what happened is that Tokyopop caught up with the Japanese releases of DNAngel and thus had to wait for the next volume to be released.

I have no clue though if DNAngel finishes up on volume eleven or even if it's done in Japan. It's quite possible that Yukiru Sugisaki put it on hiatus.

Jemi Rose

Thunder Trainer
Ok, I've read all the volumes up to 10 from this series and watched the whole season of this title as well. This is one of my favorite titles!

Well, in the manga...
The difference in the manga is that it starts with Daisuke is turning 13, and which meant that he would start to inherit or have another side of himself to be called Dark.

Anyways, after Daisuke gets the info, from his mother, on why he looks like someone older than his original age. Also, telling him that if he's crush or 'maiden' will be the one to break the curse between the switching from Daisuke to Dark and so on.

Which in the manga, if Dark sees Riku, the older twin sister, he will turn back to Daisuke since he has a crush on her. Same goes for Daisuke, if he sees Risa, the younger twin sister, he will turn into Dark.

Meaning Dark's maiden was Riku -> From volumes 1-9
Meaning Daisuke's maiden was Risa-> From volumes 1-5

After the first four volumes, the plot progress as Daisuke gets used having Dark as his company while stealing important artifacts that Daisuke's mother tells them to steal. Which of course, she sends the letter/threat to the news for Dark is about to steal an artifact from a museum, and so on.

As the manga goes to the volumes five to ten, things change between Daisuke and Dark.

Dark becomes more aware that he will soon will have to leave Daisuke for he will dissappear and also that a battle is coming between his arch-nemesis and himself.

Daisuke becomes matured, with his usual personality, as he knows that or feels that Dark will soon dissappear since it happened with his grandfather during his time. And becomes more worried that he will never see his other side anymore, more like he will have his other half missing.

As for the maidens, Daisuke finally realized that he first love doesn't have to be his only love, so he found out that he true love was no other than the other twin sister;Riku. Dark, too, did the same as he also found how much Risa has been there for him when he needed someone or so on.

With the appearance of Satoshi, it causes Daisuke a few problems, like in the anime. First of all, the Satoshi's appearance both in manga in anime is very important since he has another side to him; Krad.

Spelled backwords, Krad is actually one of Dark nemesis in capturing all of the Hiwatari family artifacts.

Krads purpose for getting the artifacts is for his own evil purposes, while Dark is just what he's supposed to do and for the fact that he enjoys making a mockery out of the detectives since he can actually get away from their traps.

The Hiwatari family from the past were evil magicians or witches or wizards or etc., created artifacts that either had humans souls or not trapped in them. The purpose of the artifacts were to used for evil such as killing the innocent, but also for the reason for greediness for more power. Since the Hiwatari family couldn't control the power, the power destroy them giving them a taste of their own medicine.

Up to chapter ten, Dark's arch-nemesis appears and is already starting to look for him, the reason is obvious; to destroy him.

Chapter eleven is yet to come out at this point. *Sighs*

In the anime...

In the anime, the plot is totally changed with a few things still kept the same.

The way the first episode starts, like it starts in the manga, Daisuke turns thirteen and has already inherit the other side of himself. But, the way the director started the series was really messed-up. I mean, he actually made both main-character actually have a crush on the younger twin; Risa. I was expecting that the director wouldn't changed that part, but not all anime follow completely what happens in the book. *Sighs again*

It turns out that the plot of the anime version is all about stealing more artifacts and a little romance battle between Dark and Daisuke for Risa.

In later episodes, more characters appear such as Satoshi, Takeshi and some of the Harada twins friends. As well, with a new character

It seems that director took some liberty and making the foster father of Satoshi become the main-villian in the show while having Krad aside as well.

When the anime comes to the last episodes of the series, it's pretty much the whole deal with Dark defeating Krad with Daisuke by his side. Not to only dissappear right after the battle.! ;.;

The shows ends really good with Daisuke and Riku ending with a kiss, and a possiblity for Satoshi and Risa to become a couple.

Well, that's it, sorry but there is more than this...too much to write.

Anyways, I think , personality, that the manga was better than the anime, due to the director that took out some important details from the anime version.

I would the say the manga was way better for how much the characters reacted, and changed themselves throughout the volumes of the series. Also, for it wasn't much rushed like the anime was.

Anime rating: 4/5. It was an ok , good drawings, the plot was good, but the whole maiden things was changed.

Manga rating: 5/5. It was good, good drawings, the plot was awesome, the pairings were awesome!

Well, that's it! Later everyone!

~*Jemi Rose*~

Chelc

:eek: Thanks so much for that, Jemi Rose!

Man, it really does sound like the manga is better... especially the Risa/Satoshi shipping that I've always wanted to see. Also, I never knew Dark really did like Riku. It definitely sounds more detailed. I'm off to buy to buy the manga! And catch up with all of you guys. XD;