• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Do animals live in the Pokemon world?

Do you think animals live in the pokemon world?

• Yes, they could probably live with them.

Votes: 113 50.4%
  • No, that's why they never make appearances.

Votes: 111 49.6%

• Total voters

Gelatino95

Not a tool
That said, there are certainly animals in the Pokemon world. Humans do not eat Pokemon when they eat meat; they eat the natural animals that they can't battle with. It would be disgusting otherwise. Why would you eat something that could be your most powerful ally if you encountered it in the wild, caught it, and trained it?

Animals can be your friends too. What makes pokemon any different besides the fact that they're more powerful?

That article is bogus for claiming that evolution really happened and not giving any counterarguments. I do believe animals exist in the Pokemon world, but I am not going by an article that claims a false theory that has yet to be proven is fact.

Creationism also has yet to be proven

Ludwig

That article is bogus for claiming that evolution really happened and not giving any counterarguments. I do believe animals exist in the Pokemon world, but I am not going by an article that claims a false theory that has yet to be proven is fact.

Evolution have been observed. Not the big changes like fishes getting lungs and and legs, but small changes like the change of color when environment changes. One example used a lot in Swedish schools is a moth/butterfly (don't remember which) that was either black or white, it spent a lot of time sitting on birches (white trees) and the black ones were very rare, then something happened and there were a lot of soot that made the trees black, the amount of black insects increased a lot and the white version was almost extinct, then something happened and the birches got white again and it went back to normal. It's not that the white ones were eaten more, meaning that more black ones survived and that's why the black ones were more usual, the change was too big for it to be only that. The positive color had to be inherited or that change wouldn't had been that major (do note that the total amount of individuals of the specie wasn't affected greatly when the black version got common). Another example that I don't remember as detailed is another insect, I think a type of grasshopper that "migrated" to a "new" island. The grasshoppers made a sound with their wings for some purpose and a specie on that "new" island that was not on their previous inhabitant could locate and eat them based on the sound, a few generations later, the shape of the wings had been altered to not make that sound, for almost all individuals!

Gelatino95

Not a tool
I think the most plausible explanation would be that most animals have been out-competed by pokemon, but there are a few animals such as underwater filter-feeders that have a niche in their environment that isn't challenged by any pokemon species.

hem123

cats were in it to

Well the only animal that was seen in the anime that is NOT A Pokemon was a fish back in the Original Series other than that no other animals but It could be possible.

No, because one time i was watching a ( very old ) pokemon episode, and I saw a cat !!! :570:

Ludwig

Well the only animal that was seen in the anime that is NOT A Pokemon was a fish back in the Original Series other than that no other animals but It could be possible.

There have been many non-pokémon animals in the anime, examples are every trainer, most of the spectators that come to watch battles, all background characters.

DJ Pon-3

Elite DJ

What do Pokemon do when they get to a certain level?

Lulu_used_SunnyDay

Petal Blizzard

LOLOLOL, to me it looks like someone can't face the fact that every sensible person accepted it as the most reasonable explenation.....and is trying to argue about it in an unrelated thread.

Calamity™

aka Lamia
Maybe they made a mistake by introducing the fish in that one episode of Pokémon, but because of that you pretty much have to assume that animals do exist in the Pokémon world. If not, you'd have to at least acknowledge a single animal exists. (the fish)

Pokemon are special breed animals that have powers beyond belief ! So there are animals in pokemon,they're the pokemon.

Jinvaani

Well it was mentioned, so I guess technically yes :D

The food chain would be interesting, like Ariados eating birds.

Last edited:

battle171

New Gen, Go!
I would hope that there are. I can't stand to think what they use for meat :(

Katipunero

Eye in the Sky
The thing is, if pokemon are the animals, then doesn't that mean they ate pokemon?
The series is supposed to portray friendship between humans and pokemon but
how is that when we're eating them too?