• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Do any Pokemon on Ash's current team belong in his top 5 strongest Pokemon?

Do any Pokemon on Ash's current team belong in his top 5 strongest Pokemon?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tomic2505

Expert Trainer
Hey everyone,

Would love to get your opinion on if you feel that any of Ash's current Pokemon belong in his top 5 strongest Pokemon of all time, and we can expand this to his top 10 to have more wiggle room if you'd like. I have drifted away from the series and haven't watched too much of this season, so please share your thoughts.

Minus Pikachu, my opinions are below

Melmetal - Has potential to be in top 5, but the way it lost to Sivally was a little disheartening for me.
Naganadel - We really need to see how it stacks up against Tapu Koko this week, but definitely has potential to be in top 5 as well.
Rowlet - Despite beating its fully evolved form, not nearly enough for me but very impressive.
Incineroar - Compared to Ash's other fully evolved starter Pokemon such as Infernape, Sceptile, Charizard, and Greninja, Incineroar unfortunately sits close to the bottom of that list for me.
Lycanroc - My knowledge of Ash's Lycanroc is honestly not strong enough to say, and I don't want to sell it short, but its hard for me to put him in the top 5 let alone the top 10 with all of Ash's other Pokemon.

For comparison sake, my top 5 strongest of Ash's Pokemon in no particular order would be . After the top 5 it does obviously get much harder.
-Charizard
-Infernape
-Greninja
-Sceptile
-Pikachu

Thanks,
Thomas

Nikinini

Lycanroc is one of his strongest, but I don't think it's top 5.

Blast Torracat/Incineroar definitely is though. Kukui's Incineroar was as strong as previous Champion aces, never taking damage and taking everything out with one hit(even Melmetal), and Blast Torracat was able to fight on equal terms against it. We don't know if he will continue to have this power though.

Rock Captain 99

Following the dreams!!
They have the potential. So I have voted a 'Yes'. But it's quite difficult to place them in the tier, since we haven't seen most of them in many battles!! They need to prove themselves super strong to stand beside the likes of Greninja, Charizard, and Pikachu!!

ash&charizardfan

Humans are tools
Lycanroc is one of his strongest, but I don't think it's top 5.

Blast Torracat/Incineroar definitely is though. Kukui's Incineroar was as strong as previous Champion aces, never taking damage and taking everything out with one hit(even Melmetal), and Blast Torracat was able to fight on equal terms against it. We don't know if he will continue to have this power though.

Comparing incineroar to champions ace is the biggest joke i have ever heard, but then again this guy even put ash ahead of all other vesions of sh, the biggest feat incineroar ever had was beating or oneshotting mega aggron and that too he had to use its trump card z move they were even when both darkest lariat and double edge clashed together. And it still lost to torracat whether it was absorbing energy or nota dn torracat is nowhere near ash's aces level. He beat melmetal because it was recently evolved and had type disadvantage and sh's melmetl hsn't shown anything to be called OP.

As for lycnnroc it is one of ash's most overrated pokemon, it lost to braviary who was oneshotted by mega aggron earlier and its biggest feat is beating gladions lycnnroc who let be fair was dominating ash's lycan for most of the match and won only due to ash's cleverness of countering counter.

diakyu

And it still lost to torracat whether it was absorbing energy or nota dn torracat is nowhere near ash's aces level.
straight up ignoring the two super effective moves Lycanroc landed on it beforehand. Inceniroar got some of you shook

ash&charizardfan

Humans are tools
straight up ignoring the two super effective moves Lycanroc landed on it beforehand. Inceniroar got some of you shook

Lycannroc only hit it with one piece of rock that wasn't even a full attack and accelerock only hit since he wan't able to move from blast burn effect , though that did some damage it did rest throughout the match. Torracat still beat it fair and square.

As for the main question incineroar is his top 6 pokemon for sure replacing snorlax but top 5 is tough, pikachu is universal boss while greninja has specil fom which puts him in level of legendaries whereas charizard has by far the toughest training of all in charazific valley and sceptile and infernape are all highly battle experienced pokemno who now have way more experience than incineroar. Those 5 are better than incineroar as of now in future if it coms back and take down legendary then it will be in top 5 right now it is the 6th stongest pokemon.

Last edited:

Sham

The Guardian of War
I voted yes. Of course their feats will be compressed due to what series they were in but they were definitely better than Kanto, Johto and Unova. The verdict is still out on the other three.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
It all boils down to Incineroar vs Sceptile, which is kinda weird without counting z moves, but assuming Torracat fully absorbed Blast Burn's energy to evolve, I'd say he does get there

Revolver Furious Dragon

For me his strongest would be

Pikachu (sometimes)
Charizard
Infernape
Sceptile
Snorlax
Krookodile?

As it stands I don't think any of his current team are there yet. But that's mainly because sm hasn't been as impressive as other series in terms of battles.

I'm sure something like lycanroc or melmetal would be contenders if they had more chances to showcase what they could do

Reactions: RLC

CMButch

Kanto is love. Kanto is life.
I'd say no, but it's hard between Snorlax and Incineroar. But then I remembered Snorlax can go "enraged mode" and he dodges OP Meowth-Robot in Supersonic speed and could climb entire mountain by chasing Ash without a sweat. He also beat Greta and in Johto he beat two of Gary's and Harrison's Pokemon and falls to third. So, it's hard but I'd say enraged Snorlax > Incineroar > Snorlax. Also, Niki, lmao no at Kukui's Incineroar being as strong as Champion aces hahahahhahahahahhaha. Also, him not taking any damage( despite taking it lol), doesn't mean he's Champion level, Lmao. Many other Pokemon didn't get any damage in past, so they're Champion level? Lol. That means other Pokemon are weaker than usual.Beginning of Johto Charizard didn't feel a thing from Casey's Chikorita, so that Charizard was E4 level? xD.Funny.

@mehmeh1 Sceptile beat Darkai who single-handedly beat all gym leaders and 6 Pokemon from a trainer. So, based on this logic, Sceptile would've beaten 6 Pokemon from random trainer who get 8 badges( from Volkner and we all know how strong is Volkner).Call me when Incineroar does that. If he does that,yes he's stronger than Sceptile, but since he didn't do, he's not yes. Maybe he will have better feats in future, as of now. Sceptile > Incineroar. Incineroar is 6th or 7th though.

Last edited:

RLC

@mehmeh1 Sceptile beat Darkai who single-handedly beat all gym leaders and 6 Pokemon from a trainer. So, based on this logic, Sceptile would've beaten 6 Pokemon from random trainer who get 8 badges( from Volkner and we all know how strong is Volkner).Call me when Incineroar does that. If he does that,yes he's stronger than Sceptile, but since he didn't do, he's not yes. Maybe he will have better feats in future, as of now. Sceptile > Incineroar. Incineroar is 6th or 7th though.
fam ma boi darkrai got convincingly damaged before hand so your not doing a fair equivalence, the fact secptile could beat darkrai at all is impressive but we can't disregard it being somewhat damaged previously. that being said though i still think it was a far better feat than beating kukui's incineroar(and he also got damage by other pokemon like darkrai) so i still think it's sceptile>incineroar

Lionel_B

For me, the number 1 remains Sceptile. Although it was ridiculous to put a legendary Pokémon trainer in the Sinnoh league, he's still the only one of all the competition (gym match included) to have defeated Darkrai.

CMButch

Kanto is love. Kanto is life.
fam ma boi darkrai got convincingly damaged before hand so your not doing a fair equivalence, the fact secptile could beat darkrai at all is impressive but we can't disregard it being somewhat damaged previously. that being said though i still think it was a far better feat than beating kukui's incineroar(and he also got damage by other pokemon like darkrai) so i still think it's sceptile>incineroar
Yeah, but don't forget he used Dream Eater so he restored his health, sure not all the way, but that was Sceptile vs like 90% Darkrai.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
There really isn't a pedestal to be able to judge that but I do think melmetal incineroar and lycanroc have potential to be there. I love how ash didn't have one specific screentime hogging Ace but all of his Pokemon were impressive, had impressive feats, scored wins and were shown to be amazing. So for me right now it's a yes.

Tomic2505

Expert Trainer
I'm surprised that no one has brought up Naganadel yet. I think it has just as much potential as Melmetal to be in the top 5.

TheNewGuy

Top 5 is almost certainly Zard Infernape Sceptile Greninja Pikachu/Snorlax (depending on if you have issues with Pikachu's power fluctuations, which is fair).

None of the current crop make it. Lycanroc and Incineroar are maybe top 15 and obviously Melmetal and Naganadel are innately powerful species so they might have a shot, but the scoreboard is all-important and they simply don't have the track record of important wins. You can argue for potential and the power level of Kukui's Pokemon or Gladion's, but the scoreboard is what matters in the end.

Reactions: RLC

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Hahaha... no.
Charizard, Pikachu, Infernape, Sceptile, Greninja, and Krookodile/Snorlax are Ash's strongest Pokemon.

Status
Not open for further replies.