• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Do/Don't you think Gliscor will upstage Glalie?

J-boogie200

Poor Glalie, it has one of the best League records, but it probably won't be seen for a good 4 years.... At least in a battle anyway.

Ok, so we all know Gliscor has been inconsistent, but to me and many others it is still a wonderful Pokemon.

Now Gligar and Snorunt I'd put on the same levels, as far as you know, both being very green to the battle scene(hehehe, I like that one).

Now, compare and contrast. Does Gligar have the potential to upstage Glalie. Even in the battles he loses, will they be impressive enough to make the viewers forget about Glalie's battles.

I'm talking about League time.

However, I'm not talking about who's stronger. Glalie should win that battle, at least, IMO.

I love both Pokemon, but I wanted to make this thread since both were caught out of the blue, had unexpected evolutions, and both filled Ash's final slot?

So, can Gliscor upstage Glalie? Will it do worse than Glalie? Will it be even?

For me, I want to say even, that way both can say they have done good for Ash league wise(wait, Pokemon(excluding Meowth can't talk hahaha I crack myself up).

HoennMaster

Yes it does. I did great at the Canalave Gym, and we haven't even gotten to the league yet.

A tad off-topic, but if you put Glalie and Gliscor on the same team, pure comedy gold.

Yes it does. I did great at the Canalave Gym, and we haven't even gotten to the league yet.

A tad off-topic, but if you put Glalie and Gliscor on the same team, pure comedy gold.

I think Glalie lost its personality when it evolved. Before it was childish and mischievous also but later all it was a boring and powerful pokemon but I don't blame writers cause what can you get from just a head (Gastly usually does its face acts). I think Gliscor is better one cause it has same personality as Gligar had and I think it is more powerful cause it won its first badge and not only that it defeated gym leaders final Pokemon.

Rokroad

Hot Drops
Gliscor is better then Glagie. In its personality and everything else, to bad though.
Glalie was a nice Pokémon to I think, to bad we didn;t see that much of it.

Gliscor is better then Glagie. In its personality and everything else, to bad though.
Glalie was a nice Pokémon to I think, to bad we didn;t see that much of it.

Oh really, tell me what personality did Glalie had? Looking Dangerous or Angry? Gliscor at least provide some comic relief.

STICKTOPIA

Yea it might upstage glalie b/c Ash caught snorunt 2 episodes b4 his 8th gym battle and he caught gligar 2 episodes b4 his 3rd gym battle. Then again ever since Ash caught gligar it's actual battles were (gligar vs gliscor(lost))(gliscor vs roserade(tie))(gliscor vs bastiodon(won)(gliscor vs snover(lost) and (gliscor vs torterra(lost)). So gliscor only won 1 battle so far......

Yea it might upstage glalie b/c Ash caught snorunt 2 episodes b4 his 8th gym battle and he caught gligar 2 episodes b4 his 3rd gym battle. Then again ever since Ash caught gligar it's actual battles were (gligar vs gliscor(lost))(gliscor vs roserade(tie))(gliscor vs bastiodon(won)(gliscor vs snover(lost) and (gliscor vs torterra(lost)). So gliscor only won 1 battle so far......

But wasn't that one battle quite something. I mean it participate for first time in a gym battle and defeat the gym leaders strongest pokemon.

Thriller

Its almost time
Glalie did not lose it's personality when it evolved. In fact, I always considered the evolution beneficial to its personality. It seemed to enjoy having a round, floating body that allowed it to bounce around.

Gliscor is still my favorite of the Sinnoh Pokemon though, one of the reasons why is the same as why Glalie was my favorite of the Hoenn Pokemon; that is them being Pokemon that nobody expected Ash to get due to how menacing they both look (but looks can always be deceiving, the only time Glalie used that to its advantage was the moment it evolved).

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
Gliscor has a unfair advantage, because of Glalie being caught literally almost right before the league.

pastel

Viva el Reggaeton!
i actually dont think he will be able to do ot, gliscor is kindof weak...

Thriller

Its almost time
I'd say with Fire Fang, Gliscor would have a chance against Glalie in a fight.

Doesn't change the fact it's 4x weakness to Ice though.

Heracross

Custom User Title
Gliscor has a unfair advantage, because of Glalie being caught literally almost right before the league.
Yeah, it doesn't take all that much to upstage something that had maybe a dozen episodes of screen time at best, league battles or not.

I'd say with Fire Fang, Gliscor would have a chance against Glalie in a fight.

Doesn't change the fact it's 4x weakness to Ice though.

We aren't talking about those two battling each other, we are talking about their status in the league.

Yeah, it doesn't take all that much to upstage something that had maybe a dozen episodes of screen time at best, league battles or not.

Your rank pic is awesome and I think its gonna change soon.

thunderblade12

Glalie was surprsingly strong during the Hoenn League even though it hadn't been used much. Kinda like Kingler, Tauros, and Muk and Heracross during the Johto League.

Gliscor will probably be just as strong, if not stronger, during the Sinnoh League.

Glalie was surprsingly strong during the Hoenn League even though it hadn't been used much. Kinda like Kingler, Tauros, and Muk and Heracross during the Johto League.

Gliscor will probably be just as strong, if not stronger, during the Sinnoh League.

And this time we are getting to see how this wildcard Pokemon is getting strong. Kingler was shown to be powerful just because it evolved and Muk was powerful from beginning while Tauros and Heracross were in OU that time so they are deemed to be powerful.

zeno48

Zaker!

There is no argument there but i think gliscor won't surpass glalie because i don't see it as strong.

RickHoenn

Banned
Glalie>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Gliscor

Glalie's attacks are more powerful than Gliscor's

The battle with Morrison was Epic! :)