• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Do All Paths Lead To Heaven?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NINJA PENGUIN

I've Heard Alot Of People Say Recently, That All Paths Lead To Heaven, Or That As Long As Your A Good Person...Etc Etc.

So Do All Path Lead To Heaven?

Thoughts?

Well, who is ANYONE to say anything can lead to heaven? We've yet to recive word from "god" on the requirements into heaven. Not that I'm saying there's no heaven, but I would like some proof it or something, from "god" himself. Heaven is useally portrayed on TV as a deep white space with EVERYTHING you want and those who are good are allowed in, those who aren't are restricted and sent to hell. If "god" made all humans equal then he KNOWS that no human can go without sin so why would hell even be an option for his children?

Based on my interpretations of the Quran, as well as various things I've been taught, I would say that yes, all paths lead to heaven.

In Islam, on the day of Judgement, your good deeds are weighed against your bad deeds, and whichever is the heaviest leads you to go to Heaven or Hell. I don't know what happens when they are equal, though.

But instead of eternal pain and suffering, I think Hell is more like ironic jail. This prevents people who have done only one more bad deed to receive less punishment than, say, Hitler, who would be ironically punished for every bad deed he has done, but would eventually be sent to Heaven.

Dattebayo

Banned
Not according to a source I've watched, which said only the Mormons can go to heaven.

Aquanova

I do think all paths in al religions can lead to heaven. However, heaven is a concept that not all religions have

Tendo

Banned
I do think all paths in al religions can lead to heaven. However, heaven is a concept that not all religions have
The path to heaven is metaphorical, therefore, can't co-exist with us in our universe. Your coagulable thought shows you aren't able to comprehend this and instead "program" your religious side for this "ensuing debate". I suggest you take a look around you and research Darwin's theory before you make protest here on this subject, you will learn a lot from it.

Bill Nye the Sneasel Guy

If you believe that absolutely any path or religion if followed correctly, will certainly lead you to heaven... I absolutely do not agree. However, I do believe that what will send a person is God's mercy and forgiveness, which doesn't necesarily have to be limited to Christians.

houndourm

a-a-a-awesome
It all depends on what you consider to be heaven. As some people don't like the picture perfect Christian heaven. And most religions say you have to follow all the rules to get to their version of heaven.

ShadowSplash

Spring is Coming!
I'm not religious at all, but I'm open minded enough to have my thoughts on IF there is a Heaven.

I don't believe what the Bible says about how you MUST do all this stuff and if you don't, you're damned to Hell for all eternity.

If you ask me, I believe that you can "sin" and still get to Heaven. It's all about if you're a good person on the inside. There are LOADS of "religious" people who go to church every Sunday, pray every morning and night, celebrate Christmas, Easter and follow the rules perfectly during lent. And any other religious things I'm forgetting. But you can bet that not all of them are actually good people. A lot of them will go screw people over, be completely greedy and selfish and not care about other people, and then go to Church and confess and believe that doing that clears them of what they did and now they can still go to Heaven.

I think that's crap. And I disagree completely.

You're not supposed to steal, right? That could be considered a "sin." But what if you're completely poor, and can't support your one child. And the only hope to keep your child alive is to try to steal a little food. Do you really think that if you went to someone's garden or wherever and stole a fruit or vegetable to save your child, that you should be damned to Hell? No. You did it for the right reason, you weren't intending to do wrong on the person/place you stole from. You're caring for your child.

That's why I say that if you have a good heart, and you are overall a good person, you can go to "Heaven." No one is 100% perfect, not even priests/pastors/whatever. But as long as you ultimately do the right thing and are a good person on the inside, it doesn't matter if you're going to Church every sunday or praying every morning and night. It's all about who you really are.

Ichi

swagswagswagswagswag
No, probably not. If you research different religions, most of them have their own unique way of getting into heaven and claim that their way is the ONLY way. If that were the case, and we're assuming there's only one heaven, then we must have the most schizophrenic god watching over us.

I'm not religious at all, but I'm open minded enough to have my thoughts on IF there is a Heaven.

I don't believe what the Bible says about how you MUST do all this stuff and if you don't, you're damned to Hell for all eternity.

If you ask me, I believe that you can "sin" and still get to Heaven. It's all about if you're a good person on the inside. There are LOADS of "religious" people who go to church every Sunday, pray every morning and night, celebrate Christmas, Easter and follow the rules perfectly during lent. And any other religious things I'm forgetting. But you can bet that not all of them are actually good people. A lot of them will go screw people over, be completely greedy and selfish and not care about other people, and then go to Church and confess and believe that doing that clears them of what they did and now they can still go to Heaven.

I think that's crap. And I disagree completely.

You're not supposed to steal, right? That could be considered a "sin." But what if you're completely poor, and can't support your one child. And the only hope to keep your child alive is to try to steal a little food. Do you really think that if you went to someone's garden or wherever and stole a fruit or vegetable to save your child, that you should be damned to Hell? No. You did it for the right reason, you weren't intending to do wrong on the person/place you stole from. You're caring for your child.

That's why I say that if you have a good heart, and you are overall a good person, you can go to "Heaven." No one is 100% perfect, not even priests/pastors/whatever. But as long as you ultimately do the right thing and are a good person on the inside, it doesn't matter if you're going to Church every sunday or praying every morning and night. It's all about who you really are.

Not to turn this into a super religious thing, but nowhere in the Bible does it say that just being a good person will give you access into heaven. Nor does it say that all religious people are completely sin-free and deserve to get into Heaven because they follow all these laws and traditions.

Last edited:

ShadowSplash

Spring is Coming!
Not to turn this into a super religious thing, but nowhere in the Bible does it say that just being a good person will give you access into heaven. Nor does it say that all religious people are completely sin-free and deserve to get into Heaven because they follow all these laws and traditions.

Oh, I wasn't saying that the Bible said that. It was my opinion. I stated that I completely disagree with the Bible, because it claims that you need to be worshipping God and going to church and praying and confessing your sins.

And I may be wrong when I say that, because I only read the beginning of the Bible. But I've been told that it says things like that from many religious people.

My point was that that's MY belief. I wasn't claiming that the Bible said that stuff, sorry for any miscommunication.

All Roads Don't Lead Heavenward

No. Certainly not all paths lead to heaven. This can be demonstrated from a variety of perspectives.

First of all, if no heaven exists, then no paths lead to heaven. In order for any paths to reach heaven, it would logically need to exist.

However, let us consider the case of heaven existing. In this case, the deity/deities (of some religion or another) have jurisdiction over heaven and make the rules. We do not. Therefore, if a given religion is correct about belief in their deity/deities, then those who purposely choose to rebel against, fight, or hate the deity/deities do not deserve to spend their afterlife with the deity/deities. In many cases, it is likely the people would not want to spend their eternity with the deity/deities. Thus some people do not get to spend their afterlife in heaven--they must have a choice.

To apply the above to actual religions, let me state the case with me. I do not believe that most gods of various religions exist. As much as I love the Percy Jackson and the Olympians books, I don't believe that Zeus, Poseidon, Hades, or any of the other Greek gods exist. Having actively put forward the idea that these beings do not exist, if after my life ends I were to find out they exist, would I want to spend my eternity with them? Would they want me to spend eternity with me? The answer should be an obvious "No."

But on the other hand, if we were to assume that all roads lead to heaven, whose heaven is it anyway? The world's religions each have very different concepts of an afterlife. If the Hindus were correct, there would be something called Nirvana, which reportedly means "nothingness." While I would be much more comfortable in an afterlife without bad things, I find the lack of good things disturbing; indeed, it would seem to me much more like hell than heaven.

For my religion, I'd like to point out that if you believe certain things, you will neither deserve nor even want to spend eternity in heaven with Jesus. Some (like the Pharisees of His day) have believed He did His miracles in the power of Satan.

This is sufficient to demonstrate that not everyone goes to heaven. That said, ShadowSplash, the point of this debate is not whether everyone goes to hell unless they do specific things, worship a deity/deities; instead, it's about whether everyone goes to heaven whether or not they believe any certain things, follow any given deity, etc.

GhostAnime

Searching for her...
Well, it's certainly possible. What if each heaven existed in different worlds? There isn't anything impossible about that, really.

The problem is just proving it.

Well, it's certainly possible. What if each heaven existed in different worlds? There isn't anything impossible about that, really.

Earlier today, I was trying to contemplate the possibility of more than one different concept of heaven existing (though not necessarily all the different versions). A hypothetical heaven where the Greek and Roman gods are actually just the same beings with different names is not hard to imagine, but other possibilities would be harder.

It is a good point you bring up, and one that I need to look into further. But just on a preliminary basis, I'd think that our world can only be governed by one deity or set of deities.

Evil Quagsire

Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiny
There's no way to even know if there is a heaven. Personally I think reincarnation makes more sense, though I don't really believe in that either. But for all paths to lead to heaven, heaven would indeed have to be a thing that exists. I don't have any inkling as to whether or not it does, so the question itself is bizarre.

Tim the turtle

Happy Mudkip
Earlier today, I was trying to contemplate the possibility of more than one different concept of heaven existing (though not necessarily all the different versions). A hypothetical heaven where the Greek and Roman gods are actually just the same beings with different names is not hard to imagine, but other possibilities would be harder.

It is a good point you bring up, and one that I need to look into further. But just on a preliminary basis, I'd think that our world can only be governed by one deity or set of deities.
It is an interesting point, and as an added bonus it reminded me of this wonderful little animated short:
http://vimeo.com/18011143

houndourm

a-a-a-awesome

Well everything has been proven and disprove on different realities... so in some version of a timeline there is a beginning in wich a god had created us and heaven. So you can say that the concept of a heaven is possible and proven because in the ninth dimension you can fold to a different reality in wich this has happened...

...Correct me if I'm wrong... just learned about the ten dimensions.

Status
Not open for further replies.